BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-14-2018, 08:45 AM   #1
evoXtoM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black Coupe E92 M3

AA 625hp kit Low Dyno Numbers 368whp...

Picked up a supercharged AA 08 E92 M3 with 36k miles for a pretty good deal and have been cleaning the car up and going over it. the meth wasn't working in the car and was hesitating up top.

Cleaned the meth nozzle and replace the switch and the meth started flowing and testing fine..

Hesitation issue ended up just being a new set of plugs so was stoked about that. But I figured I wanted to have my good friends shop check over the car and make sure its running how it should before I dick with it any longer.

He got around to throwing the car on the dyno and was quite shocked that it ended up only making 368whp/298wtq... he said that mostly all the supercharged e92 cars make no power on his dyno and this one has actually made the most..

Kind of hard to believe, but we are pulling a vac line and hooking a boost gauge up to see what the boost levels are like. hopefully not 6-7lbs and just have a boost leak some where.

I do know the kit is from 2011 so it is 8 years old and wondering maybe if the head unit needs replaced??

Anyone have any other suggestions??

Car is an 2008 E92 with Actives 625 hp kit, it has meth injection and is also catless now as well...

I messaged active but haven't heard back yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 08:46 AM   #2
evoXtoM3
Private First Class
Rep

Their dyno is a pretty low reading Mustang Dyno, but saw the comparison Active posted when the kits were released from mustang dyno, to dynojet the same day for comparisons.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
eatsleepboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

That power sounds very low even on a low reading Dyno. It's not like that Dyno is going to read 170hp lower than another Dyno. Can't believe the car doesn't have a boost gauge already but that is the first check.

Especially being catless that kit should make good power if boosting properly. What elevation are you at?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 10:17 AM   #4
evoXtoM3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleepboost View Post
That power sounds very low even on a low reading Dyno. It's not like that Dyno is going to read 170hp lower than another Dyno. Can't believe the car doesn't have a boost gauge already but that is the first check.

Especially being catless that kit should make good power if boosting properly. What elevation are you at?
Completely agree! Seems like it’s down a ton of power. I can see maybe low 400’s on a super low reading dyno but definitely doesn’t seem even relatively close lol.

We are 1300 feet above sea leve here. But yea the car definitely wasn’t taken car for it seemed like. I already replaced a couple vacuum lines that had splices in them and or were brittle so hopefully just a boost leak some where!

Also, who ever aligned the charge pipe last time was a moron and was rubbing the pulley on the blower.. takes all 2 seconds to realign it so can definitely tell someone didn’t have a clue
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #5
eatsleepboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

Based on my calculation you will have a 6% loss of hp at that elevation from those of us at sea level.

Even accounting for that your numbers are way off. Get your boost reading and report back.

I have seen many 625 kit cars Dyno at about 550. Adding in your elevation loss, you should be around 517hp especially being catless. Lower reading Dyno could put you down some more. Under mid 400's there seems to be an issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #6
evoXtoM3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleepboost View Post
Based on my calculation you will have a 6% loss of hp at that elevation from those of us at sea level.

Even accounting for that your numbers are way off. Get your boost reading and report back.

I have seen many 625 kit cars Dyno at about 550. Adding in your elevation loss, you should be around 517hp especially being catless. Lower reading Dyno could put you down some more. Under mid 400's there seems to be an issue.
Will definitely report back once we see boost reading! Hopefully something simple
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 12:52 PM   #7
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

That seems very low for any dyno. I'd bet you have a leak somewhere.

Is this an Hks blower?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 10:14 PM   #8
evoXtoM3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
That seems very low for any dyno. I'd bet you have a leak somewhere.

Is this an Hks blower?
Thanks for commenting Andrew! I’ve been emailing someone from active not sure who it is lol.. but yes it’s an HKS blower. The owner of the shop that I’m good friends with said the car is right around 6-8lbs. I’m going to recheck myself once I get the car back.

I’ve been contemplating buying a cable from you guys and start tuning / log process to see if you guys can see anything going on... I do know the software I believe is from 2011. I know you guys updated injectors but the car runs super smooth just low on power
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 08:58 AM   #9
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Yeah get those boost numbers. If these are within spec then the next thing to do would be to either get it to a dyno with diagnostic capabilities or purchase a simon 2 cable and we can start getting logging information to figure out where the problem may be.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 11:44 AM   #10
evoXtoM3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Yeah get those boost numbers. If these are within spec then the next thing to do would be to either get it to a dyno with diagnostic capabilities or purchase a simon 2 cable and we can start getting logging information to figure out where the problem may be.
Will report back as soon as I get the car back. I’ll probaby just buy the cable from you guys and go from there. Is there any easier way to get ahold of you Andrew rather than on here? My personal email is joshevo10@hotmail.com and or my cell is 724-713-5794. If neither of those maybe pm on here?
Appreciate 0