BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

07-25-2013, 01:34 AM   #89
DKM3
Bimmerpost Special Prosecutor II
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

I hate how you can post something great on 4 then it turns out being the last post on the page and everyone has already moved onto five. Damn it!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:38 AM   #90
Edjay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW, 76 2002

Well maybe ask him if he can give you the dealers contact info. Might be easier to just call them direct and see if they can get you that missing piece.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:39 AM   #91
DKM3
United_States
Rep

Close of ACT I

Let's see what happens next:

Did the wheel come from a salvage yard?
Does MEEZE still have the harness and module in his car?
Does DK type too much on these forums? Yes.

Check back after the intermission.

Last edited by DKM3; 07-25-2013 at 01:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 02:00 AM   #92
beemerdude5150
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 Loaded

This episode was brought to you by

#M3post

Viewer discretion advised.

And now back to your normal program.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #93
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjay View Post
From his FS thread its clear what comes with the sale. He also stated that he is not aware if theres anything else needed. My question is why didn't you check (maybe with your mechanic) If that was all you needed. Sorry,I honestly dont think he was trying to scam anyone.
The op should get a refund then. What's the point of paying $800 for something that doesn't work, especially if you could get a new one for $1,100?
I mean, we can all assume, the seller included that the buyer wanted a working product.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #94
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
This was more fun when everyone was all rallied up...
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #95
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

This thread is a joke.

OP should get his money back. End of story.

Regardless of what's pictured, he was told everything needed for operation was included.

Should he have checked, yes.. obviously. But was the item misrepresented.. absolutely, especially considering you CANNOT run the wheel without the module.

Everyone coming in here and giving legitimacy to this seller is effectively diminishing the OP's chance of refund and the same time encouraging this bullshit to happen to themselves.

If what we have all read here is an accurate representation of the events and communication, then buyer beware indeed. I'd like to think that the community on these boards is better than that, but I am constantly reminded by seller and some members behavior, we aren't.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #96
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD
This thread is a joke.

Regardless of what's pictured, he was told everything needed for operation was included.

Should he have checked, yes.. obviously. But was the item misrepresented.. absolutely, especially considering you CANNOT run the wheel without the module.

Everyone coming in here and giving legitimacy to this seller is effectively diminishing the OP's chance of refund and the same time encouraging this bullshit to happen to themselves.

If what we have all read here is an accurate representation of the events and communication, then buyer beware indeed. I'd like to think that the community on these boards is better than that, but I am constantly reminded by seller and some members behavior, we aren't.
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #97
DKM3
United_States
Rep

Woooo USM3 and ///M3THOD

I ran through a contracts analysis on this one fully on a previous page. At law and at equity there are some legitimate issues. Especially when you have a seller that gives the following "Here's pics of everything i have to go with the wheel. Im not aware of anything else necessary for install." Which is a complete opinion.

This all comes down to communication and not making it a witch hunt but rather re-establishing a line of communication.

Do I think starting a threat like this or the title of it helps, no. Both parties in this transaction have been mistaken in their assumptions of what they were getting and one might have actually assumed the risk and basically nullifying any contract or proving that there is one they had between them. There is no implied right to a working product unless there is a contract or better yet there is a contract and a merchant with an implied warranty of merchanibility.

This is beyond the point though and I agree with you. A community of members are not supposed to eat each other. Maybe the guy is a scared kid from this thread, or a scammer, I don't know yet.

All we can hope for is a re-establishment of communication between them which I have serious doubts due to the attitude of the opening thread.

Last edited by DKM3; 07-25-2013 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #98
nujabes24
Forever Rest In Beats
Rep
Drives: 2014 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post
This thread is a joke.

+1
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #99
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

the way I see it is, if a crime has actually been committed, you have his plate number, I would just file a police report, and tell them that it'll likely be easy to catch the guy. Police show up at his door...he's likely no real criminal just some kid who did a one time scam, so he's probably still in the city, issue resolved.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #100
DKM3
United_States
Rep

Mdosu,

That's one solution. The likelihood of that occurring quickly is low and the police would write this off probably as a civil matter.

I'm not going to try to go on a witch hunt here because both parties were mistaken. I hope they start communications again but that feels rather unlikely.

In the end as a last ditch effort the police report route may bare fruit.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #101
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3
Mdosu,

That's one solution. The likelihood of that occurring quickly is low and the police would write this off probably as a civil matter.

I'm not going to try to go on a witch hunt here because both parties were mistaken. I hope they start communications again but that feels rather unlikely.

In the end as a last ditch effort the police report route may bare fruit.
There's absolutely zero chance that the police would get involved...

Hope this is just a misunderstanding, and op and seller can reconnect.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #102
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsal View Post

every locality is different. If they're sure an actual crime has been committed they'll help you out.

If they think it's a civil disagreement, it depends on how busy they are, but they usually will pay someone a visit with the other guy too, and play mediator, make sure no one is assaulting anyone, and then leave to let the parties sort it out.

don't ask me how I know...

Like DKM3, I think it's the nuclear option too, but sometimes, people need to be scared straight, and at this point MMMEEEZZ is just a little punk, and not yet a criminal.

Last edited by mdosu; 07-25-2013 at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #103
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
don't ask me how I know...
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #104
DKM3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #105
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:

I don't think the seller wants to reconnect.
Now that the cat is out of the bag, He knows that it'll be hard to find another forum member willing to buy a product that doesnt work.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #106
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3 View Post
Woooo USM3 and ///M3THOD

I ran through a contracts analysis on this one fully on a previous page. At law and at equity there are some legitimate issues. Especially when you have a seller that gives the following "Here's pics of everything i have to go with the wheel. Im not aware of anything else necessary for install." Which is a complete opinion.

This all comes down to communication and not making it a witch hunt but rather re-establishing a line of communication.

Do I think starting a threat like this or the title of it helps, no. Both parties in this transaction have been mistaken in their assumptions of what they were getting and one might have actually assumed the risk and basically nullifying any contract or proving that there is one they had between them. There is no implied right to a working product unless there is a contract or better yet there is a contract and a merchant with an implied warranty of merchanibility.

This is beyond the point though and I agree with you. A community of members are not supposed to eat each other. Maybe the guy is a scared kid from this thread, or a scammer, I don't know yet.

All we can hope for is a re-establishment of communication between them which I have serious doubts due to the attitude of the opening thread.
I'm inclined to agree with your logic on all points.. but lets cut the crap and lay this out as it went down.

- Seller posts pictures of item saying you get what's pictured.

- The majority of people who purchase from the marketplace don't pull the parts breakdown diagram of what's included in the OEM piece as new.

- Seller says he's not aware of anything else needed for install.

- Seller tells buyer everything needed for install is included.

- Buyer makes purchase and comes to realize since components cannot be purchased independently, whole purchase is worthless since its missing major components.

- Buyer tries to recover refund to have all communication cut off.

I see this as a gross misrepresentation of an item, but the one lifeline the seller has is that he posted an image and left it up to the buyer to do his due diligence.

This is either the work of a moron, or someone crafty, who realizes that when the buyer inevitably comes back unable to run the steering wheel, now has a way to refuse the refund.. "Hey I posted pictures of what you were getting, sorry if I was wrong in advertising it as ready to install, you should have looked it up bro"...

I believe the above to be true in this case, especially considering you CANNOT run the wheel without every single component and you CANNOT buy the components individually.

This guy ripped him off, done deal. All other suggested scenarios just give credence to his innocence.

Oh.. and also.. now all communication is just abruptly cut off when a problem arises. Sounds like the work of a philanthropic soul.

Last edited by ///M3THOD; 07-25-2013 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #107
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Can't you just use the parts from your stock steering wheel to substitute them into the new one? Or are they completely different?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #108
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom
Can't you just use the parts from your stock steering wheel to substitute them into the new one? Or are they completely different?
Most of the parts are different which is why it comes with all that in the first place.

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #109
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
that missing module is probably a control unit that is able to transcribe the data from the car's computer to the wheel's display unit or saving settings from the wheel, etc (just my wild guess here)
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #110
beemerdude5150
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 Loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujabes24 View Post
+1
++++++++2

Exactly. Judge judy here I come!
Appreciate 0