E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 328/335 SOP's (production schedule) including xi models

Closed Thread

04-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #133
3aficionado
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: 02 M3/RRover Super

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
I couldn't imagine them introducing a sub par turbo to the generally turbo afraid US marketplace.
I agree. It would be a PR nightmare if the turbo is anything but trouble free. Any problems and American consumers will run away from BMW turbos and not look back. Since FI engines are BMWs future they have a lot riding on this new engine including the confidence it can instill in the American consumer about gasoline turbos from BMW. I wonder if this long coupe release has anything to do with making sure the turbo is flawless before it is rolled out.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 10:20 PM   #134
YYimports
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TitanSilver E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneel
This is probably redundant, but you guys have seen the video of the E92 on the international BMW site right? It's really nice. Also got my wallpapers.
The admins put the E92 video here for download too

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hp?t=91&page=3

Scroll all the way to bottom
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #135
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg
I know that GreginAz has been right so far and yes, the factories do close in August EXCEPT
I believe the one in Regensberg that builds the E92 will remain open. This is per E90Fleet.

This is probably why the E92 will be available all the way through July, August, September, October, etc.
whereas the E90, among other models, won't actually turn over its model year until September production time.
This is pretty much how its been for some time. During the months of June & July, the E90 will still be an '06 model.

On the other hand, when the 330Ci came out in April of 2000, it was the only car with the 3.0 liter engine
until September. There was a 'lag' time before other cars got that engine. How long that will be this time
is anybody's guess, but its either September or next year...not simultaneously with the E92.
There is a thread here on this forum that has ordering info on the E92 and puts retail cars on lots by Sept. Thus, production for the E92 is/or should be, before Sept. The ordering sheet has orders being taken in June/July, which makes sense sense it takes 6-8 weeks for delivery.a
And, since this is new car retooling has to take place during that same time period.

The question has been IF there is even a 335 sedan in the first place, and if there is why hasn't it been announced considering the
2006 E90 sedan has been out since early 2005.
The speculation of the 335 sedan remains that, speculation.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 02:38 PM   #136
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3aficionado
After reading Greg posting the same information over and over through several pages I don’t get why there is any confusion. I wrote it before on page one, post #20 of this thread and I will write this again, "I can attest from reading his (gregs) posts here and at the other forum that he has been spot on most of the time."

RPM, just choose to believe him or not believe him. Nobody is making you drink Greg’s Kool-aid. Its your choice and everyone here respects both of your opinions.

As for Greg getting rude... from my view Greg was very polite (writing things like 'I respectfully disagree') during the first dozen times he answered your questions just to have you tell him he is wrong. Reposting your position in some attempt to make him agree with you isn’t going to change anything.

Greg is just giving the best info he knows as of today and if you follow his postings in the past you will see he is right most of the time. He’s right so much I fear if he says the new 335 coupe will cost an arm and a leg I may have believe him. BTW, Greg do you have any info on the 335 and 328 coupe pricing?

RPM, if you want to believe your information then please do. Order your new model any month you like and let us know how it works out. You can always post back here at the end of the year and rub Greg’s nose in it if his info is wrong. But so far he’s shooting like 90% on his inside info. Like it or not he’s been extremely accurate.
I have no information of my own to believe. I am in the market to replace my E46 this May. There are postings made about a new model, and thus I pose the question of validity.
I offer counter information to ask and surmise why Greg is saying what he is saying and what his source is.
I haven't been on this forum for years or browse every thread to know if Greg has or does not have valid info. Thus, I can only ask and his answers were contradictory or I wouldn't have asked for clarity. Plus, some of his posts change words, isn't that interesting?
It happened on another thread where I answered one of his rude remarks towards me and a some time later the admin asks me to be nice. I apologize for my comments, look up Greg's and low and behold his posts wording has been changed to all nicey nice. Good work.

But, we should let this go. I want to know answers, I am not here to be right or be correct. It does me no good to go with my own opinion, when in fact it is my lack of BMWNA and dealer information
that brings me here to ask questions.
I simply don't want to make a decision based on internet speculation. I asked for clarity and instead got sucked in.
I will now step back from that and try to find more information here and elsewhere.

I called my dealer today and asked again about ordering a 2007 3 series and if a 335i is coming soon. The sales manager said, "No, there is not a 335i sedan, but there is a 335i coupe coming by this fall." What more can a potential customer do? I have a few more dealers to ask. This dealership has said "no" twice about a 2007 335i coming soon. There have been 2 other dealers I've asked face to face and they said no as well.
It has been suggested that I try and get the info as best as I can.
Well, short of stringing up the sales managers and vehicle ordering people, all I can do is ask.

As far as the "polite" thing, that's not how I was reading it, and I've seen words mysteriously change with no indication of the post being "edited".

But, let's just let it all go and get back to the normal bickering and chest thumping that goes on.
Can we all just get along?
I don't think so, but we can try.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #137
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90
The question has been IF there is even a 335 sedan in the first place, and if there is why hasn't it been announced considering the
2006 E90 sedan has been out since early 2005.
The speculation of the 335 sedan remains that, speculation.
Yes, but RPM90...BMW themselves have admitted to the fact that the bi-turbo engine will be replacing the 3.0 liter engine ACROSS THE BOARD, except this will occur only 1 or 2 models at a time.

It may not be in September, but come hell or high water there will eventually be a 335i Sedan (if that's what they call it).
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 03:02 PM   #138
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg
Yes, but RPM90...BMW themselves have admitted to the fact that the bi-turbo engine will be replacing the 3.0 liter engine ACROSS THE BOARD, except this will occur only 1 or 2 models at a time.

It may not be in September, but come hell or high water there will eventually be a 335i Sedan (if that's what they call it).
Let me clarify as I didn't work that correctly.
I questioned the coming of the 335i, but my comment then says "IF" then why has there been no official announcement as to when.
The question is when that will happen and if it's happening this Sept, why no official word yet?

Greg has alluded to a lot of things and his info has me confused.
Here's an example:
"Well, until I confirm it, I don't believe 07 E90 330 orders will be taken in June, 06 E90 orders, yes...normal 06 run ends in August and 07 E90 orders will be filled in September for 328/335 models."

So, no 07 sedan orders in June.
But, 328/335 order will be "filled" in Sept. implying that one has a 328/335 ordered. It's not a question of a couple of weeks.
He is saying that there WILL be a 335 being built this Sept., which is same time frame as the new coupes. BMWNA announced the new coupes and ordering info. for Sept deliver. So, why not the new sedans?

So, the argument here isn't whether or not a 335i/328i is coming.
If you read my initial posts they are questions that I hoped Greg's source could help with.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 03:07 PM   #139
RPM90
Major General
Rep

I went back over this thread to see where it all went "wrong".
Greg's posts have been changed, and his wording was changed and he wasn't being respectful at all.
That needs to be said and pointed out.
If you can't stand behind your words then why say them?

I can't say what happened, but this isn't the first thread where that's happened with him.

Greg, you asked me to email you and I did. I didn't get a response yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #140
3aficionado
Captain
Italy
Rep

Garage List
RPM, . My "view" of things came from reading the posts after the fact (as they are now) not as they were written. None of that is really important as its the answers you seek so we should all just move on.

To summarize Gregs info (and others from other forums) so far. ’06 e90 330/325 production will continue until August when they will retool for the ’07 328/335 e90. Up until August (or some time therein) ’06 325/330 orders will be taken. After that the ’07 328/335 orders will be taken. As the old model disappears from showrooms the new ones will start arriving (by November?). Someone please correct me if I have misinterpreted anything.

You asked why wouldn’t BMW announce a 335 sedan now since they announced a coupe. The coupe announcement has been a long time in waiting. It was expected by all. The e46 coupe is on its way out and almost all allotments are sold. There is very little damage this coupe announcement can make to the current e46 sales. Plus solid information was leaking onto the internet so they might as well announce now instead of this summer (or maybe they planned to announce now – who knows).

If they announced a 335 e90 sedan now the current sales would slump until the new model is released. The e90 is selling well so its in BMWs best interest to keep sedan plans quiet so the average consumer continues to buy. Note: Us forum users are not the average buyer as we are more informed. So, an official 328/335 sedan announcement would hurt current sales of the largest model line so that announcement will be a quiet one held for just before the switch.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 03:51 PM   #141
3aficionado
Captain
Italy
Rep

Garage List
I think all agree with you that nothing is official yet so nothing is set in stone. Anything can happen. Inside info can be wrong, BMW can change plans making all info irrelevant or things can go as planned. Your best bet is to read as many different peoples opinions and form your own. You will find over time that some people are extremely accurate and other people may get something right out of shear luck. But that comes with spending time on these boards. Keep on reading and posting
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 04:03 PM   #142
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90
I went back over this thread to see where it all went "wrong".
Greg's posts have been changed, and his wording was changed and he wasn't being respectful at all.
That needs to be said and pointed out.
If you can't stand behind your words then why say them?

I can't say what happened, but this isn't the first thread where that's happened with him.

Greg, you asked me to email you and I did. I didn't get a response yet.
Dude, you just keep proving what a total idiot you are...everybody here knows it so deal...I'm tired of responding to your low IQ rants.

I never changed my posts so I have no clue what you are alluding to?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 04:08 PM   #143
3aficionado
Captain
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Greg, I asked this in another thread but you may have some insight:
Since you are in AZ I was wondering if you desert people think the 335 will sell well in that market? I am just imagining the extreme heat will create heat soak for the turbo making it less efficient/powerful. I don’t know how much the cars performance will be effected but I imagine it will see some change during the summers.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2006, 04:13 PM   #144
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3aficionado
Greg, I asked this in another thread but you may have some insight:
Since you are in AZ I was wondering if you desert people think the 335 will sell well in that market? I am just imagining the extreme heat will create heat soak for the turbo making it less efficient/powerful. I don’t know how much the cars performance will be effected but I imagine it will see some change during the summers.
I think akhbhaat has posted on this somewhere else...it is a good point and I will check into it...thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2006, 12:09 PM   #145
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
Dude, you just keep proving what a total idiot you are...everybody here knows it so deal...I'm tired of responding to your low IQ rants.

I never changed my posts so I have no clue what you are alluding to?
Everyone?!
I'm sure you're right even though others have understood what I was writing.

Calling me a low IQ idiot is acceptable?
If you can't discuss things in a mature way, then don't.
I never insulted you until you got personal.
Actually, I don't believe I even did get personal other than to question your assertions, which wasn't a personal attack.

Jason (admin) has asked that we stop. I agree we should.
But, I wanted to comment after being called an idiot with a low IQ.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread