BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

11-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #23
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

OK, some of you guys are pssng me off.

The more I drive my C63, the more I realize I may never buy another BMW. It's my first MB. I've owned 2 BMWs.

BMW pioneered the sport sedan. But today's (E60, E90) BMWs are overly laden with technology just for the sake of technology. Because it looks good on paper. The M division does what they do, to be "first." But in the real world, you get to live with the consquences of that. You get an overly-complex car with strengths that are only realized when you're running beyond 8/10ths. That's not the world I drive in. BMW won't even CPO their new M cars. That shows you how much confidence they have in the longevity of their new technologies.

The more I drive my AMG, the more I realize my brief loyalty to M products was mis-guided. The more I realize what really defines "sport sedan" to me. Plus, I don't wear my cap backwards and my parents didn't buy me the car. I would definitely look odd behind the wheel of an M.
      11-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #24
Krueger///M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post

The more I drive my C63, the more I realize I may never buy another BMW. It's my first MB. I've owned 2 BMWs.

BMW pioneered the sport sedan. But today's (E60, E90) BMWs are overly laden with technology just for the sake of technology. Because it looks good on paper. The M division does what they do, to be "first." But in the real world, you get to live with the consquences of that. You get an overly-complex car with strengths that are only realized when you're running beyond 8/10ths. That's not the world I drive in. BMW won't even CPO their new M cars. That shows you how much confidence they have in the longevity of their new technologies.

The more I drive my AMG, the more I realize my brief loyalty to M products was mis-guided. The more I realize what really defines "sport sedan" to me. Plus, I don't wear my cap backwards and my parents didn't buy me the car. I would definitely look odd behind the wheel of an M.
I am thinking about getting a C63 to complement M3 because it is an awesome car, but, this was taken a little too far I think. The C63 is much, much heavier than the M3 so I don't know how it is overly complex compared to the C63, they both have nav, suspension settings, etc. That comment is bold is odd to be posting on an M3 board BTW.

Additionally, BMW is now CPOing the E60 M5s.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #25
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

Quote:

If I spent more time hauling kids or going grocery shopping, I'd want an AMG too.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #26
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger///M3 View Post
I am thinking about getting a C63 to complement M3 because it is an awesome car, but, this was taken a little too far I think. The C63 is much, much heavier than the M3 so I don't know how it is overly complex compared to the C63, they both have nav, suspension settings, etc. That comment is bold is odd to be posting on an M3 board BTW.

Additionally, BMW is now CPOing the E60 M5s.

Someone has to defend the C63 against the "poor handling/poor steering" type of comments. It's simply not true. By complex I mean the M3's electronically adjustable steering feel, throttle response and suspension comfort. The C63 has a nav and some toys, but you can't electronically adjust the driving experience. The C63 is about 300 lbs heavier than the M3 but it hides its weight remarkably well on the track. The track reviews don't do the car justice and small negative comments seem to get blown out of proportion. It's very balanced and easy to drive fast -- even in turns. It corners very flat and with little drama. It's just a lot better car than some M fanboys want to believe.

I think a C63 would be a fun addition to your garage with the M3! They are truly different cars but serve the same type of purpose. German, V8, well-built, with an edge.

BTW, that's very cool they are CPOing M5s. Should help the value and certainly revives my interest in taking a risk on one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
If I spent more time hauling kids or going grocery shopping, I'd want an AMG too.
Well I don't have kids but I hear they love fast cars with torque that throws their heads back! So yeah, kids do dig AMGs... i.e. "do it again Daddy!" when you race Porsches and dust them with your fat German slushbox. (comment based on a true story) As far as grocery-getting... if I do take "the benz" to the market, I am always proud when I walk up to it in the parking lot. I'm sure you feel the same way about your ///M.
      11-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #27
Heat00
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

wow, why so much bashing of the M vs the C63?

really, is the exhaust note that important. there are many real life videos of the M leaving the C63 behind in a straight line, period. a good driver with a 6 sp will leave the C63 and lets not mention the as it wil guzzle. the c63 will have to stop for gas and then its no race. in the handling department, its not even close.

so to sum it up, they are almost equal in speed and the M is better handling... sounds like the M wins to me.

just had to put in my .02 worth as this is the M forum isnt it??

you guys have fun in your gas guzzling pig, C63 lol

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #28
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: hot wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
wow, why so much bashing of the M vs the C63?

really, is the exhaust note that important. there are many real life videos of the M leaving the C63 behind in a straight line, period. a good driver with a 6 sp will leave the C63 and lets not mention the as it wil guzzle. the c63 will have to stop for gas and then its no race. in the handling department, its not even close.

so to sum it up, they are almost equal in speed and the M is better handling... sounds like the M wins to me.

just had to put in my .02 worth as this is the M forum isnt it??

you guys have fun in your gas guzzling pig, C63 lol
The C63 is faster

the M handles better

Its that simple.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #29
noxredna
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 M3, 1M, F10 M5

I thought about buying the C63 as well. I pulled the trigger on my M3 coupe last month.
Sorry but I don't think I want to see myself in a C class.. somehow the image is still poor.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #30
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: hot wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
I thought about buying the C63 as well. I pulled the trigger on my M3 coupe last month.
Sorry but I don't think I want to see myself in a C class.. somehow the image is still poor.
IMO the bad thing about the C is its interior. is almost spartan compared to a the M3 or S5.

common merc, you can do better
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 07:22 AM   #31
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Wow, so many M3 haters

Does anyone realize gas is not going to be getting cheaper and a 6.3 l engine is foolish.

Why not get a hemi p/u truck.

The M3 is truly a classic car that will maintain value and will always be a classic.

The Merc will get chucked on another used car lot in a couple years and there will be another one with a big engine and people will buy it because the exhaust sounds better.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 07:56 AM   #32
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

I have a E92 M3 and my father has a C63. I find very little to compare these to cars to each other aside from price. In my opinion these are two totally different cars. Both are great for different reasons. The M3 is a great sports car, when it's time to whip around some turns or go to the track it's the best choice. The C63 is more of a cruising around town or highway car, a really fast one. I do notice my M3 feels much slower when there is four people in it opposed to just the driver. I haven't driven the C63 with four people yet, but imagine the huge amount of torque will overcome the added weight. It's not surprising to me to find people that so split on which car they like better since both are so different. Not just the styling, power, or handling of each, but both companies carry a different image. Both cars have their advantages and disadvantages the best one really depends on which one fits your preferences best. For any of you who haven't driven a C63 I recommend you try one, it's a great car. But for me I'm happy with my ///M it fits me better. After driving both I really believe the only thing these cars share in common is price. Aside from that there's no real comparison.
      11-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #33
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

The 4.0M engine is a high tech masterpiece. The 6.2V8 just a big engine* with low end torque, also nice indeed.

I'd choose the C63 for the quartermile dragraces(which I don't like at all!)
I chose the M3 for trackdays and a very good chassis + very good engine makes it the better car in 9/10 car tests.

But I like the C63's looks better, I have to admit. And if you want low end grunt:C63. No discussion.

Still I chose the M3 because of it's great chassis/engine/lsd setup and manual gearbox.

* BMW should have put the 760i 445BHP V12 engine in the E90, 360i M, the real C63 competitor, but no, M came up with a smaller high revving thingy, and I like it...a lot.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #34
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Wow, so many M3 haters

Does anyone realize gas is not going to be getting cheaper and a 6.3 l engine is foolish.

The M3 is truly a classic car that will maintain value and will always be a classic.

The Merc will get chucked on another used car lot in a couple years and there will be another one with a big engine and people will buy it because the exhaust sounds better.
It's hard to somehow penetrate a level of ignorance this massive, but let me try to at least address car guys out there, as opposed to BMW Kool Aid drinkers.

First of all, let me state that the following represents my own personal prejudices, but you should know that I personally don't give a damn about any particular manufacturer. I'm just as hot about the new Genesis as I am about the 1 series and the '09 WRX, plus of course the CTS-V, the GL450, and others.

Now for my general prejudices:

BMW does the ride/handling compromise better than anybody else, and they also make the best back-road bandits. By that I mean that BMW does steering (and above all, suspension) well enough so that the driver can approach the car's limits with a great deal of confidence under reasonable driving conditions, regardless of road condition. Mid-corner bumps don't upset the chassis, and there's just enough understeer so the driver retains confidence at a significant percentage of the car's limits. A pro driver in a Vette will be able to walk away from a pro driver in an M3 over nearly any type of road, but for mere mortals like us, an M3 is a Serious Machine indeed over any sort of typical less-than-perfect back road, and the Vette driver may be left behind.

What Mercedes does better than anyone else is to give the driver a sense of safety and confidence, and the worse the driving conditions, the better the car shines. First of all, driving a Mercedes, you get a feeling that if you got in an accident, it's just gonna be too damned bad for whatever you hit, whether that be a Kia Rio, a bridge abutment or the Rockies.

Furthermore, if you need to get somewhere in a hurry over unfamiliar twisty roads on a stormy night, a Mercedes is what you want. You get a sense that the car will never, ever put a wheel wrong. That steering, which feels a little less lively than a BMW, becomes the perfect tool under those adverse conditions. Where a BMW may feel just a bit twitchy, the Merc just smoothly transitions to whatever foot of road you're aiming at.

In this venue, where Mercedes shines may be a good deal less important than where BMW shines, but for actual car people who won't bother with Kool Aid for anyone, they both shine.

Bruce
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 09:07 AM   #35
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

They're both good cars. The torque of the 6.2L engine is impressive but the M3 makes almost as much _power_, it just does it in a different way. There are advantages to each. I think it comes down to personal preference. It seems to me that most would want the C63 because everyone likes that strong, "torquey" surge of power. I'd rather have a linear, no-fuss build up of power like the M3 though. In day to day driving they both have more than enough power but I'm no power whore. I just enjoy driving a car that does what you want it to effortlessly and immediately. The M3 does this, and I'm sure the C63 would satisfy also (haven't driven a C63 though). There's also the Caddy CTS-V and Lexus IS-F which are both similar cars. Decisions, decisions.
      11-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #36
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Ladies and Gentlemen I would like to first introduce myself to everyone on M3post.com. I have been “stalking” this forum for almost 2 years looking at the original spy photos of the E92 M3 up until its official release last year. The reason I still come to view this forum today it is a great source in my own personal opinion for viewing the thoughts of fellow car enthusiast. I have to admit without a doubt this forum is much more active then any Mercedes forum I have came across ever. The Administrators of this site truly should be congratulated. Now after reading this thread I decided to finally chime in and give my story on why I went with a C63 AMG. I have been fortunate through my college years to be able to afford cars that the majority of young guys my age couldn’t. I must admit my parents helped with the insurance and helped with the down payment until I finally entered my professional career. My previous cars have been a 03 X5 4.6is (college) with some mods, and a 04 E46 M3 (after college). I always enjoyed BMW’s specifically the performance oriented models as I felt they offered superior quality and characteristics that were unmatched by most manufactures. Back in 2006 I left a deposit on a E92 M3 at a local dealer in Northern NJ. As time passed and the car was finally released I never got a call from my dealer even though I was #5 on there list for an allocation slot. Eventually I had to go to the dealer myself and asked what the situation was with the new M3. Its just my personal belief I felt the dealer was not giving me the right respect when it came to this situation. I never got a call, email or a letter in the mail about my status. Maybe it had something to do with me being an early 20s professional? Anyways it just left a bad taste in my mouth. Long story short. I wanted to lease the car, and the rates were terrible as well as I would be locked into the rates of the month the car would be delivered with no guarantees. Not to mention the GM of the dealership admitted to me they were marking up the money factor. Fair enough, I know it’s a business and the dealers have a right to make a profit so I just got my deposit back and then began to explore other options. Unfortunately I never grew up in a family who had a manual transmission car. Also, when factoring in my commute and where I am located in the state with all the traffic I had no desire to learn to work a clutch. My old M3 was SMG and I have to tell you what a difference it is compared to an automatic. If you’re an enthusiast you will appreciate the technology and wonder how much better the new M-DCT is. Alright, so RS4 was out. IS-F I rather not comment on. I wound up taking a look at the C63 AMG. Bottom line. I felt this car fit my needs better. I don’t track my car, and the financials lined up with my budget. I understand that this is a M3 forum but I can’t understand why some people are so defensive when it comes to this comparison. I respect the new M3. Beautiful car, and its certainly has its fan base. I never had chance to drive a new one but I can only imagine that I would be impressed with it. Still, how can people bash a car they never sat, driven in; let alone seen one in real life? There are a couple reasons why I went with the C63. Mid-Range power, exhaust note, mod friendly detuned engine, and most importantly exclusive. It’s just my opinion, but to me there is something nice about having a car that not many people have. I seen only one other C63 on the road to the 12 M3 I seen here in Northern NJ. I have had numerous people stair, give me thumbs up on the road. I even had a few people try talking to me while driving just to ask how I liked the car. Bottom line people should be proud of there purchase and realize the only people they need appease is the person in the mirror. If anyone is seriously “on the fence” on what car they should buy or lease between the M3 and C63 I offer this simple advice. Go look and test drive both cars with an open mind. In the end you’re the one paying for the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #37
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

MikeG,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around even though you're part of the opposition with that "other" car. j/k

I can certainly understand your decision. The two cars seem to be very much the same yet there are clear differences in each that set them apart and drives a buyer to one or the other. (I still think the M3 gives the best compromises but that's my preference; not bashing.) I'm glad you are enjoying ride.

I wouldn't let one bad dealer experience drive me away from the brand. There are other (good) BMW dealers out there. Unlike Nissan.

Cheers.
      11-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #38
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

welcome Mike.

Congrats on the C63....great car. Good post too.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #39
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
MikeG,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around even though you're part of the opposition with that "other" car. j/k

I can certainly understand your decision. The two cars seem to be very much the same yet there are clear differences in each that set them apart and drives a buyer to one or the other. (I still think the M3 gives the best compromises but that's my preference; not bashing.) I'm glad you are enjoying ride.

I wouldn't let one bad dealer experience drive me away from the brand. There are other (good) BMW dealers out there. Unlike Nissan.

Cheers.
I appreciate the warm welcome from everyone. I believe the bad impression I got from my original BMW dealer didn’t turn me off from the brand, it just gave me an opportunity to open my mind to the other manufactures. In essence they lost a sale.

I wanted to get peoples’ opinion about the following topic. I read all the posts about a C63 AMG Vs. M3 DCT in a rolling start is pretty much a “driver’s race” as to who wins. However considering there are a couple tuners out there (MHP, Kleemann, Renntech, Evosport) who are providing ECU upgrades for the C63 which are producing between 507-525HP at the fly wheel; what type of mods does everyone think an M3 DCT and 6MT will need, or hp rating to be at the level it could keep up or possibly beat a ECU only tuned C63AMG? Again I am talking rolling start, as I admit the M3 is the better handling car when it comes to the track.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #40
eeeboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08M3 Space Gray DCT

I absolutely LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my 08 M3..will I test drive a C63? HELLLL NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought my 2001 Bmw 325Ci without a test drive...3 years later I drove a 330Ci...
deep down in the back of my spine I will never forget that extra 30lbs of torque the 330ci had...that being said, Do I really want to know what an extra 148 lbs of torque feels like???? vs my M3???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Freakin way.....Just my thoughts..
Oh yeah, am I the only one who is sick and tired of hearing "OH YEAH BUT THE M3 AT THE TRACK"....duh
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #41
M3 Nimz
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 IB e92 M3

I wouldve gone with the merc if it came in a 6spd. Since it didnt, the choice was easy.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #42
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:

Wow, stereotype much? I'm sure there are plenty of adults who wear their hats backwards. As far as 8/10s for the fun, I could argue it simply helps keep you within safety's grasp while running erands. If the car feels slow while going fast, that tells me that its potential for higher speeds is much greater. I don't want my car to feel like I'm going 100 when I'm only doing 30. I don't need those kind of nerve-wracking circumstances.

Quote:
Someone has to defend the C63 against the "poor handling/poor steering" type of comments. It's simply not true. By complex I mean the M3's electronically adjustable steering feel, throttle response and suspension comfort. The C63 has a nav and some toys, but you can't electronically adjust the driving experience. The C63 is about 300 lbs heavier than the M3 but it hides its weight remarkably well on the track. The track reviews don't do the car justice and small negative comments seem to get blown out of proportion. It's very balanced and easy to drive fast -- even in turns. It corners very flat and with little drama. It's just a lot better car than some M fanboys want to believe.

I think a C63 would be a fun addition to your garage with the M3! They are truly different cars but serve the same type of purpose. German, V8, well-built, with an edge.

BTW, that's very cool they are CPOing M5s. Should help the value and certainly revives my interest in taking a risk on one.

Well I don't have kids but I hear they love fast cars with torque that throws their heads back! So yeah, kids do dig AMGs... i.e. "do it again Daddy!" when you race Porsches and dust them with your fat German slushbox. (comment based on a true story) As far as grocery-getting... if I do take "the benz" to the market, I am always proud when I walk up to it in the parking lot. I'm sure you feel the same way about your ///M.
No, someone doesn't always have to come to the rescue of the C63. You just choose to. Also, any car can handle well when driven below 8/10ths as you put it. All of the driving samples and examples you've seen at the track of the C63 is where the driver is pushing the car. At the limits, the C63 will bite your head off and shake your baby before it gives you a decent line on a track. You are the first person to ever describe the car as balanced. Not saying it isn't a bad car, but it isn't the percision tool the M3 is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Wow, so many M3 haters

Gas has come down significantly in the last few weeks. Which is great for both cars. Shell 93 octane sells for $2.39 here in DFW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
It's hard to somehow penetrate a level of ignorance this massive, but let me try to at least address car guys out there, as opposed to BMW Kool Aid drinkers.

First of all, let me state that the following represents my own personal prejudices, but you should know that I personally don't give a damn about any particular manufacturer. I'm just as hot about the new Genesis as I am about the 1 series and the '09 WRX, plus of course the CTS-V, the GL450, and others.

Now for my general prejudices:

BMW does the ride/handling compromise better than anybody else, and they also make the best back-road bandits. By that I mean that BMW does steering (and above all, suspension) well enough so that the driver can approach the car's limits with a great deal of confidence under reasonable driving conditions, regardless of road condition. Mid-corner bumps don't upset the chassis, and there's just enough understeer so the driver retains confidence at a significant percentage of the car's limits. A pro driver in a Vette will be able to walk away from a pro driver in an M3 over nearly any type of road, but for mere mortals like us, an M3 is a Serious Machine indeed over any sort of typical less-than-perfect back road, and the Vette driver may be left behind.

What Mercedes does better than anyone else is to give the driver a sense of safety and confidence, and the worse the driving conditions, the better the car shines. First of all, driving a Mercedes, you get a feeling that if you got in an accident, it's just gonna be too damned bad for whatever you hit, whether that be a Kia Rio, a bridge abutment or the Rockies.

Furthermore, if you need to get somewhere in a hurry over unfamiliar twisty roads on a stormy night, a Mercedes is what you want. You get a sense that the car will never, ever put a wheel wrong. That steering, which feels a little less lively than a BMW, becomes the perfect tool under those adverse conditions. Where a BMW may feel just a bit twitchy, the Merc just smoothly transitions to whatever foot of road you're aiming at.

In this venue, where Mercedes shines may be a good deal less important than where BMW shines, but for actual car people who won't bother with Kool Aid for anyone, they both shine.

Bruce
From my own personal experience test driving the C63, the car was not the portrayal of grace and elegance you stereotypically associate MB as being. Most magezine articles also agree with this point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen I would like to first introduce myself to everyone on M3post.com. I have been “stalking” this forum for almost 2 years looking at the original spy photos of the E92 M3 up until its official release last year. The reason I still come to view this forum today it is a great source in my own personal opinion for viewing the thoughts of fellow car enthusiast. I have to admit without a doubt this forum is much more active then any Mercedes forum I have came across ever. The Administrators of this site truly should be congratulated. Now after reading this thread I decided to finally chime in and give my story on why I went with a C63 AMG. I have been fortunate through my college years to be able to afford cars that the majority of young guys my age couldn’t. I must admit my parents helped with the insurance and helped with the down payment until I finally entered my professional career. My previous cars have been a 03 X5 4.6is (college) with some mods, and a 04 E46 M3 (after college). I always enjoyed BMW’s specifically the performance oriented models as I felt they offered superior quality and characteristics that were unmatched by most manufactures. Back in 2006 I left a deposit on a E92 M3 at a local dealer in Northern NJ. As time passed and the car was finally released I never got a call from my dealer even though I was #5 on there list for an allocation slot. Eventually I had to go to the dealer myself and asked what the situation was with the new M3. Its just my personal belief I felt the dealer was not giving me the right respect when it came to this situation. I never got a call, email or a letter in the mail about my status. Maybe it had something to do with me being an early 20s professional? Anyways it just left a bad taste in my mouth. Long story short. I wanted to lease the car, and the rates were terrible as well as I would be locked into the rates of the month the car would be delivered with no guarantees. Not to mention the GM of the dealership admitted to me they were marking up the money factor. Fair enough, I know it’s a business and the dealers have a right to make a profit so I just got my deposit back and then began to explore other options. Unfortunately I never grew up in a family who had a manual transmission car. Also, when factoring in my commute and where I am located in the state with all the traffic I had no desire to learn to work a clutch. My old M3 was SMG and I have to tell you what a difference it is compared to an automatic. If you’re an enthusiast you will appreciate the technology and wonder how much better the new M-DCT is. Alright, so RS4 was out. IS-F I rather not comment on. I wound up taking a look at the C63 AMG. Bottom line. I felt this car fit my needs better. I don’t track my car, and the financials lined up with my budget. I understand that this is a M3 forum but I can’t understand why some people are so defensive when it comes to this comparison. I respect the new M3. Beautiful car, and its certainly has its fan base. I never had chance to drive a new one but I can only imagine that I would be impressed with it. Still, how can people bash a car they never sat, driven in; let alone seen one in real life? There are a couple reasons why I went with the C63. Mid-Range power, exhaust note, mod friendly detuned engine, and most importantly exclusive. It’s just my opinion, but to me there is something nice about having a car that not many people have. I seen only one other C63 on the road to the 12 M3 I seen here in Northern NJ. I have had numerous people stair, give me thumbs up on the road. I even had a few people try talking to me while driving just to ask how I liked the car. Bottom line people should be proud of there purchase and realize the only people they need appease is the person in the mirror. If anyone is seriously “on the fence” on what car they should buy or lease between the M3 and C63 I offer this simple advice. Go look and test drive both cars with an open mind. In the end you’re the one paying for the car.
Wow, that was a wall of text. Welcome to the forums though. We are glad to have you. Can I request that you consider the enter key from time to time in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeboy View Post
I absolutely LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my 08 M3..will I test drive a C63? HELLLL NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought my 2001 Bmw 325Ci without a test drive...3 years later I drove a 330Ci...
deep down in the back of my spine I will never forget that extra 30lbs of torque the 330ci had...that being said, Do I really want to know what an extra 148 lbs of torque feels like???? vs my M3???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Freakin way.....Just my thoughts..
Oh yeah, am I the only one who is sick and tired of hearing "OH YEAH BUT THE M3 AT THE TRACK"....duh
No, and I'm definately dumber having read this post.
      11-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #43
Heat00
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

I have to admit, today on the highway a guy blew by me at about 100 and I look up to see the back of a c63 and he must been on the gas, hard and the sound was truly amazing... Naturally, even though in traffic, I dropped it to 3rd to catch up and right when I got behind him, he put the hammer down and the sound again was sick!!!
I had not seen or driven one until this encounter today, and although I love my M and probably would have still made the same choice, if I heard that thing screaming it would have made me thought about it.....
then again, we only have a 4.0 vs their 6.2... the speed is not that much different for the difference in displacement and I'm sure the M is a better handling/feel car, not to mention we get almost double the gas mileage lol...

but when I heard this C63 drive by me today I was in shock...

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #44
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
MikeG,

Cheers.
I had a similar experience with a bad dealer. I had a deposit with them for a long time so they were guaranteed a sale at full price to me. Yet they gave me such an attitude, I'm guessing because I was only 26 at the time I put my down payment in. They didn't take me seriously and acted like who is this kid trying to buy an expensive car. So I took my money back and found a dealer that was extremely nice to me and treated me with respect. They didn't care how old I was, they were just interested in being professional and making a sale. I had a great experience with them and there's no question in my mind I will buy my next BMW through them.

Unfortunately they are a hour drive away from my, and my local dealer is less than five minutes so I go to the local one for service. If you're familiar with my other posts you'd know their incompetence. Gave them a 1 on the customer service survey today followed by a long complaint.