BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

07-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #23
Ramphaus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 Melbourne Red/Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by E394KEN View Post
I dont think I've ever seen anyone post any dislike for Melbourne Red on this forum. Great car nonentheless.
1) it was a rhetorical segway to the pics...

2) since you mentioned it, you're wrong:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=melbourne+red
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...+melbourne+red

quote:
It seems as though it was a poor choice of red on BMW's part.

People say it's rarely a *bright* red and that is often dull under most lighting conditions. However, it is not a subtle or understated red. It seems to be in-between those 2 ends of the spectrum, and so it seems unimpressive in all conditions.

Finally, the M3, even in previous iterations, is not a car commonly seen in red. People who buy the M3 usually like their ultra-performance coupe slightly understated when compared to a Porsche or Corvette. As such, the typical M3 buyer does not want a red coupe.

quote:
I would concur. Red just doesn't seem like a color for a German car for me, don't know why.

quote:
It doesn't even look as good as Crimson from the non-M 3 series. Its no Imola, that's for sure.

quote:
My test drive was in a car this colour and IMHO it's a s**t colour. Sorry if this is offensive to those who have ordered this colour / have this colour.

quote:
I agree, it should be like Porsche Guards Red or Ferrari Red and left alone for all of eternity. But they will conclude from their marketing studies that people do not want red M3s, when the reality is people do not want an M3 in BMW's red.

quote:
I initially ordered MR after seeing those first drive pics from Spain...

Changed to AW shortly after, very glad I did so. I am yet to see it in the flesh but I have a good photo with an MR M3 parked next to a Red GT3 and R8, M3s red is very dull in comparison.

quote:
should change the name to fugly red
------------------

There are more, but the point wasn't to start an argument with those that don't like it, it was to show-off the pictures. That I like it is all that matters.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #24
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

I like it! But I think it'd look better in Imola Red.
Appreciate 0