BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

EXXEL Distributions

08-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Got GTS DCT Flash & EURO MDM done locally in the GTA.

After reading all the threads about GTS DCT software and Euro MDM I was curious to try it out but held back because all the programmers are in the US and do it remotely by sending a cable, which I was planning to do but ended up finding a shop locally in the GTA. They aren't a sponsor on here, so I won't mention their name, pm me if you want their contact info. Initials are SF and run by Mike and Jay, some may know them.

My thoughts on it:

GTS DCT Flash:
I wouldn't say that it completely changes the car like some rave on about. But it does have some noticeable changes. Now the car defaults to D2 and remembers your S mode, but S mode does require another click to the right, I prefer this as I usually start my drive in D and switch to S later. Engaging reverse is quicker, I felt that. The auto downshifting into second when slowing down to almost a stop then accelerating has smoothed out by a noticeable amount. In terms of the speed of the shifts, I'm not a speed demon so this wasn't the reason I wanted it. But it does feel quicker in S5, you don't feel any clutch slip just a bit more kick. I haven't tried S6 yet, I don't really feel a need to on the street, but i'm sure it's more aggressive.

Euro MDM:
I honestly haven't tested this out as much as I would like but on initial thoughts I don't see the DSC light flash as much as it used to upon hard acceleration and hard corner exist. I need to try more of a drift to see if it allows more slip angle.

I got some other coding (Window closing, corner delete, idrive disclaimer) and maintenance done while the car was in the shop so I don't have a break down on pricing, but it's less and more convenient (atleast for me) than having it done remotely, you'd need to check with them.

Disclaimer: No affiliation with the shop, other than taking my cars their for service. I wasn't paid to post this, but thought others in the GTA might be looking for a local solution.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
After reading all the threads about GTS DCT software and Euro MDM I was curious to try it out but held back because all the programmers are in the US and do it remotely by sending a cable, which I was planning to do but ended up finding a shop locally in the GTA. They aren't a sponsor on here, so I won't mention their name, pm me if you want their contact info. Initials are SF and run by Mike and Jay, some may know them.

My thoughts on it:

GTS DCT Flash:
I wouldn't say that it completely changes the car like some rave on about. But it does have some noticeable changes. Now the car defaults to D2 and remembers your S mode, but S mode does require another click to the right, I prefer this as I usually start my drive in D and switch to S later. Engaging reverse is quicker, I felt that. The auto downshifting into second when slowing down to almost a stop then accelerating has smoothed out by a noticeable amount. In terms of the speed of the shifts, I'm not a speed demon so this wasn't the reason I wanted it. But it does feel quicker in S5, you don't feel any clutch slip just a bit more kick. I haven't tried S6 yet, I don't really feel a need to on the street, but i'm sure it's more aggressive.

Euro MDM:
I honestly haven't tested this out as much as I would like but on initial thoughts I don't see the DSC light flash as much as it used to upon hard acceleration and hard corner exist. I need to try more of a drift to see if it allows more slip angle.

I got some other coding (Window closing, corner delete, idrive disclaimer) and maintenance done while the car was in the shop so I don't have a break down on pricing, but it's less and more convenient (atleast for me) than having it done remotely, you'd need to check with them.

Disclaimer: No affiliation with the shop, other than taking my cars their for service. I wasn't paid to post this, but thought others in the GTA might be looking for a local solution.
How much is DCT flash? Please PM shop name as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

http://www.***********.com/showthrea...tware&p=485842
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Thanks, your review was one of the reasons I wanted to try this.
Appreciate 0