BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
johnsama86
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19" G05 40i

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Bodyshop recommendation please

two days ago my 13" M5 had an accident

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836130

I left my car at Mister John auto collision to get my car repaired they will begin the work Mon. or Tue.

However, a lot of people are talking about European Auto when it comes to the repair.

Mister John auto collision is on the business for 35 years and I found their facility and people were very professional, even looked smart lol. Bentlys Lambos seems getting repaired there but it is not certified by BMW Canada

on the other hand European Auto is BMW certified

Does this "certified" means a lot?

http://www.autobodynews.com/news/ind...ponent&print=1

if the repair centre is eligible to repair lambos and bentlys and having high recommendations within their field(dealers, towers ,collision reporting centre officers)they would have very similar equipments

Has anyone done their car repaired at Mister John?

BTW repair cost is not on me at all

Last edited by johnsama86; 05-04-2013 at 10:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow M3

Garage List
Certified doesn't necessarily mean better.

At the end of the day, it's always down to the individual technician and/or painter who is doing the work on your vehicle. I can't speak for Toronto, but going for a shop with a strong reputation is nearly always better than going for something 'certified'.

In a previous car, different manufacturer, I went to a certified place and they did a horrendous job - took way too long, and the paint was littered with defects - so bad I actually got rid of the vehicle soon after.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
johnsama86
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigup View Post
Certified doesn't necessarily mean better.

At the end of the day, it's always down to the individual technician and/or painter who is doing the work on your vehicle. I can't speak for Toronto, but going for a shop with a strong reputation is nearly always better than going for something 'certified'.

In a previous car, different manufacturer, I went to a certified place and they did a horrendous job - took way too long, and the paint was littered with defects - so bad I actually got rid of the vehicle soon after.
I had same thought in my mind with "it's always down to the individual technician and/or painter who is doing the work on your vehicle" but people in the M5 board are surprised and amazed that im going to this bodyshop http://www.misterjohnauto.com/
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsama86 View Post
I had same thought in my mind with "it's always down to the individual technician and/or painter who is doing the work on your vehicle" but people in the M5 board are surprised and amazed that im going to this bodyshop http://www.misterjohnauto.com/
Perhaps ask to see some of their current work to inspect the quality. The best body shops will be uncluttered, have state of the art equipment, and are very professional - they also won't have a problem with you having a look around and viewing their work. Ask for 100% satisfaction before they start, and tell the manager that you will be scrutinizing it in detail once complete.

Personally, I'd rather go a place with lots of high-end experience than a volume collision shop (it's not like BMWs are rare cars! .. they roll them in and out as fast as a Toyota).
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
drchuck72
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

I heard very good things about Mister John's from MMMPWR. European Autobody is owned by The Remo Ferri Group (who owns Maranello BMW and Mississauga BMW) so that's probably why they are BMW Canada Approved.

I've heard they do very good work as well. They probably get most of the Ferraris that are unfortunate enough to require body work and as such, are probably pretty pricey compared to other shops but you gotta pay to play.

I wouldn't worry about taking the car to Mister John's. MMMPWR is very particular.
      05-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
tlaselva
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT

The owner of European Auto Body shop was my neighbor for 5 years.

Honestly, one of the most honest and nicest person I ever met.

His sons are both a chip off the old block. Not only are they good people, they're also BMW/Automotive enthusiasts themselves.

The fact alone that they exclusively repair Ferrari and Maserati's for Ferrari/Maserati of Ontario is an indication of the type of work they do.

I wouldn't take my car anywhere else if my car ever required bodywork.

Ask for Manuel, and have him show you the shop before you decide.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #7
johnsama86
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Thank you all I will post a review after the repair
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
johnsama86
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchuck72 View Post
I heard very good things about Mister John's from MMMPWR. European Autobody is owned by The Remo Ferri Group (who owns Maranello BMW and Mississauga BMW) so that's probably why they are BMW Canada Approved.

I've heard they do very good work as well. They probably get most of the Ferraris that are unfortunate enough to require body work and as such, are probably pretty pricey compared to other shops but you gotta pay to play.

I wouldn't worry about taking the car to Mister John's. MMMPWR is very particular.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #9
BYOB
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i RWD MT

Why don't you get BMW to fix it? :S
      05-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #10
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

yeah i think you're taking unnecessary risk by not taking the car to a BMW certified place. especially given that you may have to trade it back in at a BMW dealer at some point.

taking it to a non-BMW certified shop will impact your trade in value and will remove support for any cosmetic warranty issue.

i just had my car touched up in a few areas by Budd's BMW at no cost since i bought it there and wasn't happy with some -pre-purchase repairs that the previous owner did that Budd's didnt notice.

if your BMW / Merc / Audi is in warranty or if you intend to keep dealing with a particular dealer you should keep the repairs with them and their respective certified shops.

I would recommend Budd's Collision but i guess you've already made your choice.