BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

05-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #23
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
What's the list on that car new, $85k? Price seems way too low to be real.
It depends. I was looking at a late 2010 (in late 2011) with only 12k miles, fully loaded with DCT (sedan, not 'vert, but absolutely loaded). They had asked $59k, but were pretty easily talked down south of $50k.

There's always room to negotiate on a used car-wheel rash, bumper rash, scattered small dents, and in the case of the car I was looking at already two owners. Everything gives leverage to the buyer.

There may be a legitimate story behind this, but if the price seems too low, you will need to figure out why.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #24
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Aaa Car Corp in Saint Paul, MN is a private company categorized under Used Motor Vehicle Dealers. Our records show it was established in 2000 and incorporated in Minnesota. Register for free to see additional information such as annual revenue and employment figures.

Perhaps they are shady operators, but this seems to have been established a while if you can trust business search sites.

http://www.manta.com/c/mtm0f1v/aaa-car-corp
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #25
rdollie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 DCT Sedan

Hmmm....sure and they'll sell you an accident-free 2011 CTS-V (with the Recaros) for $31k: http://bestusedcars.us/2011_Cadillac..._151639878.veh

I'll believe it when cows fly...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #26
Bogie
Rep
Drives: E92 M3/C63

A 2011 x5 (3.5) with 18k is on special for $45k, while a 2011 cts-v with less miles (and a msrp 20k higher) is 31k?? They even had to put the Cts-v on special because no one wanted to pay the original astronomical asking price of $34k. Isn't it also a coincidence they usually are selling the most desireable colors (white M3, black cts-v) for these joker prices.

L-
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #27
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

'WHy a scam?...possible the dealer got it low and is look to flip it quicky As long as you check out the body work, mechanical and all the documentation checks out I would get on it

I refer you to this thread..some good info

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=675793&page=2
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #28
rdollie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 DCT Sedan

For giggles I just did a quick search of similar (2011, Recaros, under 15k miles) CTS-Vs at Autotrader and the average price is $61k....so if anybody is feeling adventurous about this $31k offer let us know

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
'WHy a scam?...possible the dealer got it low and is look to flip it quicky As long as you check out the body work, mechanical and all the documentation checks out I would get on it

I refer you to this thread..some good info

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=675793&page=2
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #29
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2023 X5M Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoze View Post
I'm not sure there is a law broken here to report - many times cars are brokered and sold through multiple operations. In the internet used car business, I am not sure "inventory" means anything anymore - that site appears to be associated with carsforsale.com which lists a ton of cars nationwide. The fact a picture is used to represent a model also may not break any rules - the buyer needs to be specific and ask if those are the pictures of the exact car being offered. I suspect this may be a case of a virtual dealer listing cars and when he gets a bite he trys to broker a sale. That great price may go up when interest is shown and he then negotiates with the operation that has the actual vehicle for a finders fee. It is the wild west in used car land and being suspicious is a a good thing.
I posted a car that he is "selling" which is actually for sale at a different dealer. I found a few others. He is stealing other people's advertisements from legit dealers and portraying them as his own. He has a credit application on his "site" which asks for your personal information for a dealership which doesn't exist on any map. I even called someone 1 block over to debunk this rumor for everyone and they said there is no dealer anywhere near there.

Last but not least that dealer is not licensed and nothing comes up with the BBB at all.

I'd want to report him to save anyone who has no clue... anyone know where? FBI website?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #30
Ares55
Registered
Rep
Drives: Cts-V

Angry It's a scam!

I saw the posting for the Cts-V and being an avid lover of the car I immediately wanted it. I already own two and in order to buy the one on their site I would have to take out a loan. I filled out the "application" on their page and contacted "Gerald Bell", the supposed owner there. He said I would hear back shortly about the loan. I called about 6 times and then he stopped answering my calls. Knowing I would get approved for a loan for such a small amount, I went to Wells Fargo and got a loan there instead to speed things up. My loan officer called "Gerald" and asked for a buyer/seller agreement which "Gerald" provided and also a fax of the title to make sure it was clear. "Gerald" asked the loan officer to WIRE him the money. Wtf???? I emailed "Gerald" once again that I would wait for the title but he wouldn't get any money until then, and he sent back an email saying that he was waiting on a wire transfer and the car would be sold. SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM. I had to put a lock on my credit and I also filed a police report with the town of St. Paul. I messaged carsforsale.com and asked them to take AAA Car Corporation off their website, I'm waiting to see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #31
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

That sucks. These guys are always finding new ways to rip off customers. If something seems too good to be true, buyer beware.
      05-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #32
Ares55
Registered
Rep
Drives: Cts-V

Ask for a copy of the title, they can't provide it. DO NOT WIRE HIM MONEY! If you read this, please contact carsforsale.com and request AAA Car Corporation be removed from their site and please contact the FBI about them.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #33
Keik E92 M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW  [9.00]
2011 BMW 335i  [6.80]
damn that sux man.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #34
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Yes, I came across "gerald" as well. These guys are such a big time waster for me as I'm looking at cars. They have web sites now, and list the cars for very good deals. I wish they were as obvious as before, when you would email them then get an immediate response back saying they moved out of the country, send me a check, etc etc.

Now they have a web site, registered dealer address, etc answer your phone calls, and look legit.

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #35
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2023 X5M Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares55 View Post
I saw the posting for the Cts-V and being an avid lover of the car I immediately wanted it. I already own two and in order to buy the one on their site I would have to take out a loan. I filled out the "application" on their page and contacted "Gerald Bell", the supposed owner there. He said I would hear back shortly about the loan. I called about 6 times and then he stopped answering my calls. Knowing I would get approved for a loan for such a small amount, I went to Wells Fargo and got a loan there instead to speed things up. My loan officer called "Gerald" and asked for a buyer/seller agreement which "Gerald" provided and also a fax of the title to make sure it was clear. "Gerald" asked the loan officer to WIRE him the money. Wtf???? I emailed "Gerald" once again that I would wait for the title but he wouldn't get any money until then, and he sent back an email saying that he was waiting on a wire transfer and the car would be sold. SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM. I had to put a lock on my credit and I also filed a police report with the town of St. Paul. I messaged carsforsale.com and asked them to take AAA Car Corporation off their website, I'm waiting to see what happens.
wow man.... that sucks. I would never do a loan app online unless there was no doubt about it and it was a secure (https) site with a reputable lender.

Hope it works out for u and your identity isn't stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojorisinM3 View Post
Yes, I came across "gerald" as well. These guys are such a big time waster for me as I'm looking at cars. They have web sites now, and list the cars for very good deals. I wish they were as obvious as before, when you would email them then get an immediate response back saying they moved out of the country, send me a check, etc etc.

Now they have a web site, registered dealer address, etc answer your phone calls, and look legit.
I knew it was BS deep down inside. I'm always skeptical until I can phyiscally touch and see the car/title. Just wanted to shoot the sh!t with you guys on here about it. I already posted a link of a car he's supposadly selling that is actually on autotrader for sale in LA.

Scammers are definitely getting more advanced...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #36
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

It looks like they shut down the site. When you click on the link it takes you to a domain available page.

I emailed the guy last week saying I was in town with cash in hand to buy one of the GTRs. All I needed was the VIN for my insurance. The guy never got in touch with me.
      06-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #37
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2023 X5M Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoaster View Post
It looks like they shut down the site. When you click on the link it takes you to a domain available page.

I emailed the guy last week saying I was in town with cash in hand to buy one of the GTRs. All I needed was the VIN for my insurance. The guy never got in touch with me.
thank goodness. no more people taken advantage of
Appreciate 0