BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

05-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #23
1Sleeper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31

I happen to pull up next to a white C63 today in traffic, bad traffic which gave the opportunity to make a few observations. It sounds great, I mean really great. Looks nice although the exhaust really seems to stick out under the back of the car. The only shocking thing I noticed was the ridiculous tires and wheels. WTF were they thinking? They looked like AMG package wheels off any C class. Desperately needs much more substantial tires and wheels which I would imagine make the car not only hook up and handle better but would make the car look 1,000,000 times better. My .02.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #24
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sleeper View Post
I happen to pull up next to a white C63 today in traffic, bad traffic which gave the opportunity to make a few observations. It sounds great, I mean really great. Looks nice although the exhaust really seems to stick out under the back of the car. The only shocking thing I noticed was the ridiculous tires and wheels. WTF were they thinking? They looked like AMG package wheels off any C class. Desperately needs much more substantial tires and wheels which I would imagine make the car not only hook up and handle better but would make the car look 1,000,000 times better. My .02.
Those exhaust tips can do some real damage if you aren't paying attention when unloading stuff from the trunk. I'm talking third degree burns. Most people can fit 265 or 275 width tires on the back without rubbing.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #25
raziel5201314
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

m3 vs c63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerezblackM3 View Post
I now have the c63 coupe, it's been with me for 1 week. Both are great cars. To much fun from both cars. M3 is more focused. Better to make perfect drifts and connected drifts on small track. Because u have the engine power under ur feet, and u can simply control it easily. The higher ur rpm revs, the faster the car is, or the bigger drift angle gets. As for the c63, it's brutal, drifting on a small track is very hard. The sudden torque gets u spinning right away. On normal driving, the c63 feels faster because of the torque at low rpm. It just kicks u back. Similar to the feeling in my alpina b3 biturbo. C63 feels faster yet in the race i posted a few months ago, I pulled on the c63 more than 4 or 5 cars. The seats in the m3 are more comfortable for longer trips. Both have harman kardon Sound system but in my m3 it is better, maybe because of the two subwoofers under each seat. steering feel in m3 is better. Dct in m3 is better, though the dct in c63 is a huge improvement over the normal 2011 and bellow c63. Stock exhaust on c63 is ten times better than the stock m3 exchaust. Though my exhaust now is 100 times better
In the c63, u don't have to juice the engine to get the power. It's there on low rpm. In the m3, u must be on the right gear and right rpm to get it moving. This is why the m3 is known as "best drivers car", anyone can race a c63 and go fast. Not everyone can properly race an m car. Many m5 owners that I know lose to stock c63. I made some of them meet again, an I was behind the wheel, the m5 shined like it should
C63 looks beautiful in some angles. M3 is beautiful in all angles

Now, if someone can own both, it would be great because the c63 is so much fun and the low end torque keeps the driver happy
But if I had to choose one, it will be the m3.
After i read your suggestion, i suddenly know what i really want to get. I just sold my 2009 335i convertible, because i wanted to buy a M3, that was the reason i sold my 335i.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #26
phusion974
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: OE Tuned C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Those exhaust tips can do some real damage if you aren't paying attention when unloading stuff from the trunk. I'm talking third degree burns. Most people can fit 265 or 275 width tires on the back without rubbing.

+1
Actually happened to me.
I have a scar on my left leg becuase I was taking stuff outta the trunk.

Mercedes really should have though about putting wider 1/4 panels on the C63.
I cant fit anything wider then 275's in the rear.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #27
DiscoZ
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991.1S, G05 X5 50i, LR Disco

As others said... the deal sounds a bit fishy.

Otherwise, do whatever feels right to you. Many here just don't want yet another M3 owner to trade in for a C63. I was one of them. My C63 coupe is a peformance package in Canada, has LSD and engine, brakes, etc.

Stock: I think the M3 is a bit livlier and probably a little quicker on a shorter track - on a longer, HP track the C63 will be better. C63 struggles with traction... don't know what AMG was thinking putting the same tire width as a C350 on the back. Motor sound - the C63 owns a stock M3 and many M3s with pipes. The car can be quiet, or an absolute hooligan. Love it. Will say, it gets more attention than the M3.

My FBO M3 was slower than my stock C63 AMG with the PP.
      05-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #28
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

deal sounds fishy. OP becareful. maybe this demo car got accident or something, who know.
Appreciate 0