BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW
View Poll Results: Which and why?!
Fuck interiors, 500whp club is where it's at 2 50.00%
Be responsible in an less value for the money kind of way? 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

01-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

What do you think about this?

I have ruled out an E46 M3 because of potential issues. I frankly don't care how well cared for the car was I can't risk the big hitter issues that the car MAY or may not encounter during my ownership. I am a sucker for horsepower and I am a sucker for a nice looking and feeling car... more so horsepower, I get more of a kick from a ton of it than I do the insides because I enjoy being heavy footed more than I enjoy petting my dashboard. Heres the dilemma...

I am damn hooked on the MKV R32, I think it looks good outside, I love the interior, the sound, the space... all that garbage. BUT! It's so fucking slow for the price! And without boost, you don't have much potential at all and boost is PRICEY for this car and I am scared of highly modded VW, I ruled out the M3 for high priced repairs. But I know this car is such a sold blend of everything but the lack of power I feel will get so old, so fast. I will see an EVO, Cobra, Vette... something and envy the balls.

Then there is the Cobra, EVO, Vette... all with crazy power potential with LITTLE money, they sound sick and have such a MEAN persona (or should I say carsona).

Should I sacrifice the "wow this is nice" and go for the "HOLY CRAP I THINK I CRAPPED MY PANTS" and be in the 500whp club?!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

Power can get boring without refinement. You might get annoyed since you can't ever relax. Its more fun to drive a slow car fast you know. ( to some extent) R32 if touched by HPA is a monster. Evos are for kids man, R32 is like a more refined evo. You still get your AWD traction but with German engineering. Think about it.
      01-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgthis View Post
Power can get boring without refinement. You might get annoyed since you can't ever relax. Its more fun to drive a slow car fast you know. ( to some extent) R32 if touched by HPA is a monster. Evos are for kids man, R32 is like a more refined evo. You still get your AWD traction but with German engineering. Think about it.
I know thats why they are soooo tempting but I would NOT be able to afford the boost kit. The resale on those are already wow.

This is why I'm so hooked, look at that SEX!

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
Motor She Wrote
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

There's a more compelling case for the Evo, a C5 Z06 or a Cobra than the R32.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #5
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor She Wrote View Post
There's a more compelling case for the Evo, a C5 Z06 or a Cobra than the R32.
I think so too
Appreciate 0