Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

BPM

02-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
M666 SLL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

UK Eibach springs and spacers advice

Any of you guys done this (sure you have) and if so have you had any issues like rubbing, weird noises etc etc?

I've been quoted £600 all in with fitting from established modder for 20mm drop and 5-20mm spacers. I would like the car lower and more of an aggressive stance but I do by want to compromise at all on the quality. I don't want to start hear rubbing noises everytime I turn hard left or right or run over an ant.

Any advice would be appreciated at the end of the day it's not a 2k golf it's an M Division engineered 55k sports car.

Thanks and apologies if it's been done already.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
alpina527
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT JZB/FR

What wheels are you running with?

I would strongly advise fitting shaved guide supports and e36 m3 bump stops with the eibachs. This give you back the oem travel and makes the ride like oem but slightly firmer.

I am also in Essex if you want to feel what an Eibach equipped e92 with shaved mounts and 10mm spacers feels like.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
M666 SLL
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpina527 View Post

I would strongly advise fitting shaved guide supports and e36 m3 bump stops with the eibachs. This give you back the oem travel and makes the ride like oem but slightly firmer.

I am also in Essex if you want to feel what an Eibach equipped e92 with shaved mounts and 10mm spacers feels like.
Cheers mate. I'm on the BMW 19's with PS2's

I'm in Chelmsford and it was Elite down in Rainham who were recommended to me for the drop and spacers.

Would defiantly appreciate seeing your motor as id like to get an idea of what it will look like from the rear and sides etc I'm not into massive modding but I'm keen to get it looking a little more aggressive and then get the re-map done by DMS Automotive
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
alpina527
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Small world. I will drop you a pm
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpina527 View Post

Mate whats the extra cost associated with getting shaved mounts and e36 bump stops?
      02-22-2011, 05:13 AM   #6
alpina527
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Mate whats the extra cost associated with getting shaved mounts and e36 bump stops?
E36 Bump stops are £25 a pair. Guide supports are £164 for a pair plus shaving.

Not much money for making the car ride nicely.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M666 SLL View Post

I'm in Chelmsford and it was Elite down in Rainham who were recommended to me for the drop and spacers.

Would defiantly appreciate seeing your motor as id like to get an idea of what it will look like from the rear and sides etc I'm not into massive modding but I'm keen to get it looking a little more aggressive and then get the re-map done by DMS Automotive
I wouldn't take my M3 to Elite. If you are based in Essex, speak to Peter at PMW, Chelmsford. They are a quality outfit and did Alpina's work. You will also need a full allignment afterwards which they can perform on a Hunter machine.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #8
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Hi - I have the Eibach springs fitted to mine - I paid similar money at CPR (Car Planet Racing in Warrington) but this included a full 4 wheel alignment.

They also recommended the use of E36 bump stops which I had fitted at the same time.

I didn't however have the 'guide supports with shaved mounts' fitted and these were not recommended at the time.

The car rides superbly and the 4 wheel alignment really sharpened up the OEM 'dull' feel to the steering that the car had before.

The car has been running for over a year I think now, but with no rubbing issues at all - in fact it drives superbly and the ride has not been compromised at all.

thread here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=m3+lowered
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
M666 SLL
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
Quote:

I wouldn't take my M3 to Elite. If you are based in Essex, speak to Peter at PMW, Chelmsford. They are a quality outfit and did Alpina's work. You will also need a full allignment afterwards which they can perform on a Hunter machine.
Cheers matey. Booked in PMW (been there before) as saw Ian's (alpina527) motor today and it was quality!! Has been a massive help so I'm looking forward to getting it done.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 04:49 AM   #10
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Cheers matey. Booked in PMW (been there before) as saw Ian's (alpina527) motor today and it was quality!! Has been a massive help so I'm looking forward to getting it done.
Small world, we're all from the same place. What colour is your car?

Btw - M3fast post is very good regarding the front and rear toe settings. If you want more front end bite you can reduce the front toe in. I've heard mixed reviews about Thorney Motorsport but they set up cars with max neg camber, 2mm front toe out and 1mm rear toe in, claiming it makes the car much more willing to turn in without sacrificing straight line stablity and also improves steering feel. Some users on the US site also run these settings with favourable feedback. Just some extra things you might want to take into account.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
M666 SLL
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Small world, we're all from the same place. What colour is your car?

Btw - M3fast post is very good regarding the front and rear toe settings. If you want more front end bite you can reduce the front toe in. I've heard mixed reviews about Thorney Motorsport but they set up cars with max neg camber, 2mm front toe out and 1mm rear toe in, claiming it makes the car much more willing to turn in without sacrificing straight line stablity and also improves steering feel. Some users on the US site also run these settings with favourable feedback. Just some extra things you might want to take into account.

Yeah it is a little funny that we all live in the same place. I'm actually in Hatfield Peverel, car is same as Ian's - well without all the quality mods although hopefully with his help I am sorting the springs and spacers :-)

I was saying to Ian that the only e9x's I'd seen about Chelmsford way were a light blue, White convertible and a dark blue with black wheels (looks good)

I quite like the idea of the duck boot spoiler for the boot (all as one) but don't know price
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 04:24 AM   #12
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah it is a little funny that we all live in the same place. I'm actually in Hatfield Peverel, car is same as Ian's - well without all the quality mods although hopefully with his help I am sorting the springs and spacers :-)

I was saying to Ian that the only e9x's I'd seen about Chelmsford way were a light blue, White convertible and a dark blue with black wheels (looks good)

I quite like the idea of the duck boot spoiler for the boot (all as one) but don't know price
Mine is jerez black and fox red too. I've seen the interlagos blue with black wheels too. One of my neighbours has a grey 'vert.

I think we should do a small drive through Coopers and lay some darkies
3 black M3s in formation would surely be a sight to behold.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 04:53 AM   #13
M666 SLL
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Mine is jerez black and fox red too. I've seen the interlagos blue with black wheels too. One of my neighbours has a grey 'vert.

I think we should do a small drive through Coopers and lay some darkies
3 black M3s in formation would surely be a sight to behold.
100% - as my Japanese friend would say "photo opportunity", I reckon that would look amazing - 3 J blk with various mods :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 06:16 AM   #14
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
......Thorney Motorsport but they set up cars with max neg camber, 2mm front toe out and 1mm rear toe in, claiming it makes the car much more willing to turn in without sacrificing straight line stablity and also improves steering feel. Some users on the US site also run these settings with favourable feedback. Just some extra things you might want to take into account.
Running with toe out at the front without sacrificing straight line stability sounds implausible. No doubt the turn in would be lively but it would dancing all over the place on uneven roads....or is this just for a track set up?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #15
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Running with toe out at the front without sacrificing straight line stability sounds implausible. No doubt the turn in would be lively but it would dancing all over the place on uneven roads....or is this just for a track set up?
Thorney claim it's for the road.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 05:57 AM   #16
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

On my last E46 M3 I set the front suspension to full negative camber and reduced the toe in (but kept to a slight negative setting ~5 minutes IIRC) and it did indeed improve the turn in and give more mid corner grip...the downside was a loss of stability to the extent of having to back off slightly when trying to press on in country lanes with a poor road surface.
Once the car is set up with the new suspension and realigned you can tinker with the Toe setting as it can be adjusted independantly without influencing the rest of the set up.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 06:32 AM   #17
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
On my last E46 M3 I set the front suspension to full negative camber and reduced the toe in (but kept to a slight negative setting ~5 minutes IIRC) and it did indeed improve the turn in and give more mid corner grip...the downside was a loss of stability to the extent of having to back off slightly when trying to press on in country lanes with a poor road surface.
Once the car is set up with the new suspension and realigned you can tinker with the Toe setting as it can be adjusted independantly without influencing the rest of the set up.
Indeed, I was planning on doing the same after I get new tyres fiiting and geo set-up. What front and rear toe angles are you running Senor?
Appreciate 0