BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

12-09-2009, 02:46 AM   #1
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Supernatural vs. Rboe

I'm torn apart, not sure which one I should get

The price is somewhat similar with the both, but does anyone have any experience with these wax?

It'll be mainly for the AW m3, and someone told me Rboe is better with darker color cars...

ahhhh....can't decide
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

RBOE is a pain in the balls to remove, unlike SN
      12-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.jay View Post
RBOE is a pain in the balls to remove, unlike SN
I know they said something about heating the finger applicator to apply the RBOE, would that help removing it? Can you explain a little more about how you removed the RBOE?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
d00t
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Here's my technique for RBOE. Yes, it's a pain to apply, but the look is WELL worth it!

Well.. I think I'm with everyone when I say that RBOE is an AMAZING wax. And gives incredible shine. But the application is beyond annoying. To the point where I pretty much never use it.

Well over this past week when I was working on this nsx I thought of a new idea for applying RBOE. Because it says on the label you need your warm hands to "melt" the wax to make it easier to apply, but I hate using my bare hands as I feel I will mar the paint when doing so.

So I only use carnuba waxes by hand with an applicator pad, not bare hands for this reason. So with that in mind, I thought I was stuck with the "hair dryer method" which I wasn't able to do properly or something

My method for applying RBOE: Take a bottle of de-ionized or distilled water from a spray bottle, heat it up to about 200*F (right before boiling) and pour it back in to the spray bottle. Spray a few spritz' IN the jar of wax it self, then spray your applicator pad. Not only will it spread thin because of the damp applicator, but with the 200* water, it melts the wax, making it easy to "scoop" out and spready evenly and lightly. It worked EXTREMELY well.

Now, for removal. After letting it set for about 20mins, I had a spray bottle of DI water waiting in the freezer. I have found when removing RBOE if I use ice-cold water it makes it easier, and also I personally feel it gives it a more crisp relfection. I mist on the ice-cold DI water (about 34*F) and then buff the water off with the wax and a super plush towel.

This method made RBOE easy, and a joy to apply! And the results were very rewarding!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00t View Post
Here's my technique for RBOE. Yes, it's a pain to apply, but the look is WELL worth it!

Well.. I think I'm with everyone when I say that RBOE is an AMAZING wax. And gives incredible shine. But the application is beyond annoying. To the point where I pretty much never use it.

Well over this past week when I was working on this nsx I thought of a new idea for applying RBOE. Because it says on the label you need your warm hands to "melt" the wax to make it easier to apply, but I hate using my bare hands as I feel I will mar the paint when doing so.

So I only use carnuba waxes by hand with an applicator pad, not bare hands for this reason. So with that in mind, I thought I was stuck with the "hair dryer method" which I wasn't able to do properly or something

My method for applying RBOE: Take a bottle of de-ionized or distilled water from a spray bottle, heat it up to about 200*F (right before boiling) and pour it back in to the spray bottle. Spray a few spritz' IN the jar of wax it self, then spray your applicator pad. Not only will it spread thin because of the damp applicator, but with the 200* water, it melts the wax, making it easy to "scoop" out and spready evenly and lightly. It worked EXTREMELY well.

Now, for removal. After letting it set for about 20mins, I had a spray bottle of DI water waiting in the freezer. I have found when removing RBOE if I use ice-cold water it makes it easier, and also I personally feel it gives it a more crisp relfection. I mist on the ice-cold DI water (about 34*F) and then buff the water off with the wax and a super plush towel.

This method made RBOE easy, and a joy to apply! And the results were very rewarding!
That sounds like a great method for applying and removing, I used a halogen light to heat the wax and applied by hand, I removed it using a Uber MF from Phil @ Detailers Domain and I sprayed with CG Speedwipe while removing.
      12-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

what happened to the wipe on and wipe off waxes...why all this other "necessary steps"? its waxing, not science!!!

get some collinite 845, blackfire wet diamond, wolfgang fuzion, pinnacle souveran and be done with it...choose one and I would be hard pressed to have you point out which is which on the same properly prepped hood!!!
Appreciate 0