BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

BPM

03-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Canadian Dealer Rebates?

Hey guys - new to the boards, and shopping for an E92

I've read that BMW in the US is offering $2500 rebates back to the dealers on '10 M3 cars ? - this would allow a much better negotiation for a customer as there is more room to move for the dealer and still make their $$

ie: Customer getting the car at dealer invoice still means the dealer is making $2500 on the sale.

Does anyone know if this or a similar deal is being offered to the Canadian dealerships by BMW Canada?

Thx.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 03:46 AM   #2
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Here is an even better deal: buy your car in the U.S. With the canadian dollar almost at par there could be awesome deals to be made if you are willing to put up with the paperwork involved with importing a car in Canada.

Cheers.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #3
EA51 LAY
Ex-Blighty
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 MINI JCW, AW 1M Enroute

Not yet Meff - our programmes are supported to the tune of a 4.9% finance rate only on 2010's at the moment!

However next month is a new one and BMW programmes change every single month because of this.....

Feel free to shout me at work (BMW Durham), on 905 619 5522 Ext 5555 or email matthewl@bmwdurham.ca and we'll discuss the April programme once it arrives!

I hope this helps

All the best

Regards

Matthew
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
Meff
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
Here is an even better deal: buy your car in the U.S. With the canadian dollar almost at par there could be awesome deals to be made if you are willing to put up with the paperwork involved with importing a car in Canada.

Cheers.
I've looked into this as well pmeloche - thx

To the best of my research - it's safe to say that If I find a '10 M3 equipped the way I want in the US it would be about $74,000 max depending on the listing dealer. If I can expect the same level of discount off retail that other US based members are getting on their '10 cars, the dealer list price is about what I would pay in CDN $$ to have it in my driveway after paying for:

US Car Check

Recall Clearance Letter

Daytime Running light labour

Instrument cluster swap for Cdn Spec

(All above performed by a BMW dealer)

Canadian Registration - VRI

CBSA - Duty for non north american built car

Not included in this calculation is shipping costs to get it home, but if it's close enough (2 day drive) I can fly down and drive back so this is more of a vacation than an actual cost

...and depending on the state it comes from, there may be a state tax structure to deal with but unlikely. Won't know until I find a car I like and check with the gov.

Mighty tempting.... and a real savings as you said, but yes, a pain in the ass.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Don't forget you don't get the 4 year free scheduled maintenance covered if you don't buy in Canada (I believe). On an M3, I imagine that would be expensive and likely make the savings of buying in the US much smaller.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
Meff
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Don't forget you don't get the 4 year free scheduled maintenance covered if you don't buy in Canada (I believe). On an M3, I imagine that would be expensive and likely make the savings of buying in the US much smaller.
Good point - forgot to add this in but but I did talk to BMW Canada on this and they said the free maintenance would not transfer. Factory warranty yes, maintenance no.

I was trying to do the math on this one as well - but not sure on the M3 service intervals for the first 4 years

Anyone know this?

I'll call my local SA tomorrow and see if they can get me the info and estimated costs.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
Meff
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA51 LAY View Post
Not yet Meff - our programmes are supported to the tune of a 4.9% finance rate only on 2010's at the moment!

However next month is a new one and BMW programmes change every single month because of this.....

Feel free to shout me at work (BMW Durham), on 905 619 5522 Ext 5555 or email matthewl@bmwdurham.ca and we'll discuss the April programme once it arrives!

I hope this helps

All the best

Regards

Matthew
Thx Matt - I'm on the left coast so Durham is a bit of a stretch for me, but thanks for the info.

I'll be making a cash deal so the BMW rates aren't important to me.

Tell you what - pm me a phenomenal cash number on the '10 MCB Edition on your floor and we'll talk!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

I think importing a 2-3 years old car would yield the best savings, especially if you are looking at a high end BMW like a 6 or 7 series or an M5/M6.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
EA51 LAY
Ex-Blighty
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 MINI JCW, AW 1M Enroute

Meff - PM me your # and lets discuss!!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
fe55
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DKG

Meff
I was just over at Bavaria ( In Edmonton) and they had brand new White Manual 08 M3 in their showroom with 19 inch rims . It was listed in the low 70"s . I bet you could do a great deal on that car. And its Canadian.
Talk to Mike Beck ( Sales Mgr) and buy a NABMW club membership(60.00) and get even more off the price. Send me a PM if you want more info.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
Meff
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA51 LAY View Post
Meff - PM me your # and lets discuss!!
Hey - I asked you first !

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe55 View Post
Meff
I was just over at Bavaria ( In Edmonton) and they had brand new White Manual 08 M3 in their showroom with 19 inch rims . It was listed in the low 70"s . I bet you could do a great deal on that car. And its Canadian.
Talk to Mike Beck ( Sales Mgr) and buy a NABMW club membership(60.00) and get even more off the price. Send me a PM if you want more info.
Thanks fe55 - I have my heart set on the DCT however and Space Grey if I can find one (full load otherwise) although the manual is very tempting for this car, as a DD I want the DCT.

Appreciate the heads up though, a Cdn buy would certainly reduce my need for Advil, but the savings south of the border are still very, very appealing and might still be worth the headache.

Still looking for anyone that knows the equivalent $$ value of the 4 year maintenance program is as this has to be added to the cost of a US based car as noted above.

I may have to start another thread on this subject to get the answer....

Thanks again guys for the feedback
Appreciate 0