BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Florida Drivers

WOW... Talk about FLORIDA drivers just saw this today..... This means I will take my HD cam and film some daily driving cus I think you guys will enjoy it...

It was raining out and it was sunny??... so I think they were trying to show off to their friends (cus there were a bunch of kids) and understeered just a little..

First pic is right when I saw it and the second was when I was coming back...
Attached Images

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

I hate driving in Florida.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
I hate driving in Florida.
I agree.... I have friends coming down and Im paranoid about my car getting messed up.. Knock on wood...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

I empathize with you guys.

I spent four days in South Beach a couple weeks ago and could not believe the idiocy that goes on on your roads. It is mind blowing the stupid maneuvers that seem to occur constantly down there. Couple that with a road system that is not designed to handle significant volume and I'm amazed that you aren't all in accidents on a regular basis.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
I empathize with you guys.

I spent four days in South Beach a couple weeks ago and could not believe the idiocy that goes on on your roads. It is mind blowing the stupid maneuvers that seem to occur constantly down there. Couple that with a road system that is not designed to handle significant volume and I'm amazed that you aren't all in accidents on a regular basis.
Ya everyday its something different...

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Reposted from another thread which mentioned FL drivers......

When an idiot enters I-4 in the left lane going 40 MPH when traffic goes 80 MPH, stays in the left lane to accelerate, and doesn't accelerate with any great urgency. I am thankful to have a 252 HP V6 in my car which then I switched into the right lane and promptly got up to speed.........

Or when they cut you off because they couldn't wait for me to pass with no one behind me( interstate or local roads). They also maintain their slow ass speed in the left lane when on I-4.

Or they constantly create rolling road blocks.......

Or go 25 MPH in a 45 MPH in light rain.......

I would pay to see how FL would drive in snow. It wouldn't even have to stick to have 20 car pile ups.......
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Reposted from another thread which mentioned FL drivers......

When an idiot enters I-4 in the left lane going 40 MPH when traffic goes 80 MPH, stays in the left lane to accelerate, and doesn't accelerate with any great urgency. I am thankful to have a 252 HP V6 in my car which then I switched into the right lane and promptly got up to speed.........

Or when they cut you off because they couldn't wait for me to pass with no one behind me( interstate or local roads). They also maintain their slow ass speed in the left lane when on I-4.

Or they constantly create rolling road blocks.......

Or go 25 MPH in a 45 MPH in light rain.......

I would pay to see how FL would drive in snow. It wouldn't even have to stick to have 20 car pile ups.......
I took this photo today.. .. Im from PA.. I have driven in the snow.. U just drive slower and are easy on the peddles... People come here and see big roads with big speed limits and think they are a race car drivers... everyday I do this...

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #8
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
I took this photo today.. .. Im from PA.. I have driven in the snow.. U just drive slower and are easy on the peddles... People come here and see big roads with big speed limits and think they are a race car drivers... everyday I do this...
I wasn't stating repost. I was just reposting my rant about FL drivers.

What annoys me the most is that the road I drive on frequently has a 45-50 MPH speed limit. And yet there are countless number of people creating rolling roadblocks going 30-35 MPH.

Not to mention FL has the worst traffic light system I have ever seen. It reminds me of NYC. Can't go 500 FT without hitting another redlight........
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #9
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Not to mention FL has the worst traffic light system I have ever seen. It reminds me of NYC. Can't go 500 FT without hitting another redlight........
US 1 was well thought out to handle the volume it sees.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #10
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I wasn't stating repost. I was just reposting my rant about FL drivers.

What annoys me the most is that the road I drive on frequently has a 45-50 MPH speed limit. And yet there are countless number of people creating rolling roadblocks going 30-35 MPH.

opps.. don't really have a traffic light problem... Just when I want a red light I can't get one... But when I have to hurry home and don't have time for a red light I hit everyone...

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #11
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you get onto I-75 ITs the BEST road I have been on... 70 Mph brand new... Soooo Smooth... U can get away with 75mph easy...

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #12
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

One good thing is that with all the old fucks driving around, we have 5 second yellow lights.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #13
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep

Quote:
It isn't US 1. It's so freaking stupid though. It seems like all FL sees traffic lights is a way to regulate that one intersection and not the general flow of traffic. One light turns green and literally the next light turns red. The government wants to encourage us to drive more efficiently. How about setting up traffic lights more efficiently so it wouldn't murder our MPG's and waste gas?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #14
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
The drivers and roads down here are horrible. Being from New York, you can imagine my frustration every morning.
      03-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #15
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It isn't US 1. It's so freaking stupid though. It seems like all FL sees traffic lights is a way to regulate that one intersection and not the general flow of traffic. One light turns green and literally the next light turns red. The government wants to encourage us to drive more efficiently. How about setting up traffic lights more efficiently so it wouldn't murder our MPG's and waste gas?
I agree with that one.. But then I wouldn't be having fun with the competition down here in FL in light to light battles...

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 09:06 AM   #16
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Grampa!!!
I thought we took your keys away.
      03-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #17
CommaD
iDrive therefore iAm
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 xDrive28i Alpine White

16 year olds driving mustangs and 80 year olds driving buicks, these are just a couple of the everyday obstacles around here.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #18
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
UPDATE

I drove past the crash again today and can't believe someone in their right mind would think they could have made this turn so fast... They plowed through tile and concrete... WOW...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #19
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommaD View Post
16 year olds driving mustangs and 80 year olds driving buicks, these are just a couple of the everyday obstacles around here.
Ya, Thats how I developed eyes in the back of my head...

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #20
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

I was on I4 doing 80ish only to have some dude on a cell phone come over to the left lane and do 40, so i flashed my lights and then he got mad...

i hate fl