BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

02-19-2010, 03:06 AM   #1
scmguru
Rep
Drives: bmw

Brilliant White Question..

Thinking of special ordering this color..

For those of you who have seen it in person, is Brilliant White more of a yellowish pearl color (think early 1990's Audis) or is it more of a white color like Lamborghini Balloon white?

I've seen a bunch of pictures here and some of them make the color look closer to a cream than a metallic white.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

The lambo is pretty close, the Audi is WAY OFF. Brilliant white is a beautiful color, very very unique and definately provides a different look than regular AW. The guys that own one will be here shortly to tell you so. Was my second choice and it was a very, very difficult decision to not go with it.

BTW, there's quite a few pics of BW E92's on the forum, go to SEARCH and you'll find them. The pics are fairly representative of the color but you have to actually see it in person to appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
scmguru
Rep
Drives: bmw

Thanks for the post Mark.. it's funny.. I saw the pic threads and then saw a couple of outside pictures of an AZ car on this forum and they looked like they had a tinge of ivory..

Not sure if that was due to the light at the time the pictures were taken or if it does have a hint of ivory tint.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

To me the pearl added to white softens the color of the car and gives it more of a feminine look. But I must say, the Lambo looks good. But then again, I like that car in any color.
Appreciate 0