BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

Mporium BMW

07-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
schadenfreude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M-DCT M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [0.00]
Thumbs up Park Place Detail Shop

I wash my own car, and until today, I haven't used Park Place for anything besides installing my VentureShield and to pick up some Griot's products. Since I was on the East Side earlier, I decided to swing by to have them look at a scuff in my bumper. I snagged the first detail guy I ran into in the lot before even making it inside. He took one look and said he'd have it out "in 2 minutes". He brought it inside, hooked up the buffer, and literally 90 seconds later it was gone. Total cost $0.

I was really surprised how quick and cool the guy was about it. He got a nice tip, and I'll be sure to keep them in mind for future detail work.

Sorry, no pics. The spot was about 1.5x3", and a pretty nasty looking scuff that I'm surprised didn't need to be painted. Now you can't even tell it was there.
      07-24-2009, 01:20 AM   #2
DPR1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Jerez E90 M3

I took my car to Park Place today too. I love those guys! Highly recommended.

- Ted
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 01:29 AM   #3
schadenfreude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPR1 View Post
I took my car to Park Place today too. I love those guys! Highly recommended.

- Ted
Saw your car there, I think. Nice color.
      07-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
Fen335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / X5d / Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by schadenfreude View Post
Saw your car there, I think. Nice color.
Hey Guys - New NW guy here. Picking up my e92 M3 this week (can't wait!). Question for you. I noticed that you have the Pinnacle F1 tint on your car. Where did you get that done? Are you happy with it? I'm a little worried about tinting my car again. I had a 335i (sedan) that I tinted at a local shop and they ended up scratching pretty bad after about 4-5 months. From some threads I've seen, it looks like it may not be the installer or product's fault, but the way BMW put the door and window together. I hear the coupes handle a tint better...but nonetheless wanted to see how your F1 is holding up on your M3 sedan

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
DPR1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Jerez E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen335i View Post
Hey Guys - New NW guy here. Picking up my e92 M3 this week (can't wait!). Question for you. I noticed that you have the Pinnacle F1 tint on your car. Where did you get that done? Are you happy with it? I'm a little worried about tinting my car again. I had a 335i (sedan) that I tinted at a local shop and they ended up scratching pretty bad after about 4-5 months. From some threads I've seen, it looks like it may not be the installer or product's fault, but the way BMW put the door and window together. I hear the coupes handle a tint better...but nonetheless wanted to see how your F1 is holding up on your M3 sedan

Thanks!
I've been worried about that same thing -- it's the only reason I didn't get my windows tinted the day after I took delivery as I had on my previous cars. I ordered the Tint Protector moleskin mentioned in some other threads here so I'm hopeful that helps mitigate my worries.

If you happen to be in the Seattle area you should swing by the Eastgate Park N Ride today at 9:30 to check out several other folks tint! You're up early enough anyway.

See this thread for details:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279877

This post in particular:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=70

Cheers,
Ted
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #6
Fen335i
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPR1 View Post
I've been worried about that same thing -- it's the only reason I didn't get my windows tinted the day after I took delivery as I had on my previous cars. I ordered the Tint Protector moleskin mentioned in some other threads here so I'm hopeful that helps mitigate my worries.

If you happen to be in the Seattle area you should swing by the Eastgate Park N Ride today at 9:30 to check out several other folks tint! You're up early enough anyway.

See this thread for details:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279877

This post in particular:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=70

Cheers,
Ted

Thanks DPR1 - Couldn't make the CCA event. Hope you guys had fun down there today. Hopefully someone posts some event pics later on this week.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 01:05 AM   #7
schadenfreude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen335i View Post

Thanks!
Very few small scratches on my tint right now, but I hardly ever roll the windows down. If it gets bad I'll swap it and get moleskin. For a good deal on the tint PM Johnny Lin. He'll get you hooked up!
      07-27-2009, 01:29 AM   #8
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

random orbital buffers FTW. i use mine to polish my car, apply sealer or buff out small paint swirls. works great.

tho griots is good stuff, i swear by Chemical Guys products. their stuff is amazing. http://www.chemicalguys.com
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #9
Fen335i
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schadenfreude View Post
Very few small scratches on my tint right now, but I hardly ever roll the windows down. If it gets bad I'll swap it and get moleskin. For a good deal on the tint PM Johnny Lin. He'll get you hooked up!
Thanks for the info Shadenfreude.
Appreciate 0