BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

05-28-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 e90 IB M3

Has anyone installed the Bimmer-tech VividScreen yet?

Seriously thinking about getting this done.

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Seems like a no brainer if you have the $$$
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 06:30 PM   #3
jdamore
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

I've had it for about 2 years now.. its a great upgrade for the CCC. Like what InnerBlueSkies.. no brainer.

First off, AppleTV blows. It has no real benifit in a car. And why would you put in a system that you need to put an IR repeater ?! Research a better system to use with this. You can use anything that has an HDMI. Full disclosure of my opinion, Apple products suck.

The upgrade of picture quality is the biggest benefit. The CCC UI looks much cleaner and the colors are more vivid. You don't need that horrid toggle button. Holding the menu button on the idrive does the same thing. The replacement screen physically is more appealing because it doesn't have the glass in the front. Instead, the lcd panel has a matte anti-glare coating. Install is very easy.. not including a reverse camera, it could be done in less than 30 min. I only have the reverse camera and an androidpc and its solid.

Keep in mind. Bimmertech is just putting their name on some Chinese electronics. A year ago, I was asking them questions and didn't get answers. I couldn't get any directions/documentation online. You have to contact them and they told me not to share. I gave up on my questions.. wish they got back to me on the other configurations.

When I made my purchase, they offered a small refund for a positive online review. I just couldn't do it. Started with payment delays and it wasn't immediately shipped. When I finally received the package, everything was loosely just thrown in a box. The MMI was flopping around. See attached. There was NO instructions and nothing online. Its not rocket surgery so, i figured it out. That was two years ago. I'd think they straightened their shit out by now.

Even with my experience its good product and worth it. Just keep in mind, it only gives you a better screen and an interface so, it is only what you make it.
Attached Images

05-28-2019, 10:50 PM   #4
jazzy1999
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore View Post
I've had it for about 2 years now.. its a great upgrade for the CCC. Like what InnerBlueSkies.. no brainer.

First off, AppleTV blows. It has no real benifit in a car. And why would you put in a system that you need to put an IR repeater ?! Research a better system to use with this. You can use anything that has an HDMI. Full disclosure of my opinion, Apple products suck.

The upgrade of picture quality is the biggest benefit. The CCC UI looks much cleaner and the colors are more vivid. You don't need that horrid toggle button. Holding the menu button on the idrive does the same thing. The replacement screen physically is more appealing because it doesn't have the glass in the front. Instead, the lcd panel has a matte anti-glare coating. Install is very easy.. not including a reverse camera, it could be done in less than 30 min. I only have the reverse camera and an androidpc and its solid.

Keep in mind. Bimmertech is just putting their name on some Chinese electronics. A year ago, I was asking them questions and didn't get answers. I couldn't get any directions/documentation online. You have to contact them and they told me not to share. I gave up on my questions.. wish they got back to me on the other configurations.

When I made my purchase, they offered a small refund for a positive online review. I just couldn't do it. Started with payment delays and it wasn't immediately shipped. When I finally received the package, everything was loosely just thrown in a box. The MMI was flopping around. See attached. There was NO instructions and nothing online. Its not rocket surgery so, i figured it out. That was two years ago. I'd think they straightened their shit out by now.

Even with my experience its good product and worth it. Just keep in mind, it only gives you a better screen and an interface so, it is only what you make it.
how much does it cost?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 12:52 AM   #5
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 e90 IB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore View Post

How did you get your outline colors to be blue instead of red?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 05:56 AM   #6
jdamore
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy1999 View Post
how much does it cost?
https://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw...ts/vividscreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroBiz View Post
How did you get your outline colors to be blue instead of red?
In Torque, just change to theme to blue and it will change in the widgets.