BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-10-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
RayC
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

One year of ownership...

I've now had my car for one glorious year and strangely enough, I managed to get exactly 10,000 miles on my car.

I've had zero issues with my DCT (zero lag) or my car in general. I've gone through 1.5 sets of Michelin PS2s with 4 track days. I've had to top off with 1 Liter of engine oil over the past year with an oil change done around 7000 miles. I plan to get another done in a month.

I'm currently using Castrol SRF brake fluid and going to change out the same time I get my engine oil swapped. I'm also using Cool Carbon brake pads which I find to be sufficient enough for my track days. I'm still a noob and taking it easy out there. Eventually I'll go for a set of Stoptechs but in no rush to upgrade.

To celebrate my year, I decided to give her a nice wash and polish. Used my new FLEX buffer with Meguairs M105/M205 and I have to admit...the FLEX is so much better than my old Porter Cable.

Link to Pics

I also finally got around to putting new shoes on...went with Hankook V12s on Apex Arc 8s 18x10 square setup. I know the Hankooks aren't the best tires for the track, but I'm on a budget and needed something. I wanted the Michelin SuperSports but the savings allowed me to get the Ground Control Camber plates.

So, I just wanted to say that it's been an awesome year with the car. The best part of going to and from work is the drive; I only live 5 minutes from the office but I always take the long way around. This car truly is a fantastic all-round vehicle and I don't regret buying this car at all.

Thanks for viewing! Hope everyone enjoys their cars as much as I do!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

nice car and 10,000 miles in one year is good for M3 especially in SK! what tracks are you driving at over there? Looking forward to their first F1 race in October :-)
      07-10-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
FVM3
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i

why didnt you go for 19s?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #4
RayC
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
nice car and 10,000 miles in one year is good for M3 especially in SK! what tracks are you driving at over there? Looking forward to their first F1 race in October :-)
Thanks! I drive everywhere and I'm usually the one driving when my friends and I car pool.

I go to Taebaek Race Park, which is a really short track. :/

Here's the layout.

There's another race track (in Yong-in...not sure if you're familiar with it) but it's been closed for awhile for renovation. Not sure if it's open yet. Been trying to check if the F1 course would be open to the public...would love to race on there. But as far as I know, you have to pay quite a bit of money to reserve a day. :/

I wanted to drive down for the last F1 race, but had to work...not to mention I probably wouldn't have made it down because of the traffic. Plus there were no hotels to stay at anyways.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 06:03 AM   #5
RayC
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherchenm View Post
why didnt you go for 19s?
I stuck with 18s for a few reasons.

A. Love the Apex Arc 8s (for the weight) and they only come in 18s
B. Tires are cheaper in 18s and I intend to go through a decent amount
C. Roads aren't the best around here. The highways are nice but overall, roads are pretty rough.

If someone happened to give/donate a set of 19s to me, I wouldn't say no.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #6
Kobaiyashi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 (JetBlack/FoxRedExt)

Thanks for sharing. Nice job on the detail as well. As a jet black owner, I am truly jealous and need to get myself to the point where I can do the same.

Surprised that you only needed 1 quart of oil to top her off over the year -- I needed several more!

Anyway, congrats again!
      07-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
FVM3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayC View Post
I stuck with 18s for a few reasons.

A. Love the Apex Arc 8s (for the weight) and they only come in 18s
B. Tires are cheaper in 18s and I intend to go through a decent amount
C. Roads aren't the best around here. The highways are nice but overall, roads are pretty rough.

If someone happened to give/donate a set of 19s to me, I wouldn't say no.
Nice, btw are you staying in the states now? The plate makes me feel like you are staying in Korea but not from the background cars
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #8
MDSKIER
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayC View Post
I've now had my car for one glorious year and strangely enough, I managed to get exactly 10,000 miles on my car.

I've had zero issues with my DCT (zero lag) or my car in general. I've gone through 1.5 sets of Michelin PS2s with 4 track days. I've had to top off with 1 Liter of engine oil over the past year with an oil change done around 7000 miles. I plan to get another done in a month.

I'm currently using Castrol SRF brake fluid and going to change out the same time I get my engine oil swapped. I'm also using Cool Carbon brake pads which I find to be sufficient enough for my track days. I'm still a noob and taking it easy out there. Eventually I'll go for a set of Stoptechs but in no rush to upgrade.

To celebrate my year, I decided to give her a nice wash and polish. Used my new FLEX buffer with Meguairs M105/M205 and I have to admit...the FLEX is so much better than my old Porter Cable.

Link to Pics

I also finally got around to putting new shoes on...went with Hankook V12s on Apex Arc 8s 18x10 square setup. I know the Hankooks aren't the best tires for the track, but I'm on a budget and needed something. I wanted the Michelin SuperSports but the savings allowed me to get the Ground Control Camber plates.

So, I just wanted to say that it's been an awesome year with the car. The best part of going to and from work is the drive; I only live 5 minutes from the office but I always take the long way around. This car truly is a fantastic all-round vehicle and I don't regret buying this car at all.

Thanks for viewing! Hope everyone enjoys their cars as much as I do!

Sweet, MR with black wheels!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #9
RayC
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherchenm View Post
Nice, btw are you staying in the states now? The plate makes me feel like you are staying in Korea but not from the background cars
I took some pictures on the US army base here...so I guess it has the American feel.

No plans to return to the US at the moment. But then again I don't plan that far ahead.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
What's up? 10K? That's a ton of miles. I put 14k miles on my 2 cars over 27 months.

Glad to see you got the ARC8s on! Looking pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
They had the first F1 race last year. Not sure how well it did though.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #11
FVM3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
What's up? 10K? That's a ton of miles. I put 14k miles on my 2 cars over 27 months.

Glad to see you got the ARC8s on! Looking pretty good.

They had the first F1 race last year. Not sure how well it did though.
I put 28k miles in 7 months on my 335i and 5k miles on my m3 in less then 3 months
Appreciate 0