BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #133
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmn View Post
with the Ohlins r&T when adjusting the front ride height we have to unbolt what screw? any pictures or a video showing how we are able to make the adjustment

replacing my kw sleeve for Ohlins soon just want to make sure.
Yes, you will have to release the clamping screw to make any height adjustments.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #134
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Yes, you will have to release the clamping screw to make any height adjustments.
Thanks Harold!
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 12:22 AM   #135
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

1. Before loosening anything mark the position of the strut in the steering hub/knuckle and the position of the adjuster. Since the strut is not indexed in the hub/knuckle it is important that you mark the strut position so you can align the sway bar tab correctly (I have never gotten a good answer from ohlins or anyone on the forums on how to do this... I just eyeballed it the first time and make sure to align with my marks when adjusting).
2. Loosen the pinch bolt (you may want to completely remove it as there is one "dead spot" when turning the adjuster and there's not a very good way to get around the brake hose holder with the spanner wrench).
3. Hold up the strut assembly from below with a hydraulic jack so the assembly sits straight on the strut and it's easy to turn the adjuster.
4. Adjust the ride height. I recommend doing in full term increments so you can make sure each side is even.
5. Torque the pinch bolt to spec!! Since the bolt is pinching the strut in the hub it can be really difficult to torque by feel.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #136
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole View Post
1. Before loosening anything mark the position of the strut in the steering hub/knuckle and the position of the adjuster. Since the strut is not indexed in the hub/knuckle it is important that you mark the strut position so you can align the sway bar tab correctly (I have never gotten a good answer from ohlins or anyone on the forums on how to do this... I just eyeballed it the first time and make sure to align with my marks when adjusting).
2. Loosen the pinch bolt (you may want to completely remove it as there is one "dead spot" when turning the adjuster and there's not a very good way to get around the brake hose holder with the spanner wrench).
3. Hold up the strut assembly from below with a hydraulic jack so the assembly sits straight on the strut and it's easy to turn the adjuster.
4. Adjust the ride height. I recommend doing in full term increments so you can make sure each side is even.
5. Torque the pinch bolt to spec!! Since the bolt is pinching the strut in the hub it can be really difficult to torque by feel.
Thanks for the advise!

Do you know what the torque spec is?
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #137
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmn View Post
Thanks for the advise!

Do you know what the torque spec is?
I want to say 35 ft lbs but check in the DIY section. There is a spring install DIY which has several torque specs.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 01:11 PM   #138
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole View Post
I want to say 35 ft lbs but check in the DIY section. There is a spring install DIY which has several torque specs.
What he said.
Appreciate 0