BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
littleyellowm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR E90 M3

forget about ricers, some guy punched my window

alright i know i was just talking about how this thing attracts ricers, but it also attracts some other unwanted attention. i pulled in front of this guy, and he got all mad and flipped me off and honked and drove up my rear. and then at the next stop light he got out of his truck and punched my window. but didnt do it again once he saw we were three large athletic college kids. but he still gave me the 'bitch' look as he walked away. so what did i do? i called the police and he suddenly didnt look so tough when he saw us on our phones. we followed him and told the police he pulled into a bank. the cop confronted me first and i pointed him out, and he said that it wouldnt be worth it to file a report, but he said he would take care of the guys bad attitude. the cop got to him just as he was leaving and raced over to him with lights and sirens on and blocked him in, and gave him a good talking to.

The original user of the animated Bert and Ernie avatar. Except no substitutes.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

haha wut a ***. I hate people like that. One of these days he's gonna walk up to a car all huffed & puffed up and click, BAM!!! now he spends an eternity in his grave. That will give him time to think about his action. LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
nyc3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

similar thing happened to me.. this guy in his bike started screaming at me as I was parking on the side of the street. I quickly rolled up my window and went about parking. He rode his bike up to the car and kicked the door and knocked on the window and cursed at me, I call the cops and showed him 911 on my phone through the window.. he quickly rode away... still cursing..

I don't understand some people I think in this case, the guy was just crazy.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #4
MonacoBimm
Banned
Panama
Rep
Drives: Sapp. Black 330i(2nd e90)

Hahahaha. Its hilarious man
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 06:44 PM   #5
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

What a jerk. Some people really suck.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 06:50 PM   #6
antidentite
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: See signature

Did he break the glass?
Current: '17 Porsche Macan GTS
Current: '04 V8 4Runner
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #7
1bad335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

WTF!! I hate those guys!! I feel like getting to my wife's hummer whenever this truck guys make me feel my 335i is a small car!!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
siriusinvestor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1989 Ugo

Yeah like everyone else is wondering, was there any damage to your car?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #9
Acornz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
2006 325xi  [0.00]
So what's the deal, do guys just come up to your car and do that b/c you drive a BMW?? That's stupid. Thankfully that hasn't happened to me (yet) but that's just ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #10
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

I had some guy smack the crap out of my window (road rage). Told him I was clalign the cops, so he smacked his own window, witht he intent of saying I did it to his first...

Stupid thing is, I have a much larger hand than he did, so when the cop came, I showed him both hand prints on the glass and then pressed mine next to it.. dumbass...

Not worth getting into rumbles on the street anymore. Last year I scuffed up with a dude in a parking lot, two days later, I was assaulted walking to my car by two guys. I'm almost 99% sure it was the same dude.

Sometimes I wish it was like Highschool where you could scrap outside the premises, shake hands, and end it. Now a days you can spend a few years in prison just for fighting. Not Worth it...
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #11
Pink
Hello
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 JB/Beige

The crazies are everywhere! It is good that you didn't get out or enrage him even more. I think people see a shiny BMW & think old, thin male until they actually see who is is the car. He is lucky you were not one of the crazies!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 07:19 PM   #12
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
so that was you who cut me off, you bastard!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 07:33 PM   #13
E90T
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philritter21
alright i know i was just talking about how this thing attracts ricers, but it also attracts some other unwanted attention. i pulled in front of this guy, and he got all mad and flipped me off and honked and drove up my rear. and then at the next stop light he got out of his truck and punched my window. but didnt do it again once he saw we were three large athletic college kids. but he still gave me the 'bitch' look as he walked away. so what did i do? i called the police and he suddenly didnt look so tough when he saw us on our phones. we followed him and told the police he pulled into a bank. the cop confronted me first and i pointed him out, and he said that it wouldnt be worth it to file a report, but he said he would take care of the guys bad attitude. the cop got to him just as he was leaving and raced over to him with lights and sirens on and blocked him in, and gave him a good talking to.
Let me get this straight the three of you sat there and watched some guy punch your car?

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 07:34 PM   #14
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

there are two sides to every story. I find it hard to believe that just because you 'pulled in front of him', that he found it so appalling that he had to stop his car, walk up to your car and punch the window, SURE

you probably did something stupid to provoke him, granted, his action was stupid, but I'm sure you weren't behaving like an angel you want us to believe that lead to what happened
Quote:
      12-28-2006, 07:57 PM   #15
siriusinvestor
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
there are two sides to every story. I find it hard to believe that just because you 'pulled in front of him', that he found it so appalling that he had to stop his car, walk up to your car and punch the window, SURE

you probably did something stupid to provoke him, granted, his action was stupid, but I'm sure you weren't behaving like an angel you want us to believe that lead to what happened
What ever he may have done to provoke this action, it is not warranted for the man to use physical violence period. I don't care if someone curses at you with 50 consecutive curses, physical violence isnt warranted unless self defense is necessary. What I think happend is the OP either provoked the man with a curses and then the man aggrivated, looked for the equalizer by trying to damage the OP's BMW. The OP did the correct thing by calling the police, because if him and the "three college built people" tried to assault the man, the OP and his friends would not only be looking at jail time, but that BMW would be taking away from him in order to pay for an attorney for his defense trial. So good job with your actions OP!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #16
littleyellowm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR E90 M3

haha well i did "cut him off" in a way. i pulled into a turn lane and remembered that best buy had moved to the other side of the highway so when i saw that he hesitated to move, i pulled in infornt of him. i had tons of room, i made sure cause i hate cutting people off, but as soon as i started to move over he floored it and ran up on me with his horn blasting and his fingers waving.

but there was no damage to the car, only some hand grease on the window. my friend said that the first thing he thought was not "were in danger" but instead "i cant believe that guy just got the window dirty."

on a side note, i saw a brand new bentley GT on the same trip. you never see any cars like that here in Toledo, Ohio. i gave him a thumbs up and he gave me one back.

The original user of the animated Bert and Ernie avatar. Except no substitutes.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 08:23 PM   #17
wnston1127
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 328i

There are a lot of assholes in this world, they'll get what they deserve sooner or later.
A few months back I saw some guy driving a old beaten up pickup truck give trouble to this 70 year old lady at a parking lot cause she walked behind his car when he was about to pull out. Instead of waiting for her to walk on by, just cause he now has to leave a minute later, he gets out, starts yelling and then pushes the old lady onto ground outta the way of his truck, so I went to stick up for the old lady and this guy decides to act all tough, end of story, he tells me to mind my own business throws in a couple of racial slurs then shoves me, so I broke his arm and punched him to the ground. I helped the old lady to her car and when I got back to mine the guy had just started to inch back towards his own car.
pretty embarrassing being some 6ft+ tall big white guy to get your ass kicked by a tiny 5'8 asian. I shoulda told him I've had 15 years of taekwondo training and 10 of competition before he started running his mouth eh?
Im not a fan of violence, but one too many assholes man. once got pulled out of my car and beaten up cause I was "driving my beemer too close to the reserve". but I'm a firm believer of what goes around comes around.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 08:33 PM   #18
E90T
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
haha well i did "cut him off" in a way. i pulled into a turn lane and remembered that best buy had moved to the other side of the highway so when i saw that he hesitated to move, i pulled in infornt of him. i had tons of room, i made sure cause i hate cutting people off, but as soon as i started to move over he floored it and ran up on me with his horn blasting and his fingers waving.

but there was no damage to the car, only some hand grease on the window. my friend said that the first thing he thought was not "were in danger" but instead "i cant believe that guy just got the window dirty."

on a side note, i saw a brand new bentley GT on the same trip. you never see any cars like that here in Toledo, Ohio. i gave him a thumbs up and he gave me one back.
"attracts unwanted attention" but you cut the guy off.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 09:20 PM   #19
siriusinvestor
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnston1127
There are a lot of assholes in this world, they'll get what they deserve sooner or later.
A few months back I saw some guy driving a old beaten up pickup truck give trouble to this 70 year old lady at a parking lot cause she walked behind his car when he was about to pull out. Instead of waiting for her to walk on by, just cause he now has to leave a minute later, he gets out, starts yelling and then pushes the old lady onto ground outta the way of his truck, so I went to stick up for the old lady and this guy decides to act all tough, end of story, he tells me to mind my own business throws in a couple of racial slurs then shoves me, so I broke his arm and punched him to the ground. I helped the old lady to her car and when I got back to mine the guy had just started to inch back towards his own car.
pretty embarrassing being some 6ft+ tall big white guy to get your ass kicked by a tiny 5'8 asian. I shoulda told him I've had 15 years of taekwondo training and 10 of competition before he started running his mouth eh?
Im not a fan of violence, but one too many assholes man. once got pulled out of my car and beaten up cause I was "driving my beemer too close to the reserve". but I'm a firm believer of what goes around comes around.

I guess its funnier because im asian also....
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 09:25 PM   #20
yemski
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Garage List
2011 1M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnston1127
:rocks: Niice...sounds like the f*cker got what he deserved...how are u gonna push an old lady to the ground! Just watch out for the idiots out there with guns....
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 09:43 PM   #21
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Had something similar happen a few weeks ago.

Sitting in the right lane at a light (my lane ends about 75-100 yards after the light), light turns green and the guy in the left lane floors his Impala. I was in a bit of a hurry since I was leaving the office and had to bartend that night, so I punch it, shoot past him and merge over. I continue along at about 10-15 over, while he drops back.

The next light I got to was red; while I'm sitting there waiting, he pulls up right on my bumper and I see him step out of his car (he's maybe in his 50's, beard, bald, glasses) and he comes walking towards my car. The light just turns green, I chirp the tires and take off. As I took off, he lunged for (and missed) my rear bumper.
What did he think he was going to do?!

Right away the cars lined up behind him started honking and going around him while walked back to his car.
      12-28-2006, 09:57 PM   #22
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

OHIO PEOPLE SUCK!!! I am from columbus, and since I got my 335i, I have had this happen 3 times now (not the punching part). All you have to do is merge, and if the person doesnt like that you have a BMW, he will floor it up to your tail, and honk and flash like an idiot... They try to make you and other around you that you cut them off... but really if you were in any economy car, they could care less... I even had a lady in a minivan not let me merge over on a ramp with a lane that ended soon, I tried to get in front, and she floored it and closed the gap, so I try to get behind her and she paces with me to not let me behind her... so then I floor it up, she floors it to, and then I brake hard and get behind her... she honks at me after I got BEHIND her... then the idiot that was behind her flashes their lights at me!?!? where the heck was I supposed to go, the lane ended! Maybe he was flashing his lights to say "sorry about that bitch that was in front of me"

Ohio drivers have some major road rage...
Appreciate 0