BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #89
serranot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
For those who wonder why BMW drivers are perceived as idiots, one need only read this thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #90
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post

I am meeting with the General Manager for an explanation. If they continue to lie about all those miles being test drives, I will call their BS and write about my experience to BMWNA, as well as on other BMW forums online. If they say they f'ed up and admit fault, then that will be the end of it.

Haven't they already told that they did two test drives?

You're going to take time out of your day to go meet the GM to complain about tge extra 20 miles on a test drive they did on your M3. You must have a lot of free time on your hands.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990450

I realize you're selling your car, rest assured, the extra 20 miles doesnt mean they abused your car and wont affect the value of your car.

Last edited by V1.47fan; 07-13-2014 at 10:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 10:50 PM   #91
malrash
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
Haven't they already told that they did two test drives?

You're going to take time out of your day to go meet the GM to complain about tge extra 20 miles on a test drive they did on your M3. You must have a lot of free time on your hands.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990450

I realize you're selling your car, rest assured, the extra 20 miles doesnt mean they abused your car and wont affect the value of your car.

I have decided to keep it till 2019. Getting BMW EVP Gold for 7yr/70k tomorrow. Selling my current DD, and will drive it everyday.

No more slurs please. I will pursue this on my accord, and will update if something comes out of it. My goal is simply to understand how they drove it for 37 miles, nothing else.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 11:57 PM   #92
franco209
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
I need to vent and also need some advice.

I took my car in today since I was feeling a little shimmy in the steering wheel ever since I had installed new wheels. I did the requisite trouble-shooting and it was still here, so the next step was to get a front wheel alignment.

So, I take the car into BMW of Little Rock with 9849 miles on the ODO, and verified by the fob. They keep the car the entire damn day, and tell me that both front wheels were slightly off, and they roadforce balanced them. They quote me $60 at the outset, charge me a 100 because of some 'extra work' that needed to be done. I get into the car and the mileage reads 9886!! They drove 37 miles testing driving the damn thing?!? and consume an eight of a tank of gas in the meanwhile.

I asked for an explanation, and instead of offering an explanation, the manager tells me that 'maybe' the tech took 2 or more test drives to make sure the alignment was right. I don't think even 2 test drives can rack up 37 miles.

I am pissed. Its not the miles or the gas, it's the fact that I don't know if they abused the car, plus I can't trust them anymore. They are the only dealership for 200 miles around me. I need help digesting this and putting this into perspective, or should I write to BMWNA?

What do you guys think?
That's the reason I have an on-board camera installed.

One time i had my tires change at a small local shop. I caught the installer had a small fun at the back of the shop. Not bad enough to hurt my feeling, but at least I know no damage was being done.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 01:33 AM   #93
MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
You're being ridiculous. Enjoy your car that is fixed.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 08:54 AM   #94
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
I have decided to keep it till 2019. Getting BMW EVP Gold for 7yr/70k tomorrow. Selling my current DD, and will drive it everyday.

No more slurs please. I will pursue this on my accord, and will update if something comes out of it. My goal is simply to understand how they drove it for 37 miles, nothing else.
Stop playing the victim, the slur are your comments against BMW of Little Rock.

noun
plural noun: slurs
1. an insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation.
"the comments were a slur on the staff"
Appreciate 0