BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

BPM

12-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #23
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
yeah, im about to cry at how much of a monumental jackass you are. as far as me believing everything i read; how the fuck can you claim that the PS3 "has been known as the best blue ray player for quite sometime now"? have you used every blu-ray player in the world? chances are that youre basing that statement off a review or article you read. my precious xbox? really now? you make it sound as if i condemn the PS3 as a shit machine. however, if you actually read the thread like a good little boy, youll notice i actual compliment it.
I am basing that off multiple articles and reviews. Not just one. If you are saying you don't think it has been the best blueray player until this point, you have obviously been living under a rock.

I did read the thread and saw you realize there are pros and cons to each system which is obviously the case. My original post was not to put down the 360. For the money, it's a great buy. I was calling out phantom on his outlandish 'factual' claims.

Peace.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #24
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
I am basing that off multiple articles and reviews. Not just one. If you are saying you don't think it has been the best blueray player until this point, you have obviously been living under a rock.

I did read the thread and saw you realize there are pros and cons to each system which is obviously the case. My original post was not to put down the 360. For the money, it's a great buy. I was calling out phantom on his outlandish 'factual' claims.

Peace.
no harm no foul. nice car btw
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #25
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post

Peace.

Quote:
Wow, are we bad at making predictions of what the Nielsen VideoScan charts -- courtesy of Home Media Magazine -- are going to do. We thought we were going to see another ho-hum week like the last few, and then Batman went and made us fall out of our chair by single handily giving Blu-ray the best week it's ever had in the four months we've been tracking the market share. Another first this week is something that Hollywood expects to see more often -- but is too early to call a trend -- is the fact that while DVD sales are down for the week, Blu-ray is up. Now we realize right up front that a big part of the reason for this is because Batman Begins has been out on DVD for, forever, and was just released for Blu-ray this week. But you can take a look at Batman: Gotham Knight and see that head to head, the new release netted the same result as the overall share at 12 percent. This can only be a good sign for Blu-ray in regards to the future of packaged media, but again we'll remind everyone that 7 of the top 20 titles on DVD are not available on Blu-ray. Looking forward, most of the new releases should be available on Blu in the coming months, so we'd be very surprised if Blu-ray couldn't keep up this pace going into the holiday season where it really looks like it'll have the opportunity to take off.
-engadget
Oh I'm sorry, it was 88% of consumers, not 90%

Why don't YOU do your research before calling me out on my "outlandish" claims.

If you want, I'll find the 360 outselling the PS3 source too...if you still think my claims are outlandish.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #26
marty_mcfly
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

i own both but find myself playing the xbox 360 more. of course its only MY opinion
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #27
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_mcfly View Post
i own both but find myself playing the xbox 360 more. of course its only MY opinion
definitely, they're both amazing systems, but we're arguing the facts of which is a better value...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #28
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

Here is a list of the exclusive games on each system, you can decide which you would like to own more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_exclusives

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...n_3-only_games
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #29
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
DAMN, I thought the tuning wars were bad. Gaming fanboys are worse than evar.... anywayss...here's my opinion. I am a PS3 owner btw:

When it comes to GAMING in general, the XBox 360 wins hands down. It has a vast library of titles, and it's online gaming is top notch. Yes, the PS3 service is free, but I haven't had good experiences with it. If you want a GAME CONSOLE, which we are talking about here, get the XBOX.

When it comes to a Home Theater Media system, I think the PS3 wins. It plays Blu-ray movies (and yes, I buy them and collect them... around 40 and counting). DVDs suck now in terms of picture and sound quality. I don’t care if you have upscaling (the PS3 does this too), BD is the superior format now. The media sharing in the PS3 is quick and seamless as well, and with the extra USB slots, an external hard drive can easily be used to expand the machines memory for movies, music, pictures, etc.

TBH, I’m not that much into gaming (I have a few like Gran Turismo Prologue, Resistance 1 + 2). They are fun, yes, but I find myself using it more for media (downloaded content, BD movies). As for the OP, if you want gaming, I HIGHLY suggest you go for the Xbox. If not, then get a PS3.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 01:17 PM   #30
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

Thanks for that mini-review. I never argued that the 360 was a better media-house....although if you hook it up to the media center on your PC, it can be to an extent, but again, no blu-ray.

Point is, majority of the people are ever so slowly flocking to the blu-ray side. The premium for Blu-ray DVDs over normal DVDs cannot be justified by those just looking to watch a movie. I mean really, how many middle-class consumers own a blu-ray player right now? Not many, partly because they're content with what they have. Once their income increases, their utility will decrease with normal DVDs and they will want to move up to the Blu-ray....

Anyhow, the next-gen consoles will be coming in a few years...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #31
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...ummet_sne.html

"Alone among the three major videogame consoles, sales of the PS3 are down about 19% from November 2007, according to the latest stats from the NPD Group. Sony was only able to sell 378,000 PS3s this November, compared to 466,000 last year.

And the problem for Sony isn't the recession, it's the PS3. Microsoft (MSFT) put up respectable numbers with its Xbox 360, selling 836,000 units vs 777,000 in November 2007. And Nintendo's (NTDOY) Wii continues to dominate the market, more than doubling sales from 981,000 to 2.04 million."

/thread.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #32
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130145
      12-17-2008, 02:55 PM   #33
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #34
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Hard for me to judge now, im loosing interest in Video games, i own PS3, there are seriously no good games.

The good games are also available on X360, I Have Metal Gear Solid PS3, but the game was heavily over rated, it's too boring......and this is coming from someone who is/was a die hard Metal Gear series fan since 1998

Wi-Fi is easy to setup, just know your network password thats all.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #35
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
DAMN, I thought the tuning wars were bad. Gaming fanboys are worse than evar.... anywayss...here's my opinion. I am a PS3 owner btw:

When it comes to GAMING in general, the XBox 360 wins hands down. It has a vast library of titles, and it's online gaming is top notch. Yes, the PS3 service is free, but I haven't had good experiences with it. If you want a GAME CONSOLE, which we are talking about here, get the XBOX.

When it comes to a Home Theater Media system, I think the PS3 wins. It plays Blu-ray movies (and yes, I buy them and collect them... around 40 and counting). DVDs suck now in terms of picture and sound quality. I don’t care if you have upscaling (the PS3 does this too), BD is the superior format now. The media sharing in the PS3 is quick and seamless as well, and with the extra USB slots, an external hard drive can easily be used to expand the machines memory for movies, music, pictures, etc.

TBH, I’m not that much into gaming (I have a few like Gran Turismo Prologue, Resistance 1 + 2). They are fun, yes, but I find myself using it more for media (downloaded content, BD movies). As for the OP, if you want gaming, I HIGHLY suggest you go for the Xbox. If not, then get a PS3.
You should've seen the politics section during the election. I was actually scared to go in there.
      12-17-2008, 03:39 PM   #36
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

I own both as well. With the PS3, I use it as a Blu-ray player, it shows better image quality in most games, I like the controller better, and GT5 Prologue = WIN . With the Xbox 360, I like the online play a million times better, loading times are faster, and I whore gamerscore points. Also, there are sooo many more games exclusively for the Xbox that I like.
      12-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #37
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by news 4 u View Post
You should've seen the politics section during the election. I was actually scared to go in there.
lol, oh come on...what is life without a good argument or two...you always learn in the end....just don't sound like a total ass and you'll be fine.
Appreciate 0