BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #463
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

I read an article about Lebron and he talked about why he left after the game w/o saying anything. Since the game, a lot of folks called him a poor sport because they said that if Cavs would've won, Lebron would be out smiling and posing in an expensive suit.

Lebron said that he was mad and sad since he is a competitor and that is his nature. When asked about his future with the Cavs, he said no comment. He just wants to take some time off from basketball to spend with his family.

The Cavs can extend his contract in July, but I doubt he will sign. After all, it's a business and like Wu said..cash rules everything around me!

Lebron averaged nearly 40 points per game in the series and they still lost. That is truly a one man show. Sure they had a little spurt from West, Williams, etc. every now and then, but nothing consistent.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #464
jhv
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

if lamar doesnt return, bring james to LA
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #465
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
if lamar doesnt return, bring james to LA
I'm sure his deal or Kobe deal would be record breaking of some sort. This is the kid that signed a 70 million dollar shoe deal with Nike before he even got drafted into the NBA.

I'd love to have Lebron in L.A. Maybe I will be a Laker fan again, lol. The last Lakeshow squad I liked had Jones, Divac, Johnson, Van Exel, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #466
jhv
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

noooo i just heard the rumor that james might be heading to the knicks lol
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #467
shahsk30
Banned
Rep
Drives: slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
noooo i just heard the rumor that james might be heading to the knicks lol
he said he isn't leaving the cavs yet. maybe this summer, something might happen
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #468
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Honestly, as lifelong Knicks fan, I don't know what i'd do if we got Lebron.

I'd enjoy winning, but there's nothing I hate more than some of these fairy ass Knicks fans that you see at the Garden. I only make it to a few games a year (I live 500 miles away), and do you believe the yuppies at Madison Square Garden actually gave me a funny look for booing KG during the player intros? We actually beat them though. I got into a verbal argument with some little Boston fan. You lakers fans would've been proud.

But as I was saying, the bandwagoners would drive me insane.

It's going to be down to Cleveland and NY. He's not going to come to LA to play in Kobe's shadow. Nor would the Lakers ever let Kobe go. If Cleveland doesn't do better next year, I'd say he walks. Seriously, you can say what you want about the Knicks being a bad team... Cleveland without Lebron would be a 12 win team at best. Plus, we're the most valuable franchise in the league, even when we suck. If we were good... shieet.

No way in hell he's going to sign the extension this year though. We'll know his future when he becomes a FA next june.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #469
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

That rumor's been around for a minute, dude.

It's no secret that Lebron is in love with Jay-Z, and vice versa. 2 rumors...one says that Lebron will be going to the Knicks. The other says Jay-Z will move Nets to Brooklyn and will acquire Lebron. IMO, either of those move will suck because sure he will get the bread, but is he getting closer to getting the ring?

If Lebron can have a supporting player that's decent, something like a Scottie...it would be so unfair. Hell if Lebron had Odom to work with, the team would easily be above the 500 mark.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #470
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
Honestly, as lifelong Knicks fan, I don't know what i'd do if we got Lebron.

I'd enjoy winning, but there's nothing I hate more than some of these fairy ass Knicks fans that you see at the Garden. I only make it to a few games a year (I live 500 miles away), and do you believe the yuppies at Madison Square Garden actually gave me a funny look for booing KG during the player intros? We actually beat them though. I got into a verbal argument with some little Boston fan. You lakers fans would've been proud.

But as I was saying, the bandwagoners would drive me insane.

It's going to be down to Cleveland and NY. He's not going to come to LA to play in Kobe's shadow. Nor would the Lakers ever let Kobe go. If Cleveland doesn't do better next year, I'd say he walks. Seriously, you can say what you want about the Knicks being a bad team... Cleveland without Lebron would be a 12 win team at best. Plus, we're the most valuable franchise in the league, even when we suck. If we were good... shieet.

No way in hell he's going to sign the extension this year though. We'll know his future when he becomes a FA next june.
Yep..Kobe is going to be a Laker for life. West didn't bring the 17 yr old to L.A. to only have him leave 14 years later.

The catch is that there isn't too many well off teams that can afford Lebron without letting some players go to free up the budget. So ultimately he will be the one carrying his team, again.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #471
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
ok.. he played in the all star 1 time..does that make him a all star now?

the reason why the cavs lost against the magics is because mo williams and west did not do what they usually did during the regular season.. they usually average close to 45% field goal but during the series against the magics mo williams average 36%
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #472
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

I think what Lebron will learn from this postseason is that the only chance he has at winning a title is on a solid team or if he is paired up with another star (Wade, Bosh,Melo...). It is doubtful that the Cavs will be able to make the right acquisitions this offseason to get what Lebron needs around him to win it all in 2010, because of this I think the Cavs front office is in a very tough situation. The Cavs know if they dont win it in 2010, then the chances of Lebron leaving are greater, but at the same time they dont want to spend all their money this off season and then not be a player in the summer 2010 free agency.

Lebron is good friends with Wade, Bosh, Melo and the summer olympic guys, so I'm sure he'll be talkn with them about whether they will stay with their teams. My prediction... Lebron doesnt want to upset his hometown fans and leave them, i see him re-signing with Cleveland next summer and convincing Bosh to come to cleveland. I really can't see Wade and Lebron pairing up because they see each other has the 2 best players in the league (which they are) and they should remain rivals.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #473
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

I think every single team should have one superstar on the team. More than that and it doesn't work out too well. Look at 'Melo and AI. Or Lakers with Kobe, Payton, Malone.

I think someone like Kidd would really compliment Lebron quite well.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 02:35 AM   #474
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
ok.. he played in the all star 1 time..does that make him a all star now?

the reason why the cavs lost against the magics is because mo williams and west did not do what they usually did during the regular season.. they usually average close to 45% field goal but during the series against the magics mo williams average 36%
Are you stupid? He was an all-star this year that makes him an all-star. Are you just making up rules to argue your case?

Pau Gasol, is he an all-star? He's only made it two times. Before this year he only made it one time.

The reason why the Cavs lost is because of the Magic, you need to give them credit. The matchups were a problem.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 02:39 AM   #475
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
I think every single team should have one superstar on the team. More than that and it doesn't work out too well. Look at 'Melo and AI. Or Lakers with Kobe, Payton, Malone.

I think someone like Kidd would really compliment Lebron quite well.
More than one superstar doesn't do well?

Kobe Shaq?
Tim Duncan + Tony Parker (Finals MVP/All-star), Manu Ginobili (All-star)
Showtime Lakers?
80s Celtics?
Lakers, with an old GP (no longer a superstar) and an injured Malone went to the NBA finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
That rumor's been around for a minute, dude.

It's no secret that Lebron is in love with Jay-Z, and vice versa. 2 rumors...one says that Lebron will be going to the Knicks. The other says Jay-Z will move Nets to Brooklyn and will acquire Lebron. IMO, either of those move will suck because sure he will get the bread, but is he getting closer to getting the ring?

If Lebron can have a supporting player that's decent, something like a Scottie...it would be so unfair. Hell if Lebron had Odom to work with, the team would easily be above the 500 mark.
Someone decent? Scottie Pippen was a superstar. Hate to break it to you, but he was far more than decent. Scottie was chosen as one of the top 50 players of all-time and probably is the best defensive small forwards ever. The Chicago Bulls also had Horace Grant who was an excellent player, knockdown shooters around them at all times, plus Dennis Rodman who was one of the best rebounders/defenders of all-time.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 02:45 AM   #476
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine3 View Post
I think what Lebron will learn from this postseason is that the only chance he has at winning a title is on a solid team or if he is paired up with another star (Wade, Bosh,Melo...). It is doubtful that the Cavs will be able to make the right acquisitions this offseason to get what Lebron needs around him to win it all in 2010, because of this I think the Cavs front office is in a very tough situation. The Cavs know if they dont win it in 2010, then the chances of Lebron leaving are greater, but at the same time they dont want to spend all their money this off season and then not be a player in the summer 2010 free agency.

Lebron is good friends with Wade, Bosh, Melo and the summer olympic guys, so I'm sure he'll be talkn with them about whether they will stay with their teams. My prediction... Lebron doesnt want to upset his hometown fans and leave them, i see him re-signing with Cleveland next summer and convincing Bosh to come to cleveland. I really can't see Wade and Lebron pairing up because they see each other has the 2 best players in the league (which they are) and they should remain rivals.
Wade isn't the 2nd best player in the league and it's not even close.

You really think a small-market team like the Cavs will sign two max contract players? I don't see Bosh going to Cleveland.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #477
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
More than one superstar doesn't do well?

Kobe Shaq?
Tim Duncan + Tony Parker (Finals MVP/All-star), Manu Ginobili (All-star)
Showtime Lakers?
80s Celtics?
Lakers, with an old GP (no longer a superstar) and an injured Malone went to the NBA finals.

Someone decent? Scottie Pippen was a superstar. Hate to break it to you, but he was far more than decent. Scottie was chosen as one of the top 50 players of all-time and probably is the best defensive small forwards ever. The Chicago Bulls also had Horace Grant who was an excellent player, knockdown shooters around them at all times, plus Dennis Rodman who was one of the best rebounders/defenders of all-time.
Yes, Pippen was more than a sidekick. But IMO that's all he will ever be considered since he played next to MJ. Like I stated before, the Bulls line up was unreal with the supporting cast. He was obviously a great player, otherwise he wouldn't have been on the original dream team.

The list of teams you posted are great examples, but look at the 'superstars', not just All Stars...primo donnas will clash sooner or later, ie the beef with Kobe and Shaq. By 'superstar', for a lack of a better word, I mean the household names to those who aren't too familiar with the basketball world.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #478
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
You really think a small-market team like the Cavs will sign two max contract players? I don't see Bosh going to Cleveland.
Yes, yes they will.

Dan Gilbert is extemely commited to winning and building a dynasty. The guy will drop the coin as soon as the right guy/guys are available. A lot of players also openly said they want to play with Lebron, he's a major draw. They took the vote at the all-star game. Lebron won hands down as the most popular player and most want to play with guy. The small-market talk is also garbage. With ESPN, the internet, twitter, etc. their is no such thing as small markets unless the player cares more about shopping, amenities, and where they live during the season besides the fact that most of the NBA teams would be considered a "small-market" since the only "big-markets" are NY, LA and Miami. He won't be in LA, Miami is unlikely and in NY he would be in an even worse position carrying a team then he is in Cleveland. He'll be taking 3 steps back going to the Knicks or even the new Brooklyn Nets.

The Cavs also have a good amount of contract space opening up with Szerbiack being unrestricted, Wallace talking retirement, Varejao likely trying to opt out and test the market(which is extremely dumb of him but I'm all for it) and Ilgauskis may even take a shot at the free market, if not he only has 1 year left and he's getting dropped fast. Lebron is their only big ticket guy and the guys they overspent on are basically 1 foot out the door, everyone else is just paid average. The Cavs will easily have the cap space for 1 big name + 1-2 above average guys like Mo Williams, or they'll go after 2-3 major role players if no big names are available.

Lebron will be staying in Cleveland also because of the new Chinese investors that bought 15% of the Cavs. James wants to be the first billion dollar athlete and he know the only way he'll do that is with the help of the Chinese market. He know has the Chinese investors at his door step to bring him the money. To walk from this easy opportunity would go against everything he has been saying for years let alone turning his back on the entire region that helped build him.

The Cavs will be better next year. If anyone doesn't believe that their insane. This isn't rocket science. The writing is on the wall, everyone is just choosing to ignore it.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #479
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Yes, yes they will.

Dan Gilbert is extemely commited to winning and building a dynasty. The guy will drop the coin as soon as the right guy/guys are available. A lot of players also openly said they want to play with Lebron, he's a major draw. They took the vote at the all-star game. Lebron won hands down as the most popular player and most want to play with guy. The small-market talk is also garbage. With ESPN, the internet, twitter, etc. their is no such thing as small markets unless the player cares more about shopping, amenities, and where they live during the season besides the fact that most of the NBA teams would be considered a "small-market" since the only "big-markets" are NY, LA and Miami. He won't be in LA, Miami is unlikely and in NY he would be in an even worse position carrying a team then he is in Cleveland. He'll be taking 3 steps back going to the Knicks or even the new Brooklyn Nets.
If the Cavs don't get to the NBA Finals next year I don't think he resigns. Are the Cavs a better playoff team than the Boston Celtics with KG? Orlando with Jameer Nelson? IMO, I don't think so.

Places like LA, Miami, NY, etc are more attractive destinations for players to live in. Florida has no state income tax also. Players state they want to play with Lebron but I won't believe it until someone signs the dotted line. The last big free agent left, Carlos Boozer.

Quote:
The Cavs also have a good amount of contract space opening up with Szerbiack being unrestricted, Wallace talking retirement, Varejao likely trying to opt out and test the market(which is extremely dumb of him but I'm all for it) and Ilgauskis may even take a shot at the free market, if not he only has 1 year left and he's getting dropped fast. Lebron is their only big ticket guy and the guys they overspent on are basically 1 foot out the door, everyone else is just paid average. The Cavs will easily have the cap space for 1 big name + 1-2 above average guys like Mo Williams, or they'll go after 2-3 major role players if no big names are available.

Lebron will be staying in Cleveland also because of the new Chinese investors that bought 15% of the Cavs. James wants to be the first billion dollar athlete and he know the only way he'll do that is with the help of the Chinese market. He know has the Chinese investors at his door step to bring him the money. To walk from this easy opportunity would go against everything he has been saying for years let alone turning his back on the entire region that helped build him.

The Cavs will be better next year. If anyone doesn't believe that their insane. This isn't rocket science. The writing is on the wall, everyone is just choosing to ignore it.
It'll be interesting to see what happens in the free agent market. I've heard that about the Chinese investors also. I question whether the Cavs will be better than the other two teams I mentioned. I guess we will see.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #480
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Quote:
Wade isn't the 2nd best player in the league and it's not even close.

There's no way Boozer returns to the Cavs after his ugly departure. I dont see the Cavs winning the east next year, but I think Lebron is smart enough to realize there's nothing on the Knicks and its not worth starting over there, he probably wont team up with Wade... so that really only leaves the Nets (JayZ), the Bulls, and the Cavs. I think Lebron realizes how special he is in Ohio and that he will be able to convince at least 1 other big player to come to the Cavs. Bosh realizes he cant get it done on his own, I definitely see Bosh going to Miami or Cleveland.

If you followed the 2009 season at all and saw the MVP race, its pretty unanimous that Lebron is the best player in the league. Only Vitamin Water seems to think its up for debate.

I think Wade has overtaken Kobe as the 2nd best player. Since the start of the playoffs you can see that Kobe doesnt have the same quickness and drive to the basket that he had a couple years ago. Wade is now the better defender (check out his steals and blocks for the year), gets to the line more often, and his mid range jumper is as good as kobes now. But Kobe is still the better outside shooter. To say that Wade is not even close to being the 2nd best in the league is ridiculous. The man single brought his team back from down 0-2 to win the NBA finals. Wheres Kobe's Finals MVP?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #481
shahsk30
Banned
Rep

jameer nelson says his going to play in the finals.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #482
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahsk30 View Post
jameer nelson says his going to play in the finals.
I say it's a bad move for the Magic. They have a great thing going now and I think he will mess up their chemistry by not able to play at 100%.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #483
shahsk30
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
I say it's a bad move for the Magic. They have a great thing going now and I think he will mess up their chemistry by not able to play at 100%.
his probably going to play as a reserve and play for less than 15 mins in the game.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #484
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine3 View Post
There's no way Boozer returns to the Cavs after his ugly departure.
I realize that, that's why I mentioned the last free agent was Carlos Boozer (and he left on very bad terms).

Appreciate 0