BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

07-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket

Assholes like these deserve to be raped by a fat truck driver

So my neighbor just got a new Aston Martin Vantage convertible about 2 weeks ago:

He was driving a 996 turbo previously, which he still has, but he wanted an upgrade. Sick ass car.

Fast forward to this 4th of July weekend, I drove back from LA and got back around 2am and was too tired to really pay attention to anything, so I'm not sure whether it happened before I got back or after, but apparently the same night/morning, some fuckers sneaked into our building's garage and decided to be stupid and broke into some cars and slashed the canopies of the convertibles in our garage.

Yup, you guessed it, my neighbor's Aston got hit:

Seriously...WTF?!?!?! I don't get why asshole's have to do this for no reason. If that was my car I'd get the security tapes and spend day and night tracking these fuckers down and run them over.
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Damn, that sucks. I bet it's going to cost quite a bit to get it replaced.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

It's just people man... completely sucks, but honestly if they were with intent to harm, that could have been much worse.

Not saying that a top for an Aston isn't a $x,000.00 fix, but imagine of all of that bodywork was all keyed up.

Nice car. BTW.

We have the same sort of isht in my buildings garage. Unfortunately it is open to the "paying" public since it's a good revenue generator. On the weekends its chock full of lousy parkers how have come downtown to party (and presumably leave drunk).

I can't wait to move in a few weeks. When my wife and I were purchasing a place one of my requirements was that it absolutely had to have a private garage.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Better the top than the paint IMO
      07-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
+1

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Missing the point. Don't fuck with other people's stuff. Period.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Missing the point. Don't fuck with other people's stuff. Period.
Didn't miss the point at all, but since the damage is already done, top>paint
      07-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I guess yea it could've been worse. But it shouldn't have been at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #9
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Gas those fools.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #10
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

File police report. Call insurance company. New roof in just a couple days. Not a big deal. Difference between people with a lot of money and some of you guys, is they don't require vindication. A new roof is enough.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
That's a mindset I hope I'll never adopt no matter how much money I have. Just because someone can afford something doesn't mean shit. Like once my friend stood me up from picking me up from the train station and didn't tell me. Response was "take a cab - you can afford it"
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #12
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
File police report. Call insurance company. New roof in just a couple days. Not a big deal. Difference between people with a lot of money and some of you guys, is they don't require vindication. A new roof is enough.
what are you trying to say here? that money is no big deal? who cares? not the point here. even if i had big money, i don't care if it's just chump change to get a new roof. the fact is these guys are breaking into and vandalizing your property. i'd still be pissed as hell and would optimally want to find the people responsible. sure, it's not realistic, but if i don't, what does that say? eff it, no big deal, scratch my shit up and i'll just replace it? imo it's a big deal no matter what, people are fucking with your personal property and entering your private space.
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #13
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

You're all missing the point. Let the police do their job. You think you can track these asshole down? Honestly? That is how you would like to spend your time. Vandals/Theives are scum, but to waste your energy contemplating how to hunt them down/get revenge, is very immature. You're not batman, you're not sherlock holmes, and you are damn sure not making an adult decision by dedicating anymore time to the issue beyond insurance claim and police report.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #14
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I never said anything about getting revenge...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #15
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
+10 there are better ways to use your time.
      07-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #16
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
That's a mindset I hope I'll never adopt no matter how much money I have. Just because someone can afford something doesn't mean shit. Like once my friend stood me up from picking me up from the train station and didn't tell me. Response was "take a cab - you can afford it"
That's not what he was even talking about. He was talking about those people that would spend day and night hunting someone down. He didn't mean that they don't care because they can afford it. I understand what he was saying completely, and it had nothing to do with not appreciating what you have or respecting the value of a dollar.

You were too wrapped up in what you were saying to realize that he wasn't even referring to what you said. Reading comprehension is a beautiful thing.
      07-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #17
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're all missing the point. Let the police do their job. You think you can track these asshole down? Honestly? That is how you would like to spend your time. Vandals/Theives are scum, but to waste your energy contemplating how to hunt them down/get revenge, is very immature. You're not batman, you're not sherlock holmes, and you are damn sure not making an adult decision by dedicating anymore time to the issue beyond insurance claim and police report.
wow, taking it to the next level. somebody needs to chill out and not take things so literally.

did you really think i meant to literally track and hunt these guys down, contemplate my revenge, break their arms, catch them in a net?? do you really think anyone would really go out and be batman?? of course it would be the police doing the work. geez relax buddy.

what i'm trying to get across is that i'd be fucking pissed as hell and would want these guys to be caught. this isn't even my car.

i'll clear it up here, this is what i originally wrote "If that was my car I'd get the security tapes and spend day and night tracking these fuckers down and run them over." that, along with my follow up post is meant to express how angry and how upset i'd be, not literally what i'd be doing. i mean i'd def would like the people responsible caught, but obviously this would be for the proper authorities.

look, i posted this to show how fucking retarded some people are, how stupid this is, and what happened to my neighbor's brand new car. i'd expect other owners to be pissed too and some kind of rage to be brewing in their head if they got a beautiful new car just 2 weeks ago and suddenly someone breaks in to your property and decide to just fuck up your car for no reason, not even steal anything. sure it's better than getting the paint job fucked up, but nevertheless, it's still a fucked up thing.

i didn't post this to express the type of revenge shit i'd be carrying out or start a debate on the type of actions i'd be doing, or argue what anyone should be doing. this was not the point of the thread.

on the other hand, batman has a lot of money, and i'm sure he'd take matters into his own hands!

Last edited by nightkhan; 07-07-2010 at 05:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #18
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

It's extremely fucked up. It happens everyday. There are jealous, stupid, evil, and desperate people in this world. I was more or less reacting to your, "spend day and night tracking these fuckers down". If you can afford an Aston, your time is much better spent doing what you're good at. Which, in the case of the Aston owner, making money, not wasting time/energy being pissed off at some asshole that should be raped by a fat truck driver. In the end, it is merely an inconvenience that has a simple solution, insurance.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #19
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Think you all need to watch some good ol Randy Pausch

Fast Forward to 6:20 and you'll see what lifes really about

Stop stressing over material things.
You could be dead tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #20
Chest Rockwell
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

I've had my car broken into, I didn't want to hunt them down but I would have given my middle nut to catch them in the act. There are people out there who say "they're just things." Well they're my things so keep your grubby dick-beaters off of them. Cars are my passion, it would be like somebody walking up and keying/slashing your kid. I could give a shit less about your kid, not interested in having one at all, but I empathize with you that it's something you love and don't want to see harmed. Same way I feel about my cars.

The dude in the video has a point, but he was also not driving a $130K car. As long as there are people with nice things there are going to be people who want to destroy those nice things just to be dicks, guess that's why we have insurance.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #21
Fupa92
Do you FUPA?
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

If I caught a group of thugs slashing my tires or keying my paint for no reason, I would:

1) Run to my apartment/house
2) Yell "I'm being attacked"
3) Return with my Beretta and perform a public service

*Seriously you just don't mess with someones car. If they knocked over my mailbox I would let it go but my car... That's war
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #22
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

Fuckers. Anyone who fucks with a mans automobile should burn in hell.

I say an eye for an eye. If someone keyed my car i'd key them.