BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

11-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #397
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Maybe you should return to NAGTROC as they drink the same kool-aid as you.
I just want to comment here, there are suprisingly a lot of level headed guys on NAGTROC, I spent an hour or so just reading threads about the z06's ring times, and the Viper ACR, both (cars and topics/threads) of which were faster and are considered faster in many NAGRTOC threads, it was almost refreshing to see NAGTROC members posting in neutral, or ok with the fact that the GT-R hasn't posted the fastest times and that the GT-R isn't the end all be all. Actually I read a great quote about 5 second ring time variance not being worthy of discussion. It was great to read rational posts, a general sense of reality and confidence that owners have and it sounded more like enthusiasts than fan boys.

Quite a difference between some of the GT-R members reactions you'll find on M3post if ever the status or glory of the GT-R is ever questioned.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #398
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
19 posts and you're already an a$$?
Sorry if i dont believe in the whole, "I need 30,000 posts to disagree and listen to amazingly ignorant statements".

Right is right, wrong is wrong. Many of the pro m3 statements are so way off base its amazing. I simply disagreed. It escalated. Dont even come here and act like the select few M3 advocates are innocent. YOU need to go back and see how it all began in the first place BEFORE you post that way youre not coming in here with half the story.

Quote:
Your argument doesn't make a GTR a super car, imo. It performs like one yes (And, it is a great car), but falls short in other categories; and I'm not talking price. Regardless, the description "supercar" is subjective. Anyone who tracks a GTR knows the issues they have with limp mode and overheating when pressed for extended or semi-extended periods on the track. Maybe you should return to NAGTROC as they drink the same kool-aid as you.

Ill say it again, several professional reviewers, bias and non, have stated the gtr is a supercar.

It does have supercar performance and is a somewhat rare vehicle.
Re read my post. Performance wise, it is. Thats what i said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
I just want to comment here, there are suprisingly a lot of level headed guys on NAGTROC, I spent an hour or so just reading threads about the z06's ring times, and the Viper ACR, both (cars and topics/threads) of which were faster and are considered faster in many NAGRTOC threads, it was almost refreshing to see NAGTROC members posting in neutral, or ok with the fact that the GT-R hasn't posted the fastest times and that the GT-R isn't the end all be all. Actually I read a great quote about 5 second ring time variance not being worthy of discussion. It was great to read rational posts, a general sense of reality and confidence that owners have and it sounded more like enthusiasts than fan boys.

Quite a difference between some of the GT-R members reactions you'll find on M3post if ever the status or glory of the GT-R is ever questioned.

Surprisingly?
Everything went over your head didnt it?
I already told you why people started speaking up on the GTR in the first place. It was getting (needlessly) bashed. Then, the second people oppose the negative viewpoint on the GTR, you act as if they are fanbois.
Amazing...
Did you just ignore all the negative and foolish comments said about the GTR here?

And now youre trying to act self righteous?

lol...come on dude...
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #399
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

I think some people need to read the title to this thread...
      11-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #400
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post
Sorry if i dont believe in the whole, "I need 30,000 posts to disagree and listen to amazingly ignorant statements".

Right is right, wrong is wrong. Many of the pro m3 statements are so way off base its amazing.

Everything went over your head didnt it?
I already told you why people started speaking up on the GTR in the first place. It was getting (needlessly) bashed. Then, the second people oppose the negative viewpoint on the GTR, you act as if they are fanbois.
Amazing...
Did you just ignore all the negative and foolish comments said about the GTR here?

And now youre trying to act self righteous?

lol...come on dude...
I really can't find the negative, foolish comments about the GT-R most of the comments are in jest or tongue in cheek, I think it's really you taking everything personally, you are not your car...try to distinguish the two. When somebody says, the GT-R wasn't for me or isn't a 'super car', it doesn't mean they won't be your friend, or that they don't think you are a super person... - you are a very special person.

I'm not acting self righteous, let's replay the tape (go to post #332)
(btw, no GT-R bashing here)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #401
F10-500
Registered
Rep
Drives: 5er

gtr is too fugly to begin with, let's see, the name nissan reminds us of ugly cars such as these

and when they slap a gtr badge on the back of the car it ends up looking like these

pros:
0 - 60 under 3.5s

cons:
- boys with sausages will always approach you
- makes ricers hard, really hard if you got a ricey kit shipped from japan
- dumbass owners/dreamers back at nagtroc will give you AWESOME car dude!
-tranny and diff could possibly fail at any time, drag racing or taking her to the track, it sucks that much because it's a damn nissan with renault's final touch up
- boys are still trying to get your number and hook up with you, it's all about the 0 - 60 + launch control
- poor quality inside and out
- $2k for the damn rubbers and they handle like shit in the wet
- the awd system overheats
- missin oil cooler
- car is too ugly and only fanbois can spot you on the highway or in parking malls
- the dealer treats you like shit and could possibly kick your door to get it closed right infront of your eyes
- when the tranny fails they send a tech from japan over to ship it back and mail you the invoice and lie to your face and tell you it's not fixable, better get the cheque ready buddy.
- the damn turd is a dick magnet, do you get it ? it turns boys on not girls, STD will be on the way not a baby
- the list is too long it may take a week or two to complete it, but you get the idea ugly + fragile = fail

and if you think you can launch the car whenever you want, you better think twice, cause sooner or later you'll end up pissing all over the track stock or modded, this is nissan's nature in designing poop cars, ready to send $20k ? cause they won't sell you the diff alone, the damn thing along with tranny comes with it

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #402
F10-500
Registered
Rep
Drives: 5er

Quote:
I really can't find the negative, foolish comments about the GT-R most of the comments are in jest or tongue in cheek, I think it's really you taking everything personally, you are not your car...try to distinguish the two. When somebody says, the GT-R wasn't for me or isn't a 'super car', it doesn't mean they won't be your friend, or that they don't think you are a super person... - you are a very special person.

Don't worry about him, he's just a troll that still can't figure out if a toyota supra comes with a v6 or straight six
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #403
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

So basically, if you defend the gtr you are a troll and everyone gets butt hurt.

Sounds a little sissy like to me.

So F10-500, show me where i was trolling and not countering an argument.
Im pretty sure you cant, based on the absolutely off base pics of irrelevant cars.

ex:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1419/e15medium4ou.jpg

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701261661

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1126855&page=6

I just proved you can find people with no taste modifying your cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #404
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
NO. This is only taking one category, performance, into account. If I make my mustang hang with a 458 then it becomes an exotic. Its not running with them that's important its being them that is.
Semantics. Lay down your precise defintion of what a supercar is.
Frankly if a mustang could hang with a 458 it would be a supercar but it can't so its not.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #405
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
ditto.
Nonsense

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #406
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:

You're delusional. You do nothing but bash the car and its admirers.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #407
991GT3
Captain
Rep

cough cough. What did Tiff and Jason just call the GTR again?

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #408
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Frankly if a mustang could hang with a 458 it would be a supercar but it can't so its not.
you can make a mustang hang with a 458 easily at the track. just throw enough money at the brakes, suspension and engine and it will. that doesnt make the mustang a super car it is just a mustang made to perform like a super car just what a gtr does. a car has to do more than go fast and handle well to be a super car. is an 8 sec civic a super car because it can spank a ferrari straight line? NO. you are confusing performance and the whole package.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #409
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
you can make a mustang hang with a 458 easily at the track. just throw enough money at the brakes, suspension and engine and it will. that doesnt make the mustang a super car it is just a mustang made to perform like a super car just what a gtr does. a car has to do more than go fast and handle well to be a super car. is an 8 sec civic a super car because it can spank a ferrari straight line? NO. you are confusing performance and the whole package.
First off we're talking about stock car. Secondly show me a tuned mustang that can hang with a 458 around a track. Thirdly if you can dig up such a monstoristy tell be the money they put into it. Fourthly check the video I just posted and tell me what Tiff and jason referred to the GTR as again.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #410
991GT3
Captain
Rep

What did Jay just say?

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #411
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
First off we're talking about stock car. Secondly show me a tuned mustang that can hang with a 458 around a track. Thirdly if you can dig up such a monstoristy tell be the money they put into it. Fourthly check the video I just posted and tell me what Tiff and jason referred to the GTR as again.
okay as a stock car a gtr isnt a supercar, it performs like one. take any alms mustang and it will punish a stock 458 on the track but it isnt a super car. it makes no difference if the performance and style was created before or after the purchase. dont get upset with me i like the gtr very much and would seriously consider it but it isnt a supercar.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #412
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
okay as a stock car a gtr isnt a supercar, it performs like one. take any alms mustang and it will punish a stock 458 on the track but it isnt a super car. it makes no difference if the performance and style was created before or after the purchase. dont get upset with me i like the gtr very much and would seriously consider it but it isnt a supercar.
Again what have the very experienced car guys, I just posted, called the GTR?
If you didn't bother they all called the GTR a supercar.
And I'm not getting mad I'm just pointing out that you're mistaken.
And I do value your (and most other peoples) opinions here but we obviously disagree. Hence me calling this semantics.

-2017 Ford Raptor

Last edited by 991GT3; 11-07-2011 at 01:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #413
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
It's the overall stock package. I don't think you will find any mustang, even modded, and esp. a civic that can provide the overall performance in terms of technology, handling and speed that come with a 458, GTR, zr1, etc. Lots of engineering go into these cars that the aftermarket can't really match, esp. for use as a daily driver. We are not talking about stripped down track cars. Mustang and Civics were not engineered that way....nor is an M3. That's the difference. Show me a civic that can take a turn at over 1g like a GTR or can even come close to it's Ring times. No freaken way.

Last edited by erio; 11-07-2011 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #414
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
+1. Hey did you see the 2013 press release today? JDM and US press releases :

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....0-in-272-secs/
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #415
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
+1. Hey did you see the 2013 press release today? JDM and US press releases :

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....0-in-272-secs/

Yeah. Its really disappointing. And nothing like the rumor mill was throwing out there. I don't know if I want the '13 now.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #416
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah. Its really disappointing. And nothing like the rumor mill was throwing out there. I don't know if I want the '13 now.
Yeah I think they are holding off on any major upgrade for a year or two. Knowing Nissan, they probably already have the plans in place.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #417
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
It's the overall stock package. I don't think you will find any mustang, even modded, and esp. a civic that can provide the overall performance in terms of technology, handling and speed that come with a 458, GTR, zr1, etc. Lots of engineering go into these cars that the aftermarket can't really match, esp. for use as a daily driver. We are not talking about stripped down track cars. Mustang and Civics were not engineered that way....nor is an M3. That's the difference. Show me a civic that can take a turn at over 1g like a GTR or can even come close to it's Ring times. No freaken way.
Here is a stock mustang that beat a GT-R and a host of other cars, is this Mustang a "super car" - If a GT-R is a supercar, by your definition so is a Z06 and Boss Mustang

It amazes me easily you guys forget that there are other cars out there that can compete and or beat the GT-R.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...guna-seca.html
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #418
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Here is a stock mustang that beat a GT-R and a host of other cars, is this Mustang a "super car" - If a GT-R is a supercar, by yourdefinition so is a Z06 and Boss Mustang

It amazes me easily you guys forget that there are other cars out there that can compete and or beat the GT-R.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...guna-seca.html

What amazes me is the strawman BS you puke up. I have never said the GTR can beat everything and anything. I have never said the GTR doesn't have flaws. I have defended the car against garbage like "its just a Nissan" "its not a supercar because it doesn't cost a half million dollars" .
What's even more amazing is the fact that you, a non GTR owner, comes on and rips GTR owners when they defend the car they like from purely unhinged crap.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0