BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

06-01-2011, 02:11 AM   #45
SECRET M
Engineer
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^ Hmmm. I thought the seats were spectacular.

Are you a bigger fella/waist/butt? No offense.
They are the sportiest SUV seat I have ever been on. I am a medium waist/butt fella though.

The Cayenne is narrow compared to most which I like for parking.
If you want bigger and value get a Tahoe and a CPO 911...

If the person at the dealer really said "let's go look at a real Porsche" then he/she is an idiot. First of all it puts doubt into you the buyers eye and it just happens to be their hottest selling vehicle I think.
none taken. i'm not a large guy, but i'm not small either. when i mentioned that i thought i might like the cayenne but after sitting in it, i wasn't sure, i didn't mean the seats were bad.

i think i've moved away from the idea of trying to get an economical SUV. i've somewhere between the cayenne and the range rover. i like the cayenne, but like i said, it feels really too sporty, and i feel like comfort is being sacrificed. also i'm not sure the beautifully sculpted front end can outweigh the nissan murano-like rear end.. so sad..

for me the big unknown with the range rover is reliability and day to day drive. the front and rear end on the range rover sport is beautiful and the interior is equally as beautiful.

it troubles me though that everyone here is really into the porsche. maybe i'm missing something.
      06-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #46
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Are you a bigger fella/waist/butt? No offense.
They are the sportiest SUV seat I have ever been on. I am a medium waist/butt fella though.
Offtopic but I'm 5'10 (around 180cm) weighing 80kg(176 pounds) heavy. Is that medium or heavy??
      06-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #47
TimZ
Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Alex View Post
i mean u can pick up an x5m for the price of a well equipped cayenne s or cayenne s hybrid lol

It puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #48
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep
Drives: Diesel Son

Touareg
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #49
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
Touareg
Touareg is a good option but there are several things going against it with the 2012 model.

VAG has decontented it dramatically (as with all their USA bound vehicles.) There is no more Executive trim for the US (which included several good options.) You can't get a CD changer if you get Nav. Instead you only get a single CD player that's inside the glove box. And there are no more stand alone options. You only can buy it in Sport, Sport with Nav, and Lux. All packaged trims.

In addition they removed the 4X-Motion and no longer have a real locking differential (it's now a basic Torsen style AWD.) So it's no longer the off road 4x4 king that it once was. And now you're also stuck with a huge (and top heavy) glass pano roof unless you get the very base model which comes with nothing. With the Cayenne you can opt out of a pano or a moonroof altogether.

Plus you have VWoA to deal with and sketchy reliability and build quality.

The Treg is a great looking truck, with a nice interior plus decent handling. And you have a TDI choice. But they are still relatively high priced. But you can carefully option out a Cayenne for a reasonable price. And with the Cayenne you have a much better suspension and a wider choice of stand-alone options. Granted it does cost more, but you do get a lot more in the end. And you deal with PCNA and have better dealership service (and knowledge.)
Appreciate 0