BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

03-31-2024, 05:59 PM   #1
Ohnoitseric
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP E92

Which GESI cats for my MS X-pipe?

Hi everyone, i’m looking to add some cats to my macht schnell x to quiet it down a bit. It’s being paired up to my Meisterschaft GT2 so rasp is the big issue. My question is, GESI offers their 300/400 cell cats in 2.5 and 3inch in/outlets. I recently figured out that AFE uses their 300 cells (3 inch in/outlet) on their 2.5inch x pipe. Any reason they stepped up to the 3 inch cat? Is there any reason i shouldn’t go with a 2.5inch cat, since the MS x-pipe is 2.5? I don’t see why not but figured i’d ask. I’d also like to keep the CEL off since emissions is still on my mind so would the 400 cells be the better choice (like the AA x-pipe)? Or would the 300 cells do the job and keep the light off? I will be placing them in the primary position. They’re also both the high output epa certified cats. Any input appreciated!

Last edited by Ohnoitseric; 03-31-2024 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 0