BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

06-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #23
huyner328
Former N54 Fanatic
Rep
Drives: Slow

Garage List
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....50191850512062

Does that work?
      06-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #24
J-9
Converting 93 octane to noise.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyner328 View Post
Nope.

"This video either has been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings."
      06-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #25
scrummie2
Vagabond
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2000 328Ci Dinan 3  [0.00]
I have it. Ordered it from Tischer last weekend, had them install it because I wanted the service record in the computer. Was $3700 out the door, and they didn't let me double-dip on the CCA discount.

I'll try to get a video up or something this weekend - car is actually in the shop right now for a faulty ICV (for a minute I thought it was exhaust-related).

Initial thoughts?

- It's expensive, true, and it's just a cat back. Car is fast enough for me though, my wife drives it. I mean it's a matter of personal choice - to be honest I went with looks and sound as my top criteria. I drive an E93 so obviously I'm tilting toward the looks over depth line

- Sounds AMAZING. Rumbles at idle, howls pulling through, but doesn't sound blatty at all. I hate blatty exhausts. I have not heard a bad sound come out of it.

- Tips are amazing. Just gorgeous, and it looks great behind the car.

I'll try to get a picture up when I get home and pick up the car at least.
      06-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #26
huyner328
Former N54 Fanatic
Rep

Garage List
Reaching Akra full system prices there, yikes.
      06-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #27
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep
Drives: See my Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Mo 703 View Post
Its Mustafa lol

But Full exhaust system is from the headers on back. From there people can go catless, hfc's, resonators, no resonators it just depends on what you want to do. My miesterschaft had the connecting pipes already installed so i could clamp it right on to my stock xpipe and gintani xpipe when i got that. There is a miesterschaft exhaust that you have to buy the connecting pipes seperatly in that case you just connect them to the meisterschaft and connect it to your stock/aftermarket xpipe. If you don't get the connecting pipes you have to the the pipes right next to where your actual muffler is and just clamp it on to that.

Hopefully these pictures will help, i just did them so it may not be that clear.

Section 1 is where your stock exhaust or aftermarket exhaust (muffler) will be. From there it clamps on to the stock/aftermarket xpipe which is section 2 and both sets of your cats and resonators are located. If you buy a Gintani exhaust (just mufflers) all you have to replace is just section 1 in the white, and it clamps right on to the xpipe.

Let me know if you have anything else, ill try to draw it up a lil better.
OMG... those pics are PERFECT, Mustafa!

It makes a lot more sense to me now what exhaust component is what and where precisely it's located on the E9X M3.

Basically I'm looking for exhaust choices to replace Section 1 only. I'm fine with the stock xpipe and everything else in Section 2 as is.

Replacing Section 1 only would ensure that I won't fail emissions since the cats will still be intact since those are in Section 2, right?

When you say "headers on back"... what has always confused me is the "back". Back means back towards the exhaust tips, right? I've always thought the opposite... looking at the exhaust tips/mufflers I considered that "front" with the cats, etc. being in the "back".

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #28
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
i should be at the june 18 meet, u r welcome to check it out.

yes, can't beat remus for the price. i bought mine for 850 shipped with connecting pipes included, so i pretty much got it for a steal. keep your eyes at the FS thread!!!!
Cool... I'm definitely going to try and make it to that meet. Are people planning on meeting up elsewhere and drive down to the meet together?

$850?????? That's unbelievable!! That's even less than what I paid for my Eisenmann Quad Exhaust when I bought it brand new back in 2002.

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #29
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: my feet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
OMG... those pics are PERFECT, Mustafa!

It makes a lot more sense to me now what exhaust component is what and where precisely it's located on the E9X M3.

Basically I'm looking for exhaust choices to replace Section 1 only. I'm fine with the stock xpipe and everything else in Section 2 as is.

Replacing Section 1 only would ensure that I won't fail emissions since the cats will still be intact since those are in Section 2, right?

When you say "headers on back"... what has always confused me is the "back". Back means back towards the exhaust tips, right? I've always thought the opposite... looking at the exhaust tips/mufflers I considered that "front" with the cats, etc. being in the "back".
yea bro, if you change just section 1 which is the mufflers like Gintani, Eisanman, Remus, Meisterschaft you dont have to touch your stock xpipe. Headers back basically means from the end of the headers where it connects to your xpipe and cat to your mufflers.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #30
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummie2 View Post
I have it. Ordered it from Tischer last weekend, had them install it because I wanted the service record in the computer. Was $3700 out the door, and they didn't let me double-dip on the CCA discount.

I'll try to get a video up or something this weekend - car is actually in the shop right now for a faulty ICV (for a minute I thought it was exhaust-related).

Initial thoughts?

- It's expensive, true, and it's just a cat back. Car is fast enough for me though, my wife drives it. I mean it's a matter of personal choice - to be honest I went with looks and sound as my top criteria. I drive an E93 so obviously I'm tilting toward the looks over depth line

- Sounds AMAZING. Rumbles at idle, howls pulling through, but doesn't sound blatty at all. I hate blatty exhausts. I have not heard a bad sound come out of it.

- Tips are amazing. Just gorgeous, and it looks great behind the car.

I'll try to get a picture up when I get home and pick up the car at least.
Great to meet you, bro and congrats on the Performance Exhaust purchase. What's your name? I'm Navin.

Would definitely like to meet up with you. I'm in Gaithersburg so a bit of a drive from Alexandria... perhaps we could meet up somewhere half way if it's convenient for you.

In the pics I've seen of the Performance Exhaust installed, it looks like the exhaust seem to sit too low... to the point that if you're driving on a speed bump then possibly it could scrape the exhaust? I remember my dad's '97 Camry would scrape... most annoying thing.

Do all M3 exhausts sit that low?

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #31
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yea bro, if you change just section 1 which is the mufflers like Gintani, Eisanman, Remus, Meisterschaft you dont have to touch your stock xpipe. Headers back basically means from the end of the headers where it connects to your xpipe and cat to your mufflers.
Thanks bro! Finally makes sense to me, lol. Changing just section 1 with Meisterschaft and leaving everything else OEM in Section 2 including the xpipe... will I still have a loud exhaust but quieter than yours (since you had the Gintani xpipe)?

I'm leaning away from Eisenmann this time around... had it on my 323i and want to do something different this time around with the E92 M3.

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #32
huyner328
Former N54 Fanatic
Rep

Garage List
These exhausts don't sit that low at all. Nothing to be concerned about.
      06-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #33
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks bro! Finally makes sense to me, lol. Changing just section 1 with Meisterschaft and leaving everything else OEM in Section 2 including the xpipe... will I still have a loud exhaust but quieter than yours (since you had the Gintani xpipe)?

I'm leaning away from Eisenmann this time around... had it on my 323i and want to do something different this time around with the E92 M3.
The Meisterschaft GTS that i had was pretty loud on its own with the stock xpipe, prob one of the loudest rear sections you can get. I got rid of my facebook, but ill try to see if i can find the video of just the muffler setup i had.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #34
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
The Meisterschaft GTS that i had was pretty loud on its own with the stock xpipe, prob one of the loudest rear sections you can get. I got rid of my facebook, but ill try to see if i can find the video of just the muffler setup i had.
pretty loud??? we could hear you from 20 miles away

seriously, it was loud

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #35
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
These exhausts don't sit that low at all. Nothing to be concerned about.
That's good. I'll try and find the picture that made me think the BMW Performance exhaust sat very low.

Quote:
Thanks bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
pretty loud??? we could hear you from 20 miles away

seriously, it was loud
Paul!!! What's up bro! Got my BMW CCA 2011 Member Album last week... me and my 2 baby girls are pictured with my car I believe on page 160.

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #36
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i should be at the june 18 meet, u r welcome to check it out.

yes, can't beat remus for the price. i bought mine for 850 shipped with connecting pipes included, so i pretty much got it for a steal. keep your eyes at the FS thread!!!!
Found this on JLevi's site... carbon fiber inlaid tips... definitely a huge plus if I decide to go Remus Race exhaust
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #37
huyner328
Former N54 Fanatic
Rep

Garage List

There's the Race. Let me know if you wanna hear it in person.
      06-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #38
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for the link... will check out the video when I get home. TOTALLY missed it that you have this exhaust on your M3. Would definitely enjoy meeting you finally, Huy after knowing you over on e46fanatics for years now online.

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #39
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

$3700 OTD, lmao. dealer ripped you off no matter how you look at it, but i guess you dont care much about few hundred.

my exhaust was installed for $40. it's amazing how people just dump their money to the stealerships.
      06-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #40
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
$3700 OTD, lmao. dealer ripped you off no matter how you look at it, but i guess you dont care much about few hundred.

my exhaust was installed for $40. it's amazing how people just dump their money to the stealerships.
Huy/Richard,

Where did you fellas have your exhausts installed? Would be good to meet up with both of you and hear your Remus Race Exhausts on your sedan and coupe respectively.

Huy, your exhaust sounds AMAZING in that video! That's the kind of sound I'm looking for. Do you have just the exhaust or did you upgrade the other components like the xpipe, etc.?

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 07:41 AM   #41
scrummie2
Vagabond
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2000 328Ci Dinan 3  [0.00]
Quote:

Totally. Buddy, even $40 is too much. It's a cat back. Put the car up on blocks and I would have had it on in 2 hours. Like I said, I wanted the service record. Probably never going to be an issue with an OEM part but I've been burned too many times with these local dealers, my mods, and warranty work.
      06-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #42
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Totally. Buddy, even $40 is too much. It's a cat back. Put the car up on blocks and I would have had it on in 2 hours. Like I said, I wanted the service record. Probably never going to be an issue with an OEM part but I've been burned too many times with these local dealers, my mods, and warranty work.
Yea I don't think they can void your warranty for just mufflers and if any SA did that then they are a complete douche and should never touch a BMW ever again. 2 hours though?? It's less than a 30 minute job
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #43
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Huy/Richard,

Where did you fellas have your exhausts installed? Would be good to meet up with both of you and hear your Remus Race Exhausts on your sedan and coupe respectively.

Huy, your exhaust sounds AMAZING in that video! That's the kind of sound I'm looking for. Do you have just the exhaust or did you upgrade the other components like the xpipe, etc.?
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518452

same guy that did my springs
      06-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #44
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
your money, not gona judge
r
Quote:
Yea I don't think they can void your warranty for just mufflers and if any SA did that then they are a complete douche and should never touch a BMW ever again. 2 hours though?? It's less than a 30 minute job
yea, i know right