BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Kitsune
BMW Freshman
United_States
Rep
Drives: (Soon) '10 M3 E92

'Touring' Options?

The BMW M3 is still high on my list and is my fall-back options should I find I either can't find or can't fit into any other vehicles, but I am currently looking into what other options that might be available to me.

I won't list my exact budget, but I will say I probably wouldn't want to go beyond the cost of a F430 (though if you can think of something, go ahead and list it... you never know). I am looking for a 'grand tourer' and while power is nice, it won't be high on my list. I want a car I can take to the track, but I won't expect GTR performance from it.

I'd say my priorities would be in the following order:
Aesthetics (Inside and Out)
Performance
Comfort
Luxury Features (Including Navi)

Top of my list right now is the Maserati GT S and the AM V8 Vantage and the R8 is a possibility, but I think the other two look better.

I don't list the M6 because personally I don't like the look of it compared to the M3 or the others I listed. I'm also open to domestic car companies.

Note I can't fit in the Porsche 911, so I doubt the Cayman is a possibility, though I might go give it a try. (I love the look of it more anyway.)

Convertibles are a no-go as well.

I appreciate any help I can get. I was never into cars until recently when I was given the opportunity to actually acquire one, so I am still learning.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
holson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

IMHO the aston martin vantage is eerily beautiful inside and outside. Especially inside. outside too I guess..

The design is rather safe inside but it just feels so special. The leather, the crooked stitching, the exposed hex bolts, lots of exposed metal.. it's really quite special inside.

The bracing inside the engine bay, the billet oil and fuel filler cap, leather covered seat belt buckles, aluminum ac controls, brushed aluminum rear strut bracing, the full leather dash, suede-ish headliner, french stitching everywhere, the glorious v8 sound, the led running lights up front, the bright finish grille (if u get it)... are just some of the things that i remember

it's a pity that it really doesn't drive like a 911, but it sure feels that much more special.

it's a small car though - try it first....

it's also not as fast as the looks and sound suggest.. but i'm nitpicking here.. if I wanted a fast car, a used C6 Z06 would destroy it (and a lot of other cars really..)