BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

07-28-2022, 06:44 AM   #45
Vuu
Astronaut
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharbag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuu View Post
Any updates?
Still testing. Getting used to how the boost readings have changed since I moved the boost to the Air Pump Inlet location. azn4x4 what kind of readings do you get from the boost tap at this location? I get boost all the time. Makes some sense as the blower is always making flow.

I still feel it is not perfect. Again, if I roll into the throttle, it is great. If I mash the gas, it seems to just struggle making boost. But the roads here are reallllllllyyyyy hard to test on so I need to find some time to go for a rip where I can go WOT for a while.

One other thing we got going on here is some heat - and boy this thing does heat soak in traffic. Running 54C today in bumper to bumper bullshit.

So, as soon as I know more, I will post about it!!!
Thank you!

Let me know what else you find. I know how irritating it is chasing the boost issue. I've been chasing my leak for what seems like a year now.

One thing you can check is your intake hose that leads to the filter.

I helped a member troubleshoot his issue and it was that hose causing issues. Every time he WOT, the hose would collapse and cut out power. It felt like the car was NA.

The whole system is mechanical so there's only a handful of reasons why there's boost issues.

I have my boost tapped at the velocity stack and don't get constant readings. It's at 1 psi below 4K and once I go passed that is when my boost rises.

Hopefully we both find a solution to our problem!
      08-01-2022, 08:43 AM   #46
azn4x4
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharbag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuu View Post
Any updates?
Still testing. Getting used to how the boost readings have changed since I moved the boost to the Air Pump Inlet location. azn4x4 what kind of readings do you get from the boost tap at this location? I get boost all the time. Makes some sense as the blower is always making flow.

I still feel it is not perfect. Again, if I roll into the throttle, it is great. If I mash the gas, it seems to just struggle making boost. But the roads here are reallllllllyyyyy hard to test on so I need to find some time to go for a rip where I can go WOT for a while.

One other thing we got going on here is some heat - and boy this thing does heat soak in traffic. Running 54C today in bumper to bumper bullshit.

So, as soon as I know more, I will post about it!!!
I see 7.5-8 psi. No boost at idle.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 03:47 PM   #47
Scharbag
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Little bit of an update:

I know for sure that there are no boost leaks. See photos. The boost drops at about 1 PSI every 2-3 seconds at 10PSI, not bubbles anywhere.

I recently changed both belt tensioners, just to be sure. There was no evidence of belt slip but tensioners are cheap and easy to change.

Boost line is now tapped to the plenum at the back as discussed. I do see boost peaks with my P3 of up to 9.5PSI.

Still seems to act funny though. With the engine warm but the IATs still low, I still seem to get what feels like it starts to make boost, then it hiccups, then it starts to make some boost again. Sometimes it just feels stronger - and this is usually when I roll onto the throttle gently to WOT. If I hammer on it, that seems to be when the car struggles to make boost consistently. Perhaps I am just losing my mind... But sometimes it just feels right - other times it feels slow - and this is all before any heat soak kicks in with IATs under 40C.

Anyway, now I know there is no boost leak and that there is no way the belts are slipping. BPMSport is the above indicative of a bypass valve issue? If it is, is there anything I can do (other than replace it)?

Thanks again to all that have helped me through this wee bit of an issue.

Cheers,
Attached Images

2011 E92 M3 - 6MT, ZCP, ZF LSD, ESS G1, Some other goodies...
Appreciate 0