BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

06-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
KAVLA
Of all the things iv lost, I miss my M the most!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 SG/ext red interior

I really "hurt" mr SA

So im home watching the eurocup (soccer) last week and im all into the game....And bmw na calls for a survey for my experience with my SA ... So not knowing the importance of this phone call, i replied with 4's out of a scale of 1-5... so a few days later my SA calls me up and let me know that i hurt him$$$ I totally feel like an asss if i screwed him in any way... what do i doo throw him $500.00 for my giving him 4's instead of 5's!!! damn why didn't he let me know that to expect a call!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

You can refer to this similar situation:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...ghlight=accord
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 01:14 AM   #3
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
yeah apparently this is a big deal to them and the dealership.

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 01:21 AM   #4
Sadd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen White M3

guys, can u plz tell me at what stage of the buying process I'll have to fill out that survey??
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
subterFUSE
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Audi R8, 2023 Audi S8

After every service visit you make, BMWNA will phone you a few days later to ask about your visit.

In business school a few years ago I had a class where we discussed customer satisfaction survey theories. One of the points that got made was that on a survey unless you are getting perfect 5/5 ratings, your customers are not really happy. The liklihood of a 4/5 customer to use you again is significantly lower than a 5/5 customer. I'm sure there is some validity to this.

However, what our local dealerships are doing is skewing these results in their favor. They are threatening us with poor service if we don't rate them how they want. I personally find this insulting, and furthermore it is counterproductive. If there is a genuine issue in a service department, one should encourage the customer to bring the issue to the attention of the dealership. This way they can learn from the mistakes and ultimately provide superior levels of service. But instead, they prefer everyone to just say things are perfect all the time.... and actually punish you if you complain about anything.

I'm surprised that BMWNA even allows this practice among dealers. It doesn't yield good information about their service levels. The results are always skewed.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #6
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
The dealership in Maywood NJ never gave a shit when I gave them 1s. It took them months to figure out why my headlight's autoleveling wasnt working. Even when they finally replaced the whole housing they used a Euro spec headlight housing so now I have two mismatched headlight housings. So I gave them 1s again.

This system is screwed up, it doesn't help to give 1s, unless the dealer doesn't care. I don't feel like driving further to find another dealership when the one by me refuses to even do an adequate job. I wish BMWNA would punish the dealers for being this dumb.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #7
White08M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
i got a call from my dealership after my 1200 mile service to ask how my service appt went. I gave them a 1 as well. First of all i went there before work at 7:30, waited over 1 hour for a rental car...when they finally got up to me they handed me the keys to a filthy jeep liberty....thanks rallye...

Not trying to be a snob but when 10 other people roll off in a nice BMW loaner car, it kind of makes me upset when i give them a 70k car to service and they give me a dirty cheap loaner....nothing against jeep just sucked a lil.

Im not one to complain, im in a customer relations business and i hate those kind of people...so i just waited for the phone call..

E92 ///M3/Alpine White/6MT/Tech/VRS Boot Lid/UUC SSK/H&R Sport Drop/Hamann lip/ Remus Race Exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Angry I think I would be the wrong person to send a survey to

I will never forget how I was treated like a red head step child on my M3, they wait two days before my production and kick me back 2 months waiting over a year and a month for production. They just started production on my M3 yesterday, and they have the nerve to rush me to send my check to Germany to them which I will rush and do. But they continue to take their sweet a$$ time and I still got a good long minute to wait before I get it. M3 won't go from the factory to the port like everyone else. It goes to the German dealership sits for a few days, then the shipping company picks up the car and trucks it to the port and sit for a few more days, and then it finally will get on a ship and come to me. I am just full of delays and I am still pissed it took this long but my CA in germany is pretty cool guy.

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 01:38 PM   #9
exadius
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 M3 M-DCT

I wish I had never been warned about those damn surveys. I am so tired of the 10min lecture about how important it was that I score them all 5's. Maybe if they had put that much effort into providing quality customer service they would not have to presure me to lie. Yes one guy actually asked me to lie, after apologizing for making me wait for 45 mins for an appointment he moved up by and hour.

I find it interesting that all manufacture sponsored surveys never ask about there own performance. I had to answer as survey concerning a service appointment with an Audi dealer and the only problem I had was that Audi USA took 30 days to get the part to the dealer. But the carefully worded survey would not allow me to voice my displeasure with Audi's poor parts distribution network.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 09:23 PM   #10
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAVLA View Post
So im home watching the eurocup (soccer) last week and im all into the game....And bmw na calls for a survey for my experience with my SA ... So not knowing the importance of this phone call, i replied with 4's out of a scale of 1-5... so a few days later my SA calls me up and let me know that i hurt him$$$ I totally feel like an asss if i screwed him in any way... what do i doo throw him $500.00 for my giving him 4's instead of 5's!!! damn why didn't he let me know that to expect a call!!!
HE SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU...That is his fault man. Maybe he will tell all of his customers about the survey now. lol

Most (if not all, not sure nowadays) car companies have gone to a performance based payscale for auto sales. Instead of having a delar hold back at a set rate per car, now corporate pays for performance and customer satisfaction. A dealership can make more money that with a holdback rate if they do excellent. If not, it is a bit less. So, they all strive for "5's" for that extra cash. I know about it, but your SA should not have expected you to know about it! He should have told you man....and it was kind of a dick move to call you and tell you about it imho. HE is the one at fault. He should be kicking himself in the ass, not bitching to you about it.
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #11
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadd View Post
guys, can u plz tell me at what stage of the buying process I'll have to fill out that survey??
After delivery. A week or two after most likely
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0