BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

12-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Global Warming Protestor gets Owned!

This really shows how much off base these Greenpiece supporters are!

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wuj_tlRRQdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wuj_tlRRQdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

lol...she went from fluently answering to stuttering half her reply..
      12-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
she's not stuttering, it's just the british accent
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Global warming and climate change is the biggest hoax of the century. Just goes to show how blindly people follow what popular groups and politicians say. There is no scientific proof that making emissions zero would stop climate change. On the contrary, the climate change will get even more deteriorated due to destroyed eco-systems and bird migration patterns due to the proposed nonsensical alternatives (install windmills to generate power) and acid rain as well as high level of emissions caused through production of electric batteries for hybrids.

Climate change has been happening since the beginning of time and will continue till the end of time (how else could have continents been formed?). Nothing will stop it.

We will just end up with boring, bland and appliance hybrid electric cars like Toyota Prius and the climate change nazis will pick another agenda to wipe out in the name of climate change.

p.s. The cars on the road today are 97% more efficient and fuel efficient than the cars on the average back in 1971. A Porsche 911 Turbo/GT3 (270 - 290 gm/km CO2 emissions) would inhale more polluted air in Calcutta or Los Angeles than it expels from the exhaust.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep

More Lord Monckton with Glen Beck here.

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0NIN-PqcsN0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0NIN-PqcsN0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pny6mZAD42E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pny6mZAD42E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
This guys is AWESOME!
      12-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Global warming and climate change is the biggest hoax of the century. Just goes to show how blindly people follow what popular groups and politicians say. There is no scientific proof that making emissions zero would stop climate change. On the contrary, the climate change will get even more deteriorated due to destroyed eco-systems and bird migration patterns due to the proposed nonsensical alternatives (install windmills to generate power) and acid rain as well as high level of emissions caused through production of electric batteries for hybrids.

Climate change has been happening since the beginning of time and will continue till the end of time (how else could have continents been formed?). Nothing will stop it.

We will just end up with boring, bland and appliance hybrid electric cars like Toyota Prius and the climate change nazis will pick another agenda to wipe out in the name of climate change.

p.s. The cars on the road today are 97% more efficient and fuel efficient than the cars on the average back in 1971. A Porsche 911 Turbo/GT3 (270 - 290 gm/km CO2 emissions) would inhale more polluted air in Calcutta or Los Angeles than it expels from the exhaust.
Good to hear we have an expert with all of the facts on our boards

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #8
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Xoible View Post
she's not stuttering, it's just the british accent
She's not british, she's norwegian. She does become quite hesitant after he rebuffs her.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #10
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post

There is no denying that there is a global warming. The question is how much impact human pollution had on it if at all. That's where scientists disagree. Proponents of status quo say humans had no impact while crazed out eco nazis would like us to return to the stone age. I'll agree with you that the auto industry has been IMO unfairly put forward as the main culprit even though they made great improvement in their level of emissions in the last few decades.

Let's face it, a city like London with its millions of inhabitants is facing some serious flooding problems if the level of the Thames River rises a few meters due to a climate change. So apparently it's easier to reduce the emissions to avoid a rise in the river's level as opposed to relocating a whole population.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #11
ching
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Good video. He made her appear very silly.
      12-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #12
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

very interesting stuff!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 01:43 AM   #13
major_kusanagi
SWARM & COIN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR/CF E92 M3

agreed. It's true geoengineering takes a long time to take effect. But that doesn't negate the necessity or utility of it. I want my kid to grow up and see polar bears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
There is no denying that there is a global warming. The question is how much impact human pollution had on it if at all. That's where scientists disagree. Proponents of status quo say humans had no impact while crazed out eco nazis would like us to return to the stone age. I'll agree with you that the auto industry has been IMO unfairly put forward as the main culprit even though they made great improvement in their level of emissions in the last few decades.

Let's face it, a city like London with its millions of inhabitants is facing some serious flooding problems if the level of the Thames River rises a few meters due to a climate change. So apparently it's easier to reduce the emissions to avoid a rise in the river's level as opposed to relocating a whole population.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 07:08 AM   #14
shagkie
Captain
Rep
Drives: a....V8

Quote:
She's not british, she's norwegian. She does become quite hesitant after he rebuffs her.
She got nothing. She has no facts, I just read newspaper and media and listen to people talk. That video is just plain hilarious. The interviewer was constantly exposing how stupid that woman is
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 07:27 AM   #15
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagkie View Post
She got nothing. She has no facts, I just read newspaper and media and listen to people talk. That video is just plain hilarious. The interviewer was constantly exposing how stupid that woman is
Unfortantly she is very typical of the majority of people that only read & listen & believe what the media & politicians feed them.It is a very sad thing as I believe there is a very different agenda going on than we know,with all the global warming hype.

The polar cap videos that the Lord talked about are here.

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosph....1978-2006.mov

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosph....2001-2006.mov
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #16
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

It is quite interesting.... Don't get me wrong - we all need to do the right thing - but it does need to be a shared effort... sometimes I think that Greenpeace contribute more hot air/carbon dioxide than a normal person!
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 07:58 AM   #17
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
It is quite interesting.... Don't get me wrong - we all need to do the right thing - but it does need to be a shared effort... sometimes I think that Greenpeace contribute more hot air/carbon dioxide than a normal person!
Hey Zender, I was thinking....if we burn as much 98 Ultimate as we can in our M3s surely they'll work faster to come up with an alternate fuel source - that's a good thing, isn't it?

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #18
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post
Hey Zender, I was thinking....if we burn as much 98 Ultimate as we can in our M3s surely they'll work faster to come up with an alternate fuel source - that's a good thing, isn't it?

I like the way you think!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #19
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderm3 View Post
I agree with you,but we are not in dire straights like the press & politicians would like us to believe.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #20
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

That is the thing this video is showing that the temperature has NOT gone up according to factual statistical data analysis. Lord Monckton is not the only one saying it. There are plenty of other mathematicians that have deduced that from factual data.

It actually has gone down a few tenths of a celsius in the last 30 years, according to Lord Monckton. Secondly, environmental change is inevitable since it has always happened since the beginning of time and will continue to happen until the end of time. It is just that the tree-huggers and politically motivated groups have distorted the facts. As a matter of fact, the rate of increase in pollution has decreased immensely in the last 15 years in western countries while it increased in the poor nations due to increasing poverty leading people to driving cars that have no proper way to filter emissions (catalytic converters, proper exhausts etc.)

The solution for pollution is simply building cleaner cars. Like I stated the cars now are 97% more efficient and cleaner than they were in 1971 giving examples of a Porsche GT3/Turbo 911 997 that are ultimate performance machines emitting cleaner gases than the atmosphere in countries like China and India have. If you ever been to Asian countries like China (I have been), you will see they have vehicles running without exhausts and have lots of fumes coming out. Many of the cars being driven there are 20+ year old.

Quote:

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #21
darklord
Ruler of the Universe
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 Silver Merc E63 (W212)

Not sure you will find many tree huggers in an M forum
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #22
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Not sure you will find many tree huggers in an M forum

True but at least some rational thinking does happen here!

Sometimes
Appreciate 0