BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
bmellion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Will I be happy with a Meistershaft GT for a DD??

I'm considering buying a Miestershaft GT for my E93 M3. Will I be happy with this system (connecting pipes too) as a daily driver? or too loud??
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
///M 4 Life
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M6 CP

I have it on mine and it's my DD! If you leavers center pipes stock it's perfect and won't annoy you at all IMO. But once you start modifying the x pipe it gets loud as hell.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
bmellion
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M 4 Life View Post
I have it on mine and it's my DD! If you leavers center pipes stock it's perfect and won't annoy you at all IMO. But once you start modifying the x pipe it gets loud as hell.
Ok...I was just going to get add the SR connecting pipes, so I should be ok?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
jra85
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Yes, I think you will. I have the rear section (plus their connecting pipes) GT on my car with no other exhaust mods and it's great for a daily, while still having some volume to it (but not to the point of being obnoxious). There is some drone around 3k RPM, so if you do highway driving frequently take note of that. I usually have the windows down (when it's warm out at least) and it's much less bothersome.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

You have an E93, the sound is multiplied due to lack of insulation. It might wear on you.
      05-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
///M 4 Life
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M6 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmellion View Post
Ok...I was just going to get add the SR connecting pipes, so I should be ok?
I think so! The SR connecting pipes I dot believe do anything to make it louder? I have them and I think they are just to connect the muffler to the xpipe. I remember when I first put my GT on it was a really great sounding tone and not overly loud but it is louder than something like a dinan muffler. I say try it, see if you like it, if not take it off and just sell it on here.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
HoOdRiCh///M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LeMans Blue E92 M3

I love mine, I have the gt2 with sr pipes and it sounds awesome!! Louder than stock but not to loud that the cops with pull u over... Which, in Chicago I have had many times

You will not be disappointed.....
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
bmellion
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdamz
Yes, I think you will. I have the rear section (plus their connecting pipes) GT on my car with no other exhaust mods and it's great for a daily, while still having some volume to it (but not to the point of being obnoxious). There is some drone around 3k RPM, so if you do highway driving frequently take note of that. I usually have the windows down (when it's warm out at least) and it's much less bothersome.
My contact at Vivid Racing says there is no drone with this system? I wonder?
2013 BMW M6 Eisenmann Race(gone)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmellion View Post
My contact at Vivid Racing says there is no drone with this system? I wonder?
It drones. You can hear it in the car at highway speeds. Whether it is too much is very subjective. For me, I didn't mind it at all, it was only a faint drone. As long as you don't change the x-pipe, this is fine for DD.

I tried a lot of x-pipes with mine before I finally sold it because I couldn't find and x-pipe that would keep it quiet enough. So if you plan to get an x-pipe in the future, I'd skip it.
      05-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #10
budski
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 SSII E92 DCT ZCP

I just drove from Va, to Ga, to Kentucky, and back to Va with my recent Meisterschaft GT (stock xpipe with SR Pipes) and you can definitely hear it but it's not very loud. It sounds pretty good riding beside the car at highway speeds as well.

When I was coming back into the office from lunch, the security guy laughed and said, "I have one thing say, UPSHIFT."

I did have one awkward moment with the exhaust. As the car was slowing down to let a family cross the side walk, the DCT down shifted and the lady thought I was revving at her to hurry with her toddler and gave a not-so-nice face haha.

ESS VT2 625 | Brembo 380mm F/R | Stack Gauges | Meisterschaft GT | KW V3 | Perf Steering Wheel | Challenge GT Lip | Perf CF Spoiler | CF Mirror Caps

Tundra TRD Rock Warrior
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
bmellion
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
It drones. You can hear it in the car at highway speeds. Whether it is too much is very subjective. For me, I didn't mind it at all, it was only a faint drone. As long as you don't change the x-pipe, this is fine for DD.

I tried a lot of x-pipes with mine before I finally sold it because I couldn't find and x-pipe that would keep it quiet enough. So if you plan to get an x-pipe in the future, I'd skip it.
thanks for your feedback..i appreciate it!!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
bmellion
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by budski View Post
I just drove from Va, to Ga, to Kentucky, and back to Va with my recent Meisterschaft GT (stock xpipe with SR Pipes) and you can definitely hear it but it's not very loud. It sounds pretty good riding beside the car at highway speeds as well.

When I was coming back into the office from lunch, the security guy laughed and said, "I have one thing say, UPSHIFT."

I did have one awkward moment with the exhaust. As the car was slowing down to let a family cross the side walk, the DCT down shifted and the lady thought I was revving at her to hurry with her toddler and gave a not-so-nice face haha.
HAHA! I love in M mode when I downshift from 3rd to 2nd! It growls and scare the shi* out of most people..I wonder what that must sound like with the Meistershaft GT!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
FriedaTakaha
Rep
Drives: audi

There is some drone around 3k RPM