BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

BPM

02-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #23
Car54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M-Sport Wagon - EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
Absolutely love these pics. Looks great. Can I assume the E90 has a relatively stiff chassis to allow inside wheel lift?
They say it's not ideal to lift a wheel, but it sure looks cool. It was more the bumps and the hard acceleration than straight lateral g's.

I don't know if you guys can see but in a couple of the shots of the rear, you can see the reflection of the track and the sunrise. I'm not a photo guy but is there a way to highlight that more? I can send you the raw photo.

02-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #24
Car54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M-Sport Wagon - EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
My current set-up is -2.7 front and -1.8 rear.

I used to run -2.5 front and -2.0 rear. With that set up I was still eating the outside edges of my Nitto NT01s. This was confirmed with tire temperatures readings, the outside of the front tires were running a little hotter. In the rear, it is the inside temperature that were a little hotter at -2.0 camber.

With my new settings, I am seeing nice even temperature across the tire thread both front and rear. The fronts are now wearing nice and even .

However, -2.7 is starting to get a bit aggressive for the street. I am starting to wear the inside of my street tires... I guess I will have to live with this compromise .

It is important to note that optimal camber settings will vary depending on the type/brand of tire, tire size, suspension (height, stiffness), etc... I can only share what I have experienced with my setup
Going from -2.2° to -2.7° took my toe from 1/8" total toe to 1/32". I like how the car handles both street and track with the latter settings, but sounds reasonable that you can do a little camber adjust a la E36/46. Gone are the days of picking up ~1.5° neg camber at the track and having minimal toe change.
      03-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #25
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Love those 3 wheel pictures, powering out of corners. I have not seen many E9Xs doing this .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
Really nice pics, I have never seen a E92 M3 lift wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot9 View Post
Only E90's will wheel lift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Thanks for all the kind words guys! The wheel lifts really surprised me too as I've never seen E9X lifting wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
i agree very nice seeing 1 wheel up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
Adult tricycle. Nice shots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
Absolutely love these pics. Looks great. Can I assume the E90 has a relatively stiff chassis to allow inside wheel lift?
Okay--now I'm not so impressed anymore:
Attached Images

03-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #26
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

damn speed bump at 80?

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #27
ki__
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Awesome photos!!
Appreciate 0