BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

BPM

03-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #23
Nuxi
Rep
Drives: 370z after a few BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
Fire Orange M3 in Brighton BMW showroom, someone buy it
Haha mate, I sat in that one today, absolutely stunning!! $192k! I was there test driving the F30 335i!!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 04:10 AM   #24
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

what did you think of the F30?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #25
Nuxi
Rep
Drives: 370z after a few BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
what did you think of the F30?
Absolutely loved it mate. I know some people have said some negative things about the new steering system, but personally, it felt really good to me. Love the new transmission, really quick and smooth. The sound was also fantastic. Overall I think it looks a lot better in the metal as opposed to pics. Can't talk it up enough lol. Also had a go in the 328i, absolute cracker of an engine too.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #26
Nang Vann
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, R35 GT-R

What a beast of a car. Such a young fella too.

Wish I took up tennis at a young age, oh well, guess I'll stick to poker and make millions that way
      12-02-2012, 02:38 AM   #27
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ole85 View Post
I Think Bernard is awesome. don't the police have anything else to do?
Yes, what's the old saying ... only dogs chase cars...

Bernard has a nice new set of wheels (Yellow Ferrari)
Saw him today on the Goldie.... Good one Bernard... go for it
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #28
Darth Federer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 m3 SSII Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Yes, what's the old saying ... only dogs chase cars...

Bernard has a nice new set of wheels (Yellow Ferrari)
Saw him today on the Goldie.... Good one Bernard... go for it
I was doing a random search and this thread somehow came up and I found it interesting to read through now that 2 years have passed. I wonder what the posters who like Tomic think of him now. Frankly, he turned into an entitled douchebag and that's reflected in his rankings. It's possible his father is due some of the blame for his epic collapse on the tennis court. I had no idea he now has a Ferrari. I had heard about him running from the cops in his BMW. He won't be rolling in that Ferrari too long if he doesn't get his head out of his ass. He reminds me a little of Donald Young and he still hasn't lived up to one of the largest endorsement contracts Nike ever gave to a junior athlete. Tomic is making a similar career mistake that Young made. He let's his parents run his career instead of hiring a true professional. Wimbledon starts tomorrow and I'm not even sure Tomic made it through qualifying. Anyway, it's a truly epic collapse of a very promising talent and maybe a cautionary tale of why a teenager doesn't need an M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 06:17 AM   #29
Pierrot
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 16, X5 30d 13, Evo9 06

hey - don't particularly like Tomic myself but thought comments on this thread were a bit harsh. He's just a young guy, who made it to a high level sporting career and spent some of his money on nice cars. To his defense, at least he earned his money. (no handouts) The debate about wether athletes are overpaid is a different subject.
Cut the guy some slack - he likes his cars - so do we.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 06:37 AM   #30
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Bernard is a local and a good guy. Met him a few times in the M3 and he's a straight shooter who has worked really hard and under pressure according to friends who know him well. Yeah he was out there and a lot of people canned him because of jealousy. What he has he's worked for so good luck to him. Way more mature than most at that age
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 09:29 AM   #31
Darth Federer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Interesting. I was not expecting anyone to come to this entitled twerps defense, especially Aussies. Here are a couple articles about Bernard's behavior. These articles say a lot about the kind of person he is. Again, his father probably has a lot to do with it but for a guy who is Australia's best hope to have a top ranked tennis player it's irresponsible and arrogant behavior, especially with so much on the line. His dad got banned from coming to matches because he attacked Bernard's hitting partner. His hitting partner of all people. The land of the great Rod Laver should demand more from a guy like Tomic. Also, if there was anyone who was out perpetuating the impression that BMW drivers are D-bags, it's Bernard Tomic. I'll finish by saying I love Aussies and the land of Oz. Unfortunately Tomic has proven a bad representative but I hope he can right the ship. You'd never read articles like this about Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray or Roger Federer and that's often the difference between a champion and an also-ran.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 09:30 AM   #32
Darth Federer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/que...-1226254522573

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/t...-1226505623777

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/tenn...-1226713465386

As this last article might indicate, his dad is a real class act and his parenting prowess is clearly reflected in Bernard's fall from grace.

I do hope Bernard gets his act together though because Australia needs someone who can take over for Hewitt and reflect positively on the giant legacy of one of the greatest and most humble athletes of all time, Rod Laver.

Last edited by Darth Federer; 06-23-2014 at 09:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #33
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Leave the man alone!!!

It's the tall poppy syndrome...
      07-05-2014, 03:28 AM   #34
tribe78
Rep
Drives: x6 50I

Its really strange that you felt it necessary to pull this thread out of the ages just to throw insults at somebody you have never met, and probably never will? Hes just a kid. He has worked his ass off to achieve success at such a young age. Yes, his Dad is not a great role model. More reason to cut the kid some slack.

Id much prefer to see one of our young sports stars getting the odd speeding ticket than getting mixed up in dog fighting

But thanks for your comments.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 04:08 AM   #35
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribe78 View Post
Its really strange that you felt it necessary to pull this thread out of the ages just to throw insults at somebody you have never met, and probably never will? Hes just a kid. He has worked his ass off to achieve success at such a young age. Yes, his Dad is not a great role model. More reason to cut the kid some slack.

Id much prefer to see one of our young sports stars getting the odd speeding ticket than getting mixed up in dog fighting

But thanks for your comments.
Time to kill this thread before we start picking on real morons like Biber
Appreciate 0