BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #45
mikefromMA
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m4

Garage List
2017 BMW m4  [0.00]
2015 428  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
You need to embrace the hate, Brochacho.

My 911 is all straight pipes, no mufflers, low as hell, and red. My back-fires make cars move over in front of me, and the only reactions I get is either total hate, or pure joy. Moderation is for cowards.

Race everybody.
This post literally had me laughing at my desk. I have all Dinan goodies, and the sound is infectious. F-it...you're right
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #46
mikefromMA
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m4

Garage List
2017 BMW m4  [0.00]
2015 428  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
Wow, getting rid of something you like because of others. Don't do that.

I had a Mazda B3000 pickup truck, factory-jacked-up and bright red, stock exhaust, tires, everything. (no flame-stickers along the sides, neither.) People would race me to the merge point, or try to get that extra nine-feet farther ahead in an ocean of stalled traffic. While I'm in a pickup truck. Really?

If you got rid of your m3, and got something more plain, you'd really hate yourself when someone else cuts you off later. It would be like, "D'oh! I guess it wasn't only my M3...well, that sucks, wish I had it back now."

- V
I know i'd regret it. That post was minutes after post-hate. I took the car out later that day and got a thumbs up, a "sweet ride," and had a 2 minute conversation with a dude in a 328 while stopped in traffic.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #47
emKel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: with 3 pedals

Am I the only one who has issues with the Prius? All the time too... I don't get it.

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #48
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
It's bad for the (refined) G35/7 drivers as well. I was recently visiting my parents in NY and driving my mom's 100% stock G35, every civic up there wanted to go, it was ridiculous.

So what have we learned? Civic drivers all have Napoleon complexes
But remember most Honda Civic drivers are 16-19 years of age. Mere children IMO. They think they are all knowing and all fast but us older folks know the reality of it. I let them be.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #49
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Not here in SoCal wherein M3's are nothing more than Civics and lots of'em.
In the Northeast its a whole different ballgame. M3s are rare in OEM form and about as rare as getting struck by lightening in modified form here. You just don't see them unless they are out of state. Thats 3 states here.

The reality of it is most folks won't spend this kind of money on a stock M3 due to the seasons here. Makes no sense. Its winter 6 months out of the year and any low riding nice car is in a garage for 180 days.

You see tons of raised/lifted trucks here. All off roading vehicles. Thats what these folks know and live by. Not some BMW with red Volks. Those types of BMWs would not be accepted right now because the citizens here haven't been exposed to those type of modifications at all on any car.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #50
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I actually found that the younger the drivers are the friendlier they are. They mostly wanna race to simply acknowledge our cars. Most of them give thumps up, or offer a friendly wave. It's the "older" dudes (my age.. 40's) who have some sort of complex and need to prove to themselves that their car is just as fast or capable, and that we just wasted our money.
Sometimes you are right. I do get compliments by the younger folks and the older folks really haven't bothered me here.

It is very laid back in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #51
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
It's the "older" dudes (my age.. 40's) who have some sort of complex and need to prove to themselves that their car is just as fast or capable, and that we just wasted our money.
Ok I admit I'm guilty of this at times when I see a supercar and they start pacing me or something. Fortunately zero traffic and 60mph speed limits on most of my commute. So yeah, there are times where I bite.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #52
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder
Quote:
It's the "older" dudes (my age.. 40's) who have some sort of complex and need to prove to themselves that their car is just as fast or capable, and that we just wasted our money.
Ok I admit I'm guilty of this at times when I see a supercar and they start pacing me or something. Fortunately zero traffic and 60mph speed limits on most of my commute. So yeah, there are times where I bite.
You have a VT2-650, if I were in your shoes at the moment, I could easily resist the lesser vehicles but if a supercar started pacing me... +1
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #53
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Quote:
Yeah, these are exactly the types I'm talking about, and you can just sense that that's what they are thinking. Around here, I get (would you believe) even pickup trucks that want a go! LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #54
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

this has never happened to me. Not sure if it's a WI thing, but people really don't drive aggressively at all.
      08-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #55
pukicabuki
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: something with 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKE_M3 View Post
this has never happened to me. Not sure if it's a WI thing, but people really don't drive aggressively at all.
+1

Around here you're lucky if you can get anyone to drive the speed limit, let alone try to race you. Other M3 drivers don't even pay attention to an M3. I get hippy F-tards in pri'i (plural for prius?) and lesbians in Subarus telling me to slow down for going the speed limit.

Last edited by pukicabuki; 08-11-2013 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #56
Enzo08
M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 Golf R, 13 E92 M3

Happened to meet tonight in Vegas. Cruising along in the right lane and I pass a Neon SRT. The driver of the SRT did not like getting passed and he proceeded to tail gate me. I moved into the right lane and the driver hit the revs on his car and I exited as soon as possible to end the fantasy race for the Neon.

It was a little bizarre.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #57
Cool Steel
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ZCP DCT

The worst part is, although there are tons of magazines that do tests with professional drivers, in conditions that reduce the uncontrolled variables, these morons actually think that their test run with you on the streets is more realistic than the professional tests ...

They will post it on their forum as a Kill. They will contribute the intake they put on ...which probably subtracted 2 hp from the oem intake,.and feel like they are awesome. Lol
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #58
Cool Steel
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ZCP DCT

l
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
I used to "race" on the street quite frequently when I was younger (had a 350z at the time). That all stopped when one day a car full of kids in a Subaru WRX tried to race me and nearly got themselves killed when they spun out and slammed into a concrete barrier at 80mph. When you're 20, you don't think about the consequences, and I assume that is the age group of most of these "racers." I like the boxer analogy, and that's what I think when some idiot in a riced out civic revs at me now. Or something like "psh, I could crush you with my wallet."

The Wallet thing is what they thrive for...to outperform your 70k car with their 10k car. I used to own a SRT4 when I was younger and believe me if modded correctly they will outperform a non modded M3 on a straight line street race. They love to post up on their forums about the idiot with the big wallet who paid 70k and just got hiss ass handed to him....
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #59
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

I have to admit, I do occasionally try to goad Ferraris or other exotics in the rare case I see one, not because I think I can beat them in a race (which I wouldn't try to do), but because I want to see them in action and, more importantly, HEAR them at WOT!!!!
Maybe the people we're talking about are just mirin our rides
      08-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #60
M3ZCP6MT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 381 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by emKel View Post
Am I the only one who has issues with the Prius? All the time too... I don't get it.
Nope, you're not the only one. I have had Prius cut me off (seemed to be done intentionally along with stares) more than any other cars in the past couple of years. Prius are driven by people who think they are environmentally friendly and think they are above all gas cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #61
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
Happens to me all the time, it's annoying...but I don't do anything but chuckle a little on the inside. lol I have nothing to prove to anyone.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 03:32 AM   #62
JoeKixxon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Sakhir Orange on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
So just a few hours ago, I am driving along on the highway doing about 75 in the left lane of a two lane interstate. I ease past a Civic who was probably doing about 70 or so. I am just going along minding my own business, talking to my wife. Just a few minutes went by, when I see the guy in the Civic come flying up in the right hand lane. As soon as he passes me, he pulls into my lane, cuts me off, then has to slow down due to the traffic in front of him.

My wife and I both just looked at each other and I told her about this thread !!!

WTF
Your wife seems like she's one of the good ones. Funny story and sounds like a perfect example of what spawned this thread!

My wife is a good sport too about my ///M'ddiction (that's a word, right?!) and in return I don't want to kill her by racing some dingbat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZCP6MT View Post
Nope, you're not the only one. I have had Prius cut me off (seemed to be done intentionally along with stares) more than any other cars in the past couple of years. Prius are driven by people who think they are environmentally friendly and think they are above all gas cars.
I'm on both ends of this one. My DD is a bicycle where people think I'm some tree hugging hippy when I'm really just in it for the enjoyment and exercise (and it's not that I'm FOR pollution! I'm just not an extremist).

...then the pendulum swings all the way over to the M3 where people assume the a**holes lifetime membership badge came in the glove box and I'm headed over to their house right now to do some donuts on their lawn.

Heehee. I'm exaggerating, but thems the stereotypes I suspect some people see ;-)
Appreciate 0