BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

10-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #111
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
you remind me of footie.

anyway, I see three different kind of trolls on this forum and mostly coming from audi/porsche (same company).

1. uneducated audi trolls who would put anything audi above bmw.
2. educated audi trolls who like to bring up that they presently/past own an m3 so they can express why audi is better based on their experiences.
3. crazy trolls who would just call everybody fanboys as soon as they praise the m3. ridiculous because after all this is a bmw forum and people praise the m3 because they think it is the best car for them.
Well,
You and advskier have pretty much clarified my point. I'm sure if you keep digging you'll get yourself out of that hole you're in. How old are you? 15?

Show me one post of mine, EVER; (do you understand that?) Let me repeat, EVER, where I stated an Audi was better than the M3. Do you see my post count. Not one post says Audi is better than BMW. And no, that doesn't mean that I think BMW is better than Audi. But then you don't seem to grasp that concept.

You remind me of those morons that believe waving a flag makes them a patriot. Grow up.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #112
AutoEnthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
And yes, it is amazing that a dedicated M3 forum is full of M3 fanboys. Stunning.
So true, I can't imagine a forum for enthusiats of a certain brand to actually LIKE that brand, what an amazing concept.

I'm still waiting on comment from him about the data I produced regarding the S4 engine and supercharger, it's stresses and how it really works.

jdgamble commented on it, still nothing from MERC though.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #113
jdgamble
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 CQM M3 - My family car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCSUk153 View Post
If you like to take your girlfriends butt dyno as evidence that your M3 is faster than you go right ahead because I am sure that is much more accurate.
You didn't think I'd see this buried in a response to someone else? Actually an unknowing butt dyno is pretty objective... but even more objective is EVERY SINGLE car magazine recording MUCH quicker and faster times for the M3 than either the S4 or 335. The 335 I'm driving right now is a nice car, and it's definitely quick... pretty much just as quick as your S4. But it is slow compared to my M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
This thread is total brain candy for me. I love it!

And yes, it is amazing that a dedicated M3 forum is full of M3 fanboys. Stunning.
I agree... I love it, and I am equally surprised to find people on an M3 forum that actually prefer the M3 to slow/cheaper cars. But I don't like that some douche (MERCSUk... who I will refer to as SUK in the future) has gotten some fellow M3 people upset at each other. Common guys... we're supposed to stick together here.
      10-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #114
jdgamble
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoEnthusiast View Post
So true, I can't imagine a forum for enthusiats of a certain brand to actually LIKE that brand, what an amazing concept.

I'm still waiting on comment from him about the data I produced regarding the S4 engine and supercharger, it's stresses and how it really works.

jdgamble commented on it, still nothing from MERC though.
Don't count on it... SUK is off that topic. I think he conceded that one.
      10-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #115
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post

I agree... I love it, and I am equally surprised to find people on an M3 forum that actually prefer the M3 to slow/cheaper cars. But I don't like that some douche (MERCSUk... who I will refer to as SUK in the future) has gotten some fellow M3 people upset at each other. Common guys... we're supposed to stick together here.
Although I will agree that MERCSUk153 has made some Audi fanboy comments as well, it's my humble opinion that sticking by your mark simply because it is your mark is childish. I have no intension of supporting the immature morons that seem to flock to these kinds of threads. So I will continue to point out the lunacy when I see it. The M3 is just a car. Its the best car for me, or I wouldn't be driving it. However, for many people, an S4 is the best car for them. Why is this such a difficult concept for so many on this forum?

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #116
AutoEnthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Although I will agree that MERCSUk153 has made some Audi fanboy comments as well, it's my humble opinion that sticking by your mark simply because it is your mark is childish. I have no intension of supporting the immature morons that seem to flock to these kinds of threads. So I will continue to point out the lunacy when I see it. The M3 is just a car. Its the best car for me, or I wouldn't be driving it. However, for many people, an S4 is the best car for them. Why is this such a difficult concept for so many on this forum?
It's not really "this forum" as I am sure you are aware, it's really the entire internet from what I have seen. For some reason, there are certain personality types who seem to equate anyone else's love for a different car means that any other car is a steaming pile.

Why people cannot be ok with the fact that everyone doesn't have to like what you do seems foreign to certain folks.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #117
Herms
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Wow, this thead fell apart. FWIW, I actually somewhat agree with this guy. Having owned both a 335 and an M3, and having just drove the new S4, I'm strongly considering the new S4, but it's not about the car, it's a personal preference. The M3 was amazing, but I'm not that great a driver and traffic in LA sux, so the S4 seems like it might make more sense for my daily commute of 60 miles roundtrip. Gas mileage is better, the all wheel drive allows less accomplished drivers like me to more freely push the car without worrying about losing control of the car (though the M3 is great in this respect to because the upside of less low-end torque is that you can get on the gas a bit more freely at times also), and the torque on the low end suits me better for traffic driving. The M3 was super fast, much faster than my 335 was, but I found it unusable unless on a freeway onramp and not that great if you want to make a quick lane change or something where you want instant low end torque (like I do most times in traffic).

In other words, I'd buy the S4 for the same reasons many choose the 335 over the M3, and in my opinion the S4 is slighly nicer than the 335. Having said all that, the point is that clearly this is a matter of preference, driving skills and individual needs. If I got an S4, it would be because it suits my needs and preferences, not because it is "better" than the M3. Truth be told I wish I could afford both.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #118
mtndog
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5c, 992GTS, x5 M60

Quote:
The M3 is just a car. Its the best car for me, or I wouldn't be driving it. However, for many people, an S4 is the best car for them. Why is this such a difficult concept for so many on this forum?
Best post yet...
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #119
AutoEnthusiast
Rep

Quote:
I won't comment until you have more data. So far I can see that it is pushing out only 1psi more of pressure. That is not a significant amount. Also I can see that the only difference is that the valve is manipulated and that the supercharger is still revving within the acceptable rpm is it not? I will agree that their will likely be a little more stress on the engine and a little more on the supercharger but it is still debateable if it is to the degree that jd assess. Jd is assessing that the tune will make the engine and supercharger run hotter and also less reliable. IMO the little amount that is done with the tune is not going to make this engine unreliable just like I have been SHOWN that the JB3 doesn't make the 335i unreliable. I initially thought the 335i had problems due to the tune but it has been indicated to me that it was not the tunes fault but BMW engineering instead. As the hpfp and wastegate problems affect non tuned cars also.
When you get the information this can be debated some more but until then aside from the minimial stress I can't see how this tune will make the car unreliable and how much stress or out of efficiency is still up in the air.
You were talking about this thing pushing 21PSI, when it's closer to half that at peak boost ever (stock or tuned). I was more talking about the fact that I'm not sure where you got your information about any of it in the first place, but it was pretty far off from the facts. Taking that into account, I don't think it's beyond reason to say that most of what you are talking about is also likely just as suspect.

Oh and if I was directing a comment at you specifically, I would have said so, I'm not so shy as all that. I was generalizing, hence my reference to any forum over this one in particular.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #120
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Well,
You and advskier have pretty much clarified my point. I'm sure if you keep digging you'll get yourself out of that hole you're in. How old are you? 15?

Show me one post of mine, EVER; (do you understand that?) Let me repeat, EVER, where I stated an Audi was better than the M3. Do you see my post count. Not one post says Audi is better than BMW. And no, that doesn't mean that I think BMW is better than Audi. But then you don't seem to grasp that concept.

You remind me of those morons that believe waving a flag makes them a patriot. Grow up.
well then you are not one of the troll that i described. I believe you.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #121
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

Sorry Radiation Joe for arguing the merits of an M3 vs. an A4 on the "M3 vs." forum. I guess that makes me (and anyone) who call bs on such stupid comparisons fanboys, and not worthy of posting here.

As to your acceptance of this ignorant comparison based on the A4 being better for some people then the M3, the same could just as easily be said for a SMART Car, Suzuki, Hyundai, or VOLT.
So I guess we might as well kill "M3 Vs." because the next troll who waddles in making any of the above comparisons will be right.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #122
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well,

calling m3 owners on a bmw forum fanboys because they said they think the m3 is better than s4 make you troll. i think that is what you don't understand.

find me a post that i ever said i had problem or attack someone when they said the s4 was better than the m3.

the problem seems to come from the audi guys and you. I think you maybe older than me, but got all angry and act like 15 here.

Last edited by graider; 10-14-2010 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 07:54 AM   #123
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
calling m3 owners on a bmw forum fanboys because they said they think the m3 is better than s4 make you troll. i think that is what you don't understand.

find me a post that i ever said i had problem or attack someone when they said the s4 was better than the m3.

the problem seems to come from the audi guys and you. I think you maybe older than me, but got all angry and act like 15 here.
Good luck, dude.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #124
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Originally Posted by AutoEnthusiast View Post
It's not really "this forum" as I am sure you are aware, it's really the entire internet from what I have seen. For some reason, there are certain personality types who seem to equate anyone else's love for a different car means that any other car is a steaming pile.
Why people cannot be ok with the fact that everyone doesn't have to like what you do seems foreign to certain folks.

Quote:
If this is directed at me please indicate where I have said that the M3 is a steaming pile. Can't help it if some of these immature M3 owners can't read and comprehend.

A little paranoid....why do you think this was directed at you? Is it because its all you do on this forum is slander BMW and praise Audi?
if it makes you feel better because you over spent on a very plain looking, under performing and boring car....well go to town.....it appears your on a roll anyway.
ps: pull of your badges on your Audi and put some BMW roundels on it....it may make you feel better
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #125
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
Sorry Radiation Joe for arguing the merits of an M3 vs. an A4 on the "M3 vs." forum. I guess that makes me (and anyone) who call bs on such stupid comparisons fanboys, and not worthy of posting here.

As to your acceptance of this ignorant comparison based on the A4 being better for some people then the M3, the same could just as easily be said for a SMART Car, Suzuki, Hyundai, or VOLT.
So I guess we might as well kill "M3 Vs." because the next troll who waddles in making any of the above comparisons will be right.
WELL SAID!!!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 11:50 PM   #126
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Why does every M3 vs. {modded, boosted car} turn into "the M3 was stock"? It's always been dollar for dollar, or run whatcha brung, where I come from.

Yes, I bought the M3. Yes, for far less money, I can have a far faster car. My $45k 335 with $750 in mods walked more than a few $70k M3's on the highway. With another $3-4k in mods that $50k 335 will walk the M5 at 120, pull on a CTS-V from a dig, etc. I would hardly call a 335 a "cheap ass car". Its fit, finish and interior materials are just as good as an M3.

That said, the M3 is a track car. I think it would lay waste to a nose-heavy Audi. The M3 has always been a helluva track car, taking down many other cars of far more horsepower - that's what it was designed for! Buy the M3 to haul ass around the track, or to have the privelege of driving the best handling car in its class. If you want to blaze a straight line, any number of cars with a total investment of less than $30k would smoke that Audi, or my old 335.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #127
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

comparing an S4 to a M3 is like laughable!
Its just one thread of many for Audi fanboiz to pollute this BMW forum. However, I dont blame them....go to any Audi forum and prepare for some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......just like their cars....BORING!!!
what is there there to talk about on there forums....who's car weighs the most....or who's plows the best?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #128
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
what is there there to talk about on there forums....who's car weighs the most....or who's plows the best?
      10-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #129
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #130
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
comparing an S4 to a M3 is like laughable!
Its just one thread of many for Audi fanboiz to pollute this BMW forum. However, I dont blame them....go to any Audi forum and prepare for some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......just like their cars....BORING!!!
another thing about their (Audi) forum's: its not riddled by a bunch of thread jackin BMW fanboiz.....hmmmmmm
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #131
jdgamble
Captain
Rep

I think we need a spelling/grammar check on this thread...
      10-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #132
JonnyM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Moderately Quick

The new S4 is far from a boring car. May not be M3 fun, but it sure has come a long way since the B6 and B7 model. I personally think the car is much more capable than the M3 once modding begins, but right out of the box the M3 is definitely a much better car in terms of speed and handling.
Appreciate 0