BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

03-14-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
iku
Rep
Drives: slk32

what should i do?

Hi guys, i just signed up an account!
i usually hang out at a benz forum, but my lease date is coming up (june 11) so im deciding which car to get originally, i wanted to get a b7 s4, but the b8 s4 wil be coming out next year. so i dropped that idea. then i came across to bmw, and found out that the new m3 is coming out! so i'm just wondering if u guys have any opinions on what i should do. (wait? or like the other person's thread, jump on the s4, and wait for a year for the m3?)
btw, my current vehicle is slk32, and i've gotten used to the power :S so i kinda want something more, but i don't want to drive another amg.(it's a great car and all, but yeah, i need a 5seater)
thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
e36jakeo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6 Speed MT!

Like the 335i, the M3 will most likely be a dedicated 4 seater (no place to sit in the middle in the back seat due to center console spreading from front to back).

You might consider waiting for the 4-door M3 that should come out a bit later than the coupe (still not sure when).

Or pony up for the Audi RS4 ($70K).
      03-14-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

How about getting a good deal on "previously loved" C55 or E39 M5?

Get the room you want, a V8, and avoid the new-car depreciation, especially if you just want to own the car a short while.

I've looked into these alternatives as well. GREAT cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
jump on in! the water is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by iku View Post
i usually hang out at a benz forum, but my lease date is coming up (june 11) so im deciding which car to get originally, i wanted to get a b7 s4, but the b8 s4 wil be coming out next year. so i dropped that idea. then i came across to bmw, and found out that the new m3 is coming out! so i'm just wondering if u guys have any opinions on what i should do. (wait? or like the other person's thread, jump on the s4, and wait for a year for the m3?)
btw, my current vehicle is slk32, and i've gotten used to the power :S so i kinda want something more, but i don't want to drive another amg.(it's a great car and all, but yeah, i need a 5seater)
thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
thanks guys

Forget Audi......
  • 335i is faster and cheaper than the S4
  • M3 will be faster and cheaper than the RS4
  • You don't get much snow in Vancouver so AWD is a complete waste.
Consider Audi if you like depreciation
      03-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #6
VERSUS
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8i

Quote:
thanks guys
I am driving a B6 S4 now...and my last car is a C32
i can tell u...S4 is slower than C32..
I am getting the M3 for sure...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #7
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Welcome aboard.

I lease a B7 S4 and am very happy with it. I opt'd for the S4 back in November '06 over the E46 M3, since I figured that as soon as my lease on the S4 is up the E92 M3 will be out. Unfortunately for you the E92 M3 will likely be making it state side in early '08, so if you could wait till then that is certainly what I would advise.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #8
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Forget Audi......

[*]You don't get much snow in Vancouver so AWD is a complete waste.
I don't knwo about that...? A) It certainly does snow there and B) It rains ALL THE TIME
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

iku,

have you ever driven an M car before? if you haven't go take one for a test drive. your decision will be that much easier.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #10
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
I don't knwo about that...? A) It certainly does snow there and B) It rains ALL THE TIME

For the 1 snow day, you don't need the parasitic AWD system.....

If you have nice tires, you won't aquaplane so it can handle the rain....
      03-18-2007, 01:42 AM   #11
iku
Rep
Drives: slk32

wow, thanks for all the responses! sorry, i have been busy with my fish tank :P anyways, it does snow a lot here.. especially after the winter that just went by. Anyways, i have never driven a M car, but i have sat in one (my friend's m3), and i didnt really like the SMG. Maybe it was because he didn't really know how to shift it (he gave me a ride after a month he got the car or something). Instead of smooth shifting that i was expecting, it felt like everytime when he shifted, my neck would snap. Very different from the auto trans. of my car.
Since the new m3 prob wont be out in june, i have no idea what to do.
Oh another thing is, i live up in the mountain, and i've seen countless of m3's stuck while going up hill (while snowing). so i am guessing the M3 handles just like my car in the snow (no traction in snow, even with snow tires)

OH last by not least, i've always thought bmw guys hated benz dudes :P i am very pleased with how i was welcomed here thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #12
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
wow, thanks for all the responses! sorry, i have been busy with my fish tank :P anyways, it does snow a lot here.. especially after the winter that just went by. Anyways, i have never driven a M car, but i have sat in one (my friend's m3), and i didnt really like the SMG. Maybe it was because he didn't really know how to shift it (he gave me a ride after a month he got the car or something). Instead of smooth shifting that i was expecting, it felt like everytime when he shifted, my neck would snap. Very different from the auto trans. of my car.
Since the new m3 prob wont be out in june, i have no idea what to do.
Oh another thing is, i live up in the mountain, and i've seen countless of m3's stuck while going up hill (while snowing). so i am guessing the M3 handles just like my car in the snow (no traction in snow, even with snow tires)

OH last by not least, i've always thought bmw guys hated benz dudes :P i am very pleased with how i was welcomed here thanks guys

Oh you live in the mountains......that is a big difference than Vancouver proper.

The M cars will do what you bid. If you want smooth from SMG, you let off the gas as you upshift. If you want to have fast acceleration, you keep your foot in it and that's when you can have a little chirp from the tires all the way up to 100 mph.....

I think the M3 will be so hot that you should get a beater car during the heavy snow days.....you can tolerate that in order to enjoy the M at all other times.