BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

08-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
ericiu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Alpina XB7

Multiple Security Deposits and the rules...

Hi all. So my situation is this: I'm going to be leasing my M3 convertible from a dealer in New York. The car is a special order with scheduled Performance Center Delivery in October. In the same month, I will be moving to Florida. I have timed it such that the car (when it arrives) won't ever see New York... instead will be plated, registered, taxed, etc. for Florida.

My question is regarding MSD. New York doesn't allow them. Florida does. If my car has Florida written all over it (except where I ordered it from), shouldn't I be entitled to the MSD program? I called BMW Financial today and they said yes. I called my dealership today and the assistant to my CA (long story) said no. Any input?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Dice13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 AW E93 M3

If you are buying from NY I would think no becaues they are setting up the financing. You should have ordered in in new Jersey and got the MSDs. I could be wrong, I seem to not trust dealers with anything they say.
Appreciate 0