BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #23
Nike SB'd
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq. View Post
Before I bought them I called Stop Tech and spoke to their lead tech. I told him I was interested in using them for track days and he told me he thought they would do well for that. He also told me the street pads have an MOT of 1400 degrees which is close to most race pads. I have another event next week so we'll see how they do for a second day.
I have quite a bit of experience tracking these pads on lighter weight cars (~20 track days on a Civic) and haven't ever had an issue. I remember the first time I ran them I brought a set of PFCs just in case, but I never cooked them. Later I was speaking with one of the engineers at Stop Tech who had given me the pads to test (at the time they were used on a magazine project car) and he mentioned the same MOT. It's actually a much more aggressive pad than the name leads you to believe, and it's often compared to a Hawk HPS but it's leaps and bounds better at dealing with heat.
Appreciate 0