BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

03-30-2008, 04:31 PM   #2201
BobbieBrighto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 03 BMW M5

The lesson learned: Do not enter a gunfight without bullets.

Right makes might. The buyer was initially right but once the seller stepped up to its mistake, it turned the tables by standing by what is right and doing the right thing. What company in the public light wouldn't? The buyer gave the seller an opening to turn the tables.

Who is it that has not been forthcoming? Which party is it that is typically the one that goes silent? Who was initially silent and is now happy to be in the spotlight? Which party is making the other party clear the facts rather than tell it themselves? Do they need to?

My only concern here had been that neither party had been forthcoming. Who is making us look bad now?

My favorite part of Maledon's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maledon View Post
Husker does not seek to silence or in any way limit the rights of those who wish to express their opinions on this now widely publicized ordeal. But based on several reckless distortions and omissions of fact, the dealership and its employees have been grossly mischaracterized. Husker acknowledges and commends the comments posted by Mr. Tanisaka, his attorney, and the many others that have requested the personal attacks to cease. Husker would ask Mr. Tanisaka to go one step further and provide his truthful commentary on his agreement, or disagreement, with the statement of facts set forth above.

Husker will hold the vehicle in inventory for Mr. Tanisaka until the end of business Monday. For the sake of all involved, Husker BMW would like nothing more than to have this saga end with Mr. Tanisaka proudly driving his new E90 M3 and showcasing his “Husker BMW” plate frame throughout Southern California.
Lol. This is like a big FU in response to the public's jokes and remarks. It is basically saying: Ownage Reversal.

They are telling you to speak all you want, and it can as well. They are in the now right. Sure; go ahead, add a Husker license plate frame onto the car. Do it.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 05:46 PM   #2202
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanahandful View Post
The result in both cases is painful - we must scan a huge number of irrelevant posts just to keep up with the actual developments in this fascinating saga...
Actually its rather easy to do a "search" for dooma350 recent posts.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #2203
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
I'll just wait for dooma350 and his lawyer scott to post. I"m just getting the feeling that things will turn ugly.
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #2204
morethanahandful
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Convertible (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Actually its rather easy to do a "search" for dooma350 recent posts.

Yes; however, there are a number of other relavent "characters" involved...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #2205
mrmcderm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 LMB E90 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-Net-Automotive View Post
I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULD NOT READ OR WRITE IN THIS FORUM, BUT SOMEBODY SHIFTED THEIR HERRASEMENT FROM THE BMW DEALER TO ME. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. THIS IS WHAT I RECEIVED TODAY:

Dude, are you serious? Jeebus, this thread just made me more stupid.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 10:22 PM   #2206
mrmcderm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 LMB E90 M-Sport

BTW, why are the lawyers for both parties posting on a public internet forum? I haven't had much experience with lawyers, but it seems to me once something is pending litigation, don't the lawyers and clients clam up because anything they say publicly can be used in court?

I'm going to laugh if it turns out dooma can't end up securing financing...this whole deal has gotten really freaking weird.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 06:21 AM   #2207
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Mondeo 20si (Old!)

Come, the Resolution?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 07:22 AM   #2208
sjames
Registered
Rep
Drives: '00 M Roadster, '84 325e

Well, I've been following this from the beginning, and I can only hope that this turns out well.

I somehow don't see this being resolved today.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 07:24 AM   #2209
thetastelingers
Master Baiter
Rep
Drives: 18 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 SOLD  [10.00]
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritBoy View Post
Come, the Resolution?
Any?
Is he going to get his car?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 07:40 AM   #2210
ImJustSayin'
Rep
Drives: Rusty

Well, as of this post, it's 5:40AM on the West Coast.

I expect we won't hear anything for a while as I'm sure all concerned parties are either still in bed or just rubbing the sleep out of their eyes.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 07:59 AM   #2211
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmcderm View Post
BTW, why are the lawyers for both parties posting on a public internet forum? I haven't had much experience with lawyers, but it seems to me once something is pending litigation, don't the lawyers and clients clam up because anything they say publicly can be used in court?

I'm going to laugh if it turns out dooma can't end up securing financing...this whole deal has gotten really freaking weird.
+1 I don't know of ANY attorneys that would post on an internet forum in such a fashion. Their concerns should be protecting their clients' legal interests, not defending them on the internet. Weird is an understatement.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 08:42 AM   #2212
Shorebird
Rep
Drives: 1976 2002

Current Sound Effect

Let's have a DRUM ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL............................... ......................
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 09:26 AM   #2213
BigPum
Cobra Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi and 328xi

The suspense is killing me!
      03-31-2008, 09:33 AM   #2214
blarney
Registered
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by runutzzzzz View Post
Nothing wrong with leasing this car. Just because he stole it doesn't mean that the leasing company makes out. Just a lower payment for him.
Residual stays the same it's based off of MSRP NOT purchase price.
That's what I'm getting at, he basically gave that deal to a leasing company so now they get to buy it for below MSRP, they will rent that car to him for a few years and at the end they get to sell that car to him or someone else based on it's depreciation over MSRP. Which means they are the ones who reap the benefit of this deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:14 AM   #2215
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I feel for you, man. Giving a response on this forum, argumentative, respectful, or insulting, is one thing. But to go out the way and start insulting someone, that is unacceptable. I do agree that the swinnish multitude has diluted out some of dooma's noble cause. Unfortunately, these people will do the inane things they do. Especially these E-thugs that can hide behind their keyboard. I have received rude remarks on the telephone, only to be rescinded in person.

As for the contention that you should not have posted their private info or IP address, they brought it upon themselves when they sent you insults outside of the forum. It is quite different if you had posted up the IP address of a legitimate poster from this thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:23 AM   #2216
toddy33
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Lexus IS250

We've passed the 900,000 mark. Once we get an update, I'm betting it's easily going to top 1,000,000.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #2217
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by runutzzzzz View Post
Nothing wrong with leasing this car. Just because he stole it doesn't mean that the leasing company makes out. Just a lower payment for him.
Residual stays the same it's based off of MSRP NOT purchase price.
Yeah, but this isn't a BMWFS lease. The residual his leasing source uses doesn't have to be the same that BMWFS uses.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:05 AM   #2218
VoiceofAJ
Registered
Rep
Drives: Pontiac

First of all let me start out by showing you what I read on Fark to get me started on this thread "BMW of Lincoln Nebraska still withholding penis extension from eBay winner". I had no idea what to think I just wanted to find out what it was all about. The link took me to Autoblog.com, and as I read it I wanted to find out more, which brought me to here. Through reading the first few pages, and even now I 100% support Ken in getting the car. As people said in the beginning, if he would have said he made a "mistake" when bidding and didn't really want to buy the car, he still would have been held fully responsible for paying for it.

Now for the real reason I am posting here is because of posts form BMW M5 Power, as well as people's anger towards BMWNA for not stepping in. BMW M5 Power is completely right in HAG selling more cars now, because once you are in the door you are hooked and they can convince you that they are the right ones and Ken is making stuff up. The car dealer's job is to make you think that you are pulling one over on them, as apposed to vice versa. So people think they are getting great deals because of the whole ordeal, and HAG is selling more cars than they would normally.

Now for BMWNA. Maybe this will show that Big business does not care about the consumer, just your money. BMW doesn't care what you think about the individual dealer. They know you will buy their car because of the name not the greatness of the car. There could be a dog turd in the back of every BMW and people that want the car, no matter how overpriced it is because of the name, will still buy it. I'm not trying to knock any BMW owners, lord knows if I had the money I might have one, but if their product is lacking don't buy it.

This is only my opinion, burn me at the stake all you want.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:08 AM   #2219
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarney View Post
That's what I'm getting at, he basically gave that deal to a leasing company so now they get to buy it for below MSRP, they will rent that car to him for a few years and at the end they get to sell that car to him or someone else based on it's depreciation over MSRP. Which means they are the ones who reap the benefit of this deal.
The residual is based on MSRP and is not affected by the sales price. Any benefit from a low sales price will be had in the form of low lease payments. The leasing company isn't getting any significant benefit.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:23 AM   #2220
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:34 AM   #2221
MonkPDX
Rep
Drives: 03 Infiniti G35c

I seriously doubt that this mess will be resolved today.

The lease/sale won't be consumated.

Ken's M3 won't be loaded for shipment to CA.

At best, another extension. At worst, it all blows up.

We shall see
      03-31-2008, 11:47 AM   #2222
cngzsn
Rep
Drives: '05 330i ZHP

Ok man, this thread is not about you and you have to deal with whoever you think is harassing you yourself. Why do we care why you are being harassed? Please stfu and gtfo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-Net-Automotive View Post
Okay, so i'm minding my own business and I get these two emails, these guys contacted me through my website not through this post. Here you go:

contact_name: BC

dealer_name:

tel:

comments: you should not longer speak on M3post.com. we can make many troubles for you.

Sender IP: 210.22.158.XXX

contact_name: n*****ass

dealer_name: n*****ass corp.

tel: 205914XXXX

comments: why dont you quit being such a pussy ass bitch?

Sender IP: 71.8.38.XXX

Just to bring everybody up to speed, I posted some comments on M3 Post that are pro-dealer, this is the harassment I get because of it.

I am hiding some of these gentlemen's IP and tel# for privacy. (eventhough an IP address would not give give you their street address or any private information and the tel# is bad)

These two emails are in addition to a hate email I already posted. I am not mad or angry, I am just wondering what these bullies do for a living???

No Wonder BMW of Lincoln is pissed off, they are probably flooded with hate emails. There is some people out there with no decency or common sense!

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread