BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

06-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #23
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
Nice man, congrads. I heard it takes about a year for it to arrive, atleast thats how it is here in Canada. How long does your's take?
And BTW, please don't debadge!
if i wanted one...i can get it in a month or less as they are currently on the ship to US. C63 doesnt have much options so its really just picking the color you want.
      06-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #24
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic View Post
lol thanks for pointing out the obvious. im not looking for just outperforming. if i wanted that, i can easily find another car to outperform the 335 since its not the fastest car around. C63 is just like an american car..straight line runner.
Have you driven the C63?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 11:05 AM   #25
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Have you driven the C63?
honestly no....but have you read and watched reviews? even if i drove it, i wouldnt be able to put it on the track.

mercedes of manhattan doesnt do test drives.
      06-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #26
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
honestly no....but have you read and watched reviews? even if i drove it, i wouldnt be able to put it on the track.

mercedes of manhattan doesnt do test drives.
I just wanted to know whether your comments had any real base. It is unfortunate the MB Manhattan doesn't allow test drives. It would be hard for me to buy a car without a test drive.

I have watched and read several reviews. C63 is a loud beast with the best handling of any AMG to date. A former CLK Black series owner says the C63 has better handling. That is really saying something.

Testimonial from a former BS owner turned C63 owner
http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244902

I have not driven the car nor do I plan to. You might be influenced by your previous opinions you have formed regarding AMG being straight line, torque monsters. Seems the C63 is breaking that mold.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #27
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Im jealous

The C63 is a total beast

Congrats bro
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #28
Pimp Star
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Pimp star you son of a bitch.

Man you're moving up the speed ranks fast!
I thought we were gonna move up at the same time haha, jk jk. Well I can fully insure you that the car is a beast, considering my mom owns one and I've driven the hell out of it (btw it's iridium silver/black).

The things I love most about it are the seats, the engine, and the exhaust note. Even the handling is noteworthy! From what I hear, the C63 is one tune away from cracking the 500bhp barrier.

If I were you I wouldn't debadge it. I mean it's not ricey, and it's actually meant to have that badging on their anyways.

I'm so jealous of you, it's not even funny.
Debadge: I'll probably only take off the "6.3 AMG" on the sides, since it's a 6.2 Liter V8.

Speed Ranks: Thanks man. I was looking at getting a 135/328/335i a while back, but it looks like I'm leveling jumping.

Engine: I heard you could get an ECU and get 520HP! I think 451 will hold me, I don't think I'll ever turn off Traction Control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
congrats and enjoy your new ride, you are lucky to have such nice parents too.
Yeah, I've been saving up forever and my parent's are super nice. They pay for insurance and my dad just gave me his E350 Sport (the new one, with a lot of chrome haha). I'm paying for $30,000 of the ~$60,000, and if I didn't have their help I'd probably be driving a used E36.

Quote:
Congrats. Don't debadge. If I had a 63 AMG while I was still in school, I would have gotten into trouble for sure. Drive safely.
Thanks man, and I'll think about debadging. And yup, I'm a Senior in High School. Age 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
+2

and here I thought all the silver spooners aspired to M3's.....

MBs are for old men, don't you know, OP?
Yeah... My dad has a collection of Benz's. About the M3 vs C63, my dad has bought 24 Mercedes's from one dealership, and I got an epic deal. Additionally, AMG > M in a straight line, but worse around the bends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
im guessing your going to be moving onto mbworld org.
btw, how old are you? Dont debaged, the new C looks more complete with it.
Yup, MB World has a bunch of pictures and a whole load of helpful info, but, I'll check here often.

I am 18 years old, and, I think I'll just debadge the "6.3" off the side, I'll probably leave the back badges alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
when is your delivery date?
Later this year, around November - December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter399 View Post
Im jealous

The C63 is a total beast

Congrats bro
Thanks man and I'm so excited... Ah the wait WILL be worth it.

Quote:
lol thanks for pointing out the obvious. im not looking for just outperforming. if i wanted that, i can easily find another car to outperform the 335 since its not the fastest car around. C63 is just like an american car..straight line runner.
Maybe that's what I want.

---------------------------------------

BMW M3 versus MB C63 AMG

The cars are completely different. First off, the M3 has a manual transmission (with a twin-clutch optional) and the MB has a 7-speed automatic gearbox. This basically defines the cars, the M3 is a sport's car and the C63 is a German muscle car. Additionally, the AMG weighs 200 pounds more and has 150 more pound feet of torque, which makes in better in the line, but worse around the corners.

About their engines, they are tuned and designed differently. The M3 has it's power mainly up top, which is good for spirited runs and the track, where you are always in optimal gear. However, the AMG has a bunch of torque down low and it has much more "passing power". The C63 tears up the 1/4 mile and can handle well. The M3 will destroy the track, and can set impressive drag times.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #29
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I just wanted to know whether your comments had any real base. It is unfortunate the MB Manhattan doesn't allow test drives. It would be hard for me to buy a car without a test drive.

I have watched and read several reviews. C63 is a loud beast with the best handling of any AMG to date. A former CLK Black series owner says the C63 has better handling. That is really saying something.

Testimonial from a former BS owner turned C63 owner
http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244902

I have not driven the car nor do I plan to. You might be influenced by your previous opinions you have formed regarding AMG being straight line, torque monsters. Seems the C63 is breaking that mold.
yea but i wouldnt trust that guy's words since he tihnks ferrari's doesnt handle well or something like that. I trust top gear's review more than any words of a forum member.
      06-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #30
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
I am pointing out your wrong. It is not just a straight runner.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track24.html

17. Mercedes C 63 AMG 1:40.0 ´07 457 / 1772 Autozeitung
18. BMW M3 (E92) 1:40.1 ´07 420 / 1619 Autozeitung

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track7.html

60. BMW M3 Sedan (E90) 1:15.2 ´07 420 / 1646 sportauto
61. Mercedes C 63 AMG 1:15.2 ´07 457 / 1772 sportauto

It is matching and even beating the M3 in lap times.

The C63 is not like the past AMG models, it does handle.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 12:39 AM   #31
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep

no it cant...your numbers dont prove anything. i can post topgear's number and you will be wrong.

secondly...c63 has way too much power for the car. as mentioned in topgear, m3 is a precision tool vs c63 where you cant even keep the DSC off.
      06-09-2008, 12:44 AM   #32
Rusty's508whp
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335I Coupe/ 94 Supra TT

Congrats, enjoy your new car.
      06-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #33
323d
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

i wish i was 18 and driving a C63..

if you got extra cash , send some to my paypal!
      06-09-2008, 03:13 AM   #34
MrToad
I rike bee em dub u
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323d View Post

^Wishful thinking

Congrats on the car and post pics when you get it!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #35
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
c63 where you cant even keep the DSC off.
Just proves you don't know what your talking about.

You can turn the stability control completely off on the C63.

There is three settings. Off, Partial DSC, Full DSC

I am done talking to misimformed car idiots.

The C63 handling numbers are better that the 335i, so basically your saying your car handles like crap. YOU ARE TOO FUNNY.

The C63 handles better than every car offered by BMW, except for the M3 and maybe the Z4 M coupe.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #36
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Just proves you don't know what your talking about.

You can turn the stability control completely off on the C63.

There is three settings. Off, Partial DSC, Full DSC

I am done talking to misimformed car idiots.

The C63 handling numbers are better that the 335i, so basically your saying your car handles like crap. YOU ARE TOO FUNNY.

The C63 handles better than every car offered by BMW, except for the M3 and maybe the Z4 M coupe.
lol u just amazed me how stupid people are. you just describe a typical DSC that's on most cars especially the 3. probably your fully stripped car doesnt have it. I also bet you never drove a car with DSC completely off. I have driven cars with DSC off ON THE TRACK so I'd have a much better idea of how a car handles without traction assistants.

btw, numbers is only HALF of the equation dumbass. on what basis of comparison do you have regarding the handling ability of each car??
      06-09-2008, 07:42 PM   #37
kwakr738
e21 respect
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
...I am 6 yrs old, my dad is a Colombian drug lord, and I drive a Mclaren F1. I am more of a pimp than anyone in the world.

J/K Congrats on the car bro! Please remember to wear a jimmy.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #38
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
lol u just amazed me how stupid people are. you just describe a typical DSC that's on most cars especially the 3. probably your fully stripped car doesnt have it. I also bet you never drove a car with DSC completely off. I have driven cars with DSC off ON THE TRACK so I'd have a much better idea of how a car handles without traction assistants.

btw, numbers is only HALF of the equation dumbass. on what basis of comparison do you have regarding the handling ability of each car??
Calm down there man. If I were you, I would listen to BlackJetE90.

By the way, I have driven both the E92 M3 and the C63, does that make me qualified to discuss the handling abilities of each car?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 10:27 PM   #39
Pimp Star
Captain
Rep

Quote:
no it cant...your numbers dont prove anything. i can post topgear's number and you will be wrong.

secondly...c63 has way too much power for the car. as mentioned in topgear, m3 is a precision tool vs c63 where you cant even keep the DSC off.
Numbers don't prove anything, but opinions do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty's508whp View Post
Congrats, enjoy your new car.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323d View Post

Thanks, and don't worry. I'll email you come $$$.

Like I said before, my parent's are helping me out a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrToad View Post
^Wishful thinking

Congrats on the car and post pics when you get it!
Thanks and I will, if I remember about.. Wait... What forum am I on? BMW? WHAT?

Just kidding, I will be sure to post pictures of the black beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakr738 View Post
...I am 6 yrs old, my dad is a Colombian drug lord, and I drive a Mclaren F1. I am more of a pimp than anyone in the world.

J/K Congrats on the car bro! Please remember to wear a jimmy.
How do you know about my family...?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 06:23 AM   #40
eNCore
///M 5light
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 MCB ///M5

Quote:

*SIGH*
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #41
Pimp Star
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Numbers is half the equation. Driving is the other half. You seem to know neither.

You can find out which car handles "better" by picking up a magazine and looking at the lateral G's, however, that does not necessary make the car better. Some people might want grip, some people might want oversteer, some people might want power, some people might want agility.

"I also bet you never drove a car with DSC completely off."

You just hold the DTC/DSC button for like three seconds, then you get a little triangle that shows up on your dash, and you're done. I'm pretty sure 80% of the forum HAS used that feature.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 06:52 PM   #42
n3985
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a car

Congrats on the new car, enjoy it responsibly. /End thread
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 04:37 AM   #43
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp Star View Post
Numbers is half the equation. Driving is the other half. You seem to know neither.

You can find out which car handles "better" by picking up a magazine and looking at the lateral G's, however, that does not necessary make the car better. Some people might want grip, some people might want oversteer, some people might want power, some people might want agility.

"I also bet you never drove a car with DSC completely off."

You just hold the DTC/DSC button for like three seconds, then you get a little triangle that shows up on your dash, and you're done. I'm pretty sure 80% of the forum HAS used that feature.
taking DSC off is nothing. driving it on a track is the real challenge. most on this forum will either not push it hard enough or crash. As for the magazine ratings, I don't trust any of them. You cannot observe their testing methods and you are just accepting what they present to you. You did not see what condition they are testing it with, track, drivers...then again, you might be able to hit an apple on the apex corner at max speed.

whatever...this is way off the topic. if you have enough money, buy whatever you like. I really dont give a crap since I don't regularly push my cars and only drive hard in performance schools.

btw, hope you had enough money to buy the AMG PP. Without it, it's completely useless. But of course you'd know that...
      06-12-2008, 04:53 AM   #44
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Saw a C63 for the first time today. Was very put off by all the chrome MB puts on it

Ill keep my M3
Appreciate 0