BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #23
crabman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M

I prefer a fob that requires a rapid double tap to open the trunk. Mainly because this keeps you from stopping at somebodies house to visit and then finding out that at some point the button got pressed in your pocket and the trunk opened. And it was raining. And a cat climbed in your trunk and went to the very back corner to get out of the rain. And you didn't figure out you had a stowaway till you heard the mewling 10 minutes down the road. And your wife insisted you go door to door to return the cat. And it turned out none was the owner or knew who owned the cat and then your wife wanted to keep it because it was fate. Not that this has ever happened to me.... O_o
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #24
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlosso View Post
It's the "Panic" button. If you're in a dark lonely parking lot and a bad guy is approaching you, you reach into your pocket, pull out the key, then hold the trunk button down. It sounds the alarm which immediately disarms and incapacitates the perp. Then get in your car, pop the cover and hold down the SOS button. When the operator answers exchange pleasantries then ask them to call the authorities.

It was one of the biggest selling points of the car for me.
yeah but does it work as advertised?
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 04:15 AM   #25
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Just when I thought the posts on this board could not get any stupider. More fool me.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #26
Giccy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: like he has much to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic
Just when I thought the posts on this board could not get any stupider. More fool me.
"more stupid"

And you should have known better. Subscribe to TheLegendStig's posts to get an idea of how low this can go.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #27
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peahi View Post
What DOES irk me...I've spent countless hours trying to get vaunted garage door opener to work. I've checked in with other bmw owners in my complex, and no luck for them either.
Don't you have instructions for the garage door opener in your garage and the remote control? On one of my cars I had similar problems as you describe. Then I called the 800 number in the garage door opener manual and they then reset my codes via satellite for my garage door opener and it worked fine following the car manual instructions to set the garage door opener in the car. Mind you that was on a car that I moved from western to eastern Canada to our new house.

In my 2012 it took several attempts as well. Finally I used the the following procedure;

1) First I followed the BMW instructions for setting the garage door opener (clearing memory and setting the garage opener etc as shown in the manual).

This did not work so I went to 2 below;

2) Using the remote control I pushed the learning button on my garage door opener in the garage and went to the gar (with engine running) I set the car garage opener with both the car and original hand held remote (about 1 " away) buttons depressed. Doing this within 30 seconds worked out fine for me.

Try this hope it works for you.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0