BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

09-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #67
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I'm very aware of that thread. Again, I'm pointing out the at least comment.
Right. I was just correcting the context in which you applied it (you were not accurate with your assertion).

Quote:
The information doesn't state that E92 MY2013 starts when the June '12 E92 ends. Nor does it state that they can't make a MY2012 after June '12.
That's very true. However, every other similar document that I've seen posted to this forum has been accurate as stated. Production starts when the date listed in the SOP arrives and ends at the date listed in the EOP column. Who knows, maybe this time - this one time - it will actually turn out to be wrong. But that would be a pretty big assumption to make in my opinion. Surely much bigger an assumption than simply believing the events listed in the document will come to pass as has happened every time before.

Quote:
We will have to disagree on the arrival of the F32, and and the possibility of a MY2013 E92/93. I'm fine with that.
Great.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #68
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

The disguised Coupe and Cabrio have now hit the streets. So it is only a matter of time before they are caught by the photographers around the FIZ.
Something else is in development both from Garching and the FIZ which if caught would mean a headline expose in the auto media.

Coupe and therefore Cabrio will not appear in 2012. More like 2013.
The public development programme takes about two years after entry programme within BMW's private test grounds. Which currently you can see the next X5 and X6.
      09-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #69
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The disguised Coupe and Cabrio have now hit the streets. So it is only a matter of time before they are caught by the photographers around the FIZ.
Something else is in development both from Garching and the FIZ which if caught would mean a headline expose in the auto media.

The public development programme takes about two years after entry programme within BMW's private test grounds. Which currently you can see the next X5 and X6.
So the coupe and cabrio are on normal schedule meaning the V8 lives on for another year- makes perfect sense and is inline with most projections.

Stupid 6 Gran Coupe. I expressed my distaste to Dr. Nitschke and he had a few interesting things to say about it- I was amazed how candid he was. They have their work cut out for them but M likes a challenge apparently.
      09-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #70
HBspeed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder

Garage List
Quote:

So this would mean the E92 M3 will continue production into fall of next year but remain MY2012 until the end? Makes sense since this is the same as the end run of E90 M3's which remained MY2011 up through this fall.

Guess this means I'll be in Munich for Oktoberfest next year!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #71
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
So the coupe and cabrio are on normal schedule meaning the V8 lives on for another year- makes perfect sense and is inline with most projections.

Stupid 6 Gran Coupe. I expressed my distaste to Dr. Nitschke and he had a few interesting things to say about it- I was amazed how candid he was. They have their work cut out for them but M likes a challenge apparently.
Some say that the lower weight of the M6 and the cars lower center of gravity thanks to the CFRP roof gives the M6 a greater advantage over the
M5. I have not driven the M6 except off the trailer when we were filming in Los Angeles a few weeks ago. But some who have say that this is true.

The Gran Coupe will be a great flagship M because of all it embodies.
When the M6 Gran Coupe is launched (IAA 2013) The M5 will be celebrating it's second birthday and like every aspect of progress we will be well on the way to next episode of the F10 M5.
      09-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #72
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

I think it is much more likely, given what we know to be true, that there will be an MY2013 E92/E93 from July 2012 to early 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBspeed View Post
So this would mean the E92 M3 will continue production into fall of next year but remain MY2012 until the end?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #73
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post

Something doesn't make sense to me. There WILL be a 2013 e92/e93? Or will production just expand into the fall and they'll still call it a 2012? I'm also wondering why they disguise the exterior of cars when they've been floating around for the past 5 years.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #74
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I think it is much more likely, given what we know to be true, that there will be an MY2013 E92/E93 from July 2012 to early 2013.
This would mean that the M3 sedan would hit streets in spring of 2015 and the M4 2016, right?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #75
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
This would mean that the M3 sedan would hit streets in spring of 2015 and the M4 2016, right?
No, not necessarily. It's anyone's guess at this point, but I would say 2014 for the M3 sedan, 2015 for the M3 coupe.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #76
lux
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2, 2011 E90 M3 Comp

Quote:
Some say that the lower weight of the M6 and the cars lower center of gravity thanks to the CFRP roof gives the M6 a greater advantage over the
M5. I have not driven the M6 except off the trailer when we were filming in Los Angeles a few weeks ago. But some who have say that this is true.

The Gran Coupe will be a great flagship M because of all it embodies.
When the M6 Gran Coupe is launched (IAA 2013) The M5 will be celebrating it's second birthday and like every aspect of progress we will be well on the way to next episode of the F10 M5.
So it sounds like we can expect a CFRP/CSL esque F10 M5? Maybe a CF roof and carbon-ceramic brake package.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 02:12 AM   #77
HBspeed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder

Garage List
Excerpt from recent Interview with BMWNA M Manager Matt Russell:

Are there any other special edition M3s coming before end of production for the E92/E93 M3 coupe and convertible?

You shouldn’t be surprised if we have some more. The car is not at the end of the production. We have the car until 2013 [calendar year] as a coupe and convertible. So if we have time to do some more special editions, I would be thrilled.

Any further comment regarding these statements SCOTT26? We are anxiously waiting to know if any such enthusiast CSL-esque send-off edition will be made available to US customers.

There are many like myself very near making an alternative purchase (TT-RS for me), believing time on the E92 M3 has run out and nothing special is coming.

Last edited by HBspeed; 01-20-2012 at 02:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #78
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

SCOTT has already said there will be a special edition M3 that will resurrect an iconic name modeled similarly to the CRT. Not too hard to figure that out.and you might as well get that TT, because there's no way in hell we're getting it.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #79
Eau Rouge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
SCOTT has already said there will be a special edition M3 that will resurrect an iconic name modeled similarly to the CRT. Not too hard to figure that out.and you might as well get that TT, because there's no way in hell we're getting it.
Is there any basis to think that there will be an E92 M3 "special edition" or merely a "last year package" for the North American market?
      01-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #80
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

SCOTT said he doesn't work with North America products, so doesn't get the info as much.
These are based on older posts he made.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0