BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-11-2008, 12:51 AM   #89
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
I took the pic along with what Tom@eas said to be true.
Unless I see a test of with/without and the differences, I don't believe anything. Logically now, why would they have one (whose function is to delay clutch engagement, hence the name clutch delay valve) if it had no function?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 12:59 AM   #90
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 AW M3 6MT

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
Guys i did this mod today along with dropping the car on eibachs, will have pics of that tom along with a small review. But while I was at it I had them take out the spring and WOW. its sick. Night and day. Every shift is smooth as fcuck. LOL he took out the wrong spring at first, so he put it back and he took out the right one Im assuming, took a pic of it.

This is it right?

The lateral movement is nothing, barely even moves, this is seriously one of the most affective mods ive done so far.
Only down side of this is that its a bit stiffer now, just a bit harder to keep depressed, but when stop u should b in neutral anyway.....

I know this might be a stupid question, but i just wanted to clarify that you need to remove the whole part? As shown in the picture above. The last thing I want to do is remove anything that I shouldn't. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #91
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
Unless I see a test of with/without and the differences, I don't believe anything. Logically now, why would they have one (whose function is to delay clutch engagement, hence the name clutch delay valve) if it had no function?
With all due respect, this thread is not about the CDV...it's about the clutch spring removal...which works wonderfully for the M3. If you'd like to discuss the differences between the CDVs of the 335 vs the M3, that should be taken to another thread.
Thanks,
TomK

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #92
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentanyl View Post
I know this might be a stupid question, but i just wanted to clarify that you need to remove the whole part? As shown in the picture above. The last thing I want to do is remove anything that I shouldn't. Thanks
yes, that whole piece is removed.

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 02:37 AM   #93
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace996 View Post
With all due respect, this thread is not about the CDV...it's about the clutch spring removal...which works wonderfully for the M3. If you'd like to discuss the differences between the CDVs of the 335 vs the M3, that should be taken to another thread.
Thanks,
TomK
I did not bring up the CDV. Your statement should not be directed to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 06:39 AM   #94
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
That's fine. The pic and statement posted by Tom@EAS is the best evidence about the CDV I've seen posted on here yet. Everyone else just posted their feelings about it. I have yet to see anyone post some sort of evidence opposing Tom@EAS's findings. Also after removing my pedal spring it has remedied all the symptoms described by people in the CDV thread. Therefore I believe removing the spring is all that is necessary on this car. If I can get better proof CDV should be removed I'll then go ahead and remove mine. But I'm not going to start taking my car apart based on some peoples feelings. The pedal spring is an easy one, cause if you don't like it, it can simply be put back in a few minutes.
      12-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #95
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Sounds good. I'm really not here to make a big deal about this. I'm glad you're enjoying your car
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #96
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
That's fine. The pic and statement posted by Tom@EAS is the best evidence about the CDV I've seen posted on here yet. Everyone else just posted their feelings about it. I have yet to see anyone post some sort of evidence opposing Tom@EAS's findings. Also after removing my pedal spring it has remedied all the symptoms described by people in the CDV thread. Therefore I believe removing the spring is all that is necessary on this car. If I can get better proof CDV should be removed I'll then go ahead and remove mine. But I'm not going to start taking my car apart based on some peoples feelings. The pedal spring is an easy one, cause if you don't like it, it can simply be put back in a few minutes.
Same here...spring removal is all it took for a smooth, immediate, and linear feel to the clutch. An amazing transformation to the clutch-feel for only a few minutes of effort.

Last edited by ace996; 12-12-2008 at 11:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #97
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did not bring up the CDV. Your statement should not be directed to me.
Not personal and no malice meant...the statement was to stop the CDV discussion from diluting this thread.
I appreciate your understanding.
Be good,
TomK

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #98
danny929
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue M3 COUPE

maybe its me but if i want to drive agressive on the streets my shifts are very rough,

can someone please elaborate on this linear feel................
i noticed that sometime my clutch is really easy and soft to depress, hence my smoother shifts...........sometimes its stiffer and harder shifts.

i want that soft feeling , please elaborate on the feeling with this mod!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #99
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

To best describe the feeling you could say that now the resistance you feel on your foot while depressing the clutch is even from start to finish. Before with the spring at about half way through the travel of the clutch pedal the resistance on your foot would change. That change in resistance makes it more difficult to "feel" when and how much the clutch is engaging.
      12-15-2008, 10:04 PM   #100
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

I have my CDV removed and yes it did make a difference. I know the picture doesn't show much difference but I can speak from my own experience and it made my clutch feel a lot better. Sounds weird but it now feels like a regular clutch. It seemed like the engagement was always different with it on.
Anyways im going to remove this spring asap and see if this makes difference as well. But from reading the all the previous post, it seems like this spring removal is having the same effect on the clutch as removing the CDV. So i will have to try it and find out. I am going to remove it and post my findings. Either way this sounds like a great free mod, nice find ace996.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 06:15 AM   #101
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Cool, keep us posted with what you find niterider.
      12-19-2008, 04:58 PM   #102
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

ace:

This thread is an example of why I love this forum. This is the best mod I have done to the car, period. The clutch feels 'natural' now. I wish I had done this from the very beginning.

Thanks again for putting this up ace. I must go out and drive now...

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2008, 09:24 PM   #103
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
ace:

This thread is an example of why I love this forum. This is the best mod I have done to the car, period. The clutch feels 'natural' now. I wish I had done this from the very beginning.

Thanks again for putting this up ace. I must go out and drive now...
I'm so glad you enjoy the mod, good to hear you like it.
Be good,
TomK

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #104
danny929
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue M3 COUPE

i do alot of daily city driving with my m, isnt that spring suppose to make its easyer?

people say that that with mod done its harder and stiffer to hold the pedal down (is that true, please elaborate)

i definitly notice that with the oem setup the shifts are rough and jerky, with this mod i will i be able to shift softer

however my main concern before doing it is will the clutch feel a lot harsher and stiffer for city drivers? there is more resistance with this mod correct?

is this mod intended to benfit the feeling of releasing the clutch or depressing it?

thanks for all the help!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #105
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

The pedal is slightly stiffer, not a problem for city driving. Instead of being part stiff part soft with the spring in, it becomes just the stiff part. Best part about it is it doesn't cost anything so if you think it's too stiff just put it back. I noticed it for the first day, now that I'm used to it there seems to be no added effort to keep the pedal depressed. The biggest benefit is for releasing the clutch.
      12-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #106
CodeRed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 & 67 Alfa GTV

It isnt a very stiff clutch regardless ^
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #107
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep