BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

06-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
nofear
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: P

Velos tune on my 2012

So as soon as I got my 2012 MW e92 m3 coupe ,I already had the mod bug......Vivid racing was doing a special on velos with personal tuner for a very modest price and so I thought I'd go for it....
After I got the product ,as I was researching through the forum on ECU tunes I read that most after market tuners "unlike dinan" modify the ECU such that error codes do not show up and so dinan was the "safest route"
Having read that I panicked,called VR and decided to return the product as it was still unopened ,then all my emails with concerns were forwarded to Omar who got in touch with me and assured me that " it would be reckless for us to flash the ECU blocking CEL / error codes and that was not the case"
I was apprehensive about doing this myself as it was new to me with the " personal tuner" down loading and uploading stuff...., Omar hooked me up again and I could not believe how easy the process was.....there was no way you could screw up .... That simple!
Anyways the verdict AMAZING ! I have the AA HFC / X pipe ,dinan CAI with AA filter,dinan pulley and meistershaft gt cans,before the tune had a lot of drone,now it seems to have gone,shifts super smooth and feels smooth
As I just did my 1200 mile service did not want to push it but Omar said that it was going to get better after 150 miles of driving .......
I have my m5 and m6 fully dinan tuned by the way but I felt the m3 was a lot more responsive with the velos tune ....just my opinion ...just thought I'd share this with the forum members.....great job Omar and thanks to Ahmed from VR
Money well spent
      06-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Codes are normally removed for cat delete, however any other check engine light functionality should not be changed by competent tuners.

Glad you are happy with the tune, you should feel free to push it - no reason to wait as long as you are past the break in period.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post
So as soon as I got my 2012 MW e92 m3 coupe ,I already had the mod bug......Vivid racing was doing a special on velos with personal tuner for a very modest price and so I thought I'd go for it....
After I got the product ,as I was researching through the forum on ECU tunes I read that most after market tuners "unlike dinan" modify the ECU such that error codes do not show up and so dinan was the "safest route"
Having read that I panicked,called VR and decided to return the product as it was still unopened ,then all my emails with concerns were forwarded to Omar who got in touch with me and assured me that " it would be reckless for us to flash the ECU blocking CEL / error codes and that was not the case"
I was apprehensive about doing this myself as it was new to me with the " personal tuner" down loading and uploading stuff...., Omar hooked me up again and I could not believe how easy the process was.....there was no way you could screw up .... That simple!
Anyways the verdict AMAZING ! I have the AA HFC / X pipe ,dinan CAI with AA filter,dinan pulley and meistershaft gt cans,before the tune had a lot of drone,now it seems to have gone,shifts super smooth and feels smooth
As I just did my 1200 mile service did not want to push it but Omar said that it was going to get better after 150 miles of driving .......
I have my m5 and m6 fully dinan tuned by the way but I felt the m3 was a lot more responsive with the velos tune ....just my opinion ...just thought I'd share this with the forum members.....great job Omar and thanks to Ahmed from VR
Money well spent
Great to see you are pleased and took advantage of Vivid's offer. Enjoy the car in good health!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Thanks for the compliments just doing my job and ensuring you get what you wanted..now its time go out and enjoy it ....

now we just need to do the Porsche =)...

Ahmed
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0