BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

01-28-2010, 04:56 AM   #45
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Where's the best place to purchase the Bastuck V1/V2?

Both V1 and V2 have no drone? Do they also use a helmholtz chamber as well?

Would the V2 have no drone, even paired with an xpipe? I'm more concerned about the 3k highway drone than any other type of drone.
Give Julius at WSTO a shout. He's running a sale this week on the Bastuck V2.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #46
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Mr Harris,

Check your PM my friend.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #47
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

you can order it without the black tips like how it used to come. i just wanted the black ones bc it went with my color car

i never had hfc on mine just the dinan muffler then the dinan midpipe. when i added the midpipe it was no louder below 4k then with just the muffler on. above 4k when you get on it that is when the exotic majic sound comes in. so it is only loud when you want it to be

i don't have a diffuser so i can't honestly answer that, but i can't see whey not as it looks like it is when i was underneath the car a couple times checking thing out

when you have just the muffler on it is louder then stock only when you get on it. at idle it is only stlightly louder but wouldn't say louder would describe it as a nice sound. kinda like how it should of came oem. then when you are gettin on the car it has a sweet tone to it.

either way with just the muffler or the combo of the midpipe there is no drone ever anywhere and i hate drone with a passion so i would be the first to admit it and wouldn't own a muffler set up if it had drone

my E39 M5 had no drone with the Dinan but when i put the SS X pipe on it had a ever so slight one if you really lugged it in a high gear and got it down near 2k but i that was bc of the SS x pipe and on my E46 M3 i had no drone with the Dinan either where my other buddies with different set ups had massive drone especially one guy with the gruppe m one. omg that was horrible i couldn't drive behind him at meets

H

Quote:
I do somewhat. I do not like how the canisters are polished yet the tips are ceramic black.

Also, is the tone much different than stock when combined with an xpipe w/ hfc's? The Dinan xpipe i just 4 sets of resonators.

Also, is the Dinan adjustable to accommodate a diffuser? Is the muffler any louder over the stock muffler?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #48
KHOALTY
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

H Bomb: You can't order the tips without it being black. I asked the sales rep from Dinan before and they said no.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #49
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

that is weird bc they asked me if i wanted black or silver. hmm maybe they changed it then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoa|Khoalty.com View Post
H Bomb: You can't order the tips without it being black. I asked the sales rep from Dinan before and they said no.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #50
leewoods18
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 550 M sport

I have the AA rear section with the Fabspeed x-pipe with HFCs and resonators. I hear no drone in my system. From the outside, it sounds great with a bit of an exotic tear. On the inside, it is surprisingly quiet. Most of the power is noticeable from the x pipe. I do not plan on dynoing nor do I have interest.

I am sure you will be happy with a Dinan or Gitani, but from my experience, my combo has been great. I do plan on posting pics/vids soon with a formal review soon. Hope this helps.

Btw, what's up with the novel-like responses here?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #51
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Where's the best place to purchase the Bastuck V1/V2?

Both V1 and V2 have no drone? Do they also use a helmholtz chamber as well?

Would the V2 have no drone, even paired with an xpipe? I'm more concerned about the 3k highway drone than any other type of drone.
X2
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #52
Ryan@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
X2
We can get the Bastuck system for you.
We have a special that ends this Sunday, but feel free to call me and I will be more than happy to assist.

These are full bolt-on units. And as they are broken in they do get a little louder/deeper. This is certainly not the loudest exhaust but it is great for those to daily their M3.

01-30-2010, 01:27 AM   #53
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

^

what about any drone?? i think that is what they want to know
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #54
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

I can tell you the Bastuck V1 has absolutely NO DRONE at both the 2,000PRM and 3,000 RPM "prone to drone" ranges with an axle back only. The V2 is only suppose to be a little louder, which would be perfect.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #55
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

what about the rest of the rpm ranges?? any drone there??

it is one nice looking muffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I can tell you the Bastuck V1 has absolutely NO DRONE at both the 2,000PRM and 3,000 RPM "prone to drone" ranges with an axle back only. The V2 is only suppose to be a little louder, which would be perfect.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #56
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Thinking about getting rid of the Dinan now H Bomb?

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #57
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post

I only have the V1, but there's no drone anywhere. You mainly hear it at start up and below 2000 RPM. The V2 is suppose to sound pretty similar but a little louder.
The build quality is truely OEM and the tips are really sweet.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #58
Ryan@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: ACR

Quote:
^

what about any drone?? i think that is what they want to know
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I only have the V1, but there's no drone anywhere. You mainly hear it at start up and below 2000 RPM. The V2 is suppose to sound pretty similar but a little louder.
The build quality is truely OEM and the tips are really sweet.

The drone is really non-existent on the Bastuck V2, throughout the RPMS range.

A lot of customers are asking why they didn't make them louder.
Bastuck makes all their rear exhaust systems TUV certifiable. Which means that it really cannot exceed 93db at its highest level.

The previous V1 was a little too chunky and did not work with the Covnertible models. That is why Bastuck redesigned the V2 to work with the convertible and redesigned the sound levels to be a little more aggressive.

It is not soft by any means (my opinion). It is also not an Eisenmann Race but something that you can enjoy on a daily basis without sacrificing in-cabin comfort.

Last edited by Ryan@IND; 02-02-2010 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #59
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

if you decide to sell the Dinan PM me!
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #60
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrusso View Post
if money isnt much of an issue...the akra doesnt drone
Do you have the axle back akra exhaust?
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #61
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

lol no way i love my system!!

i was just curious about that one as it does look nice and nice to know there is others out there that are drone free

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
Thinking about getting rid of the Dinan now H Bomb?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 01:17 AM   #62
mfeltiii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 AW E92 6mt

Dinan warranty

Quote:
i didn't even see Nawazz added those. those vids do no justice at all for the midpipe and rear combo. it sounds so much better in person and i wasn't even able to hit all the rev ranges in those vids bc some cops started driving by so i had to quit and i was alone doing it so it was hard to get good shots. i can take more MR H if you need but my camera is not good quality.

below 4k it has a nice deep sound then after that it sounds very exotic like. i love the different sounds it has

someone mention there is no perfect setup, i feel for me this is the perfect setup. yes the rear alone is not like wow factor but it is not bad and some power, but when adding the midpipe that really brings the car to life and then you get the power and the sound and no drone so the best of all worlds. i was amazed how much more powerful the car was after the midpipe install

i also like the warranty factor i get to keep

hope that helps some
Wondering if anyone had noticed the Dinan site says that its oem factory warranty match does not apply to its racing products ie: midpipe and midpipe software? Not trying to hate on you H Bomb or jack the thread, just honestly wanted to hear thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 02:53 AM   #63
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

it is 2 years instead of 4 that is what i meant. still not a bad warranty for a catless midpipe when most don't even have one. this is from there site

"Dinan racing products are warranted for 2 years, covering materials and workmanship only. Dinan’s standard matching new car warranty coverage does not apply to racing components. Requires Dinan Racing software D903-40MX "

i also have been a customer of Dinan for almost 10 years and same with my Indy shop that works on my cars. they always take care of me and when i got it i asked about certain things and i don't want to say i get special treatment or anything but they are very good to me

on a side note over all those years i have never had any problems with any of my dinan products. the only thing i can remember that i had to replace was a seal on one of my diffs, and they took care of it no questions asked and covered the labor as well. thats it. and i have high miles on my cars. 80k on my Dinan S2 E39 M5 and about 60k on my Dinan S2 E46 M3 and plan to put at least 60k on this car. i have about 3k miles so far with the midpipe and software and it has been nothing but great. no CEL's no other problems that i have read about on here when people put midpipes on without cats

i knew what i was getting into with getting a catless system but i had straight pipes on my last car E39 M5 and i had to have the sound i just had to have it. this is what my last car sounded like so i couldn't go to a quiet car

i didn't take it as hating at all. any questions feel free to ask

H

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfeltiii View Post
Wondering if anyone had noticed the Dinan site says that its oem factory warranty match does not apply to its racing products ie: midpipe and midpipe software? Not trying to hate on you H Bomb or jack the thread, just honestly wanted to hear thoughts.

Last edited by H Bomb; 02-04-2010 at 03:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #64
WPBM3
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

I just installed Borla Cat back on my E90 M3. Very happy with install, look and sound. $1300 from Turner. Worth considering.....

2009 E90 M3, AW with black, clear bra, 50% tint, H&R spacers, OEM 18"s powder coated black, black grills, Turner pedal set, Borla Cat back
Appreciate 0