BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

05-02-2009, 03:29 AM   #1
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep
Drives: ????

Washer Fluid Refill - help

Ok so I ordered some oem washer fluid and recieved it as Ive been getting the low fluid lights intermittently. i just read the manual and it says to make sure to mix with water according to manufacturer's specifications. the ratio table is in the manual but it's basically like 2:! (water:fluid) - can someone who's done this give me any advice so I can finally start work under the hood,

thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S

Garage List
BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 05:39 AM   #3
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Make sure you use distilled ionized water to mix it...try not to use carbonated water....i used a straw to refill mine after this winter.
      05-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #4
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socale92 View Post
Ok so I ordered some oem washer fluid and recieved it as Ive been getting the low fluid lights intermittently. i just read the manual and it says to make sure to mix with water according to manufacturer's specifications. the ratio table is in the manual but it's basically like 2:! (water:fluid) - can someone who's done this give me any advice so I can finally start work under the hood,

thank you.
you're in LA, so you can probably mix it however you want. 1 part fluid for every 2 parts water is totally normal. People in canada should just throw it straight in there without water. I learned that lesson after battling frozen washer fluid in German winter for putting too much water in the mix.
      05-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep
Drives: ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
you're in LA, so you can probably mix it however you want. 1 part fluid for every 2 parts water is totally normal. People in canada should just throw it straight in there without water. I learned that lesson after battling frozen washer fluid in German winter for putting too much water in the mix.
word thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
alpineweissM3
I love my beautiful wife!
Rep
Drives: e90 ///M

Are you referring to the clear OEM fluid?

If so, where did you get it?
Appreciate 0