BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-25-2016, 10:28 PM   #23
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep
Drives: '19 Porsche C2S Cab_M3 DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPaterson View Post
I'm a hot head too (according to my passengers, I think I'm rather calm and collected), but happily in Oz guns are quite rare and it's only the people who REALLY would use them and not give a ***** who typically have them... and farmers... and police.

Can't really offer advice, since I think each situation is different enough there's no real template. I think, in this instance, not backing down worked since the fellow sounds like the old school bully type (i.e. all holler no cows).

I've done martial arts since 1983 (bit earlier, if you count the year I did judo in 1973 whilst at primary school), and the one thing I've learnt is that whilst it takes a lot of sweat and tears (and broken fists and foot bones, in my case), to get a first dan; it's probably the last line of defence you'd want to rely on.

Problem with road rage is it isn't scripted.... e.g. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-12-1...e-death/601334 I'm sure the assailant didn't mean for the man to die... when **** happens, things can go awry
I did joint service operations with the Royal Australian Air Force. Good guys. It's a pity that you have been disarmed as a nation.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 01:52 AM   #24
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
Thanks. Seriously? At the risk of getting beat up for thread drift, I've carried the 1911 more than any other pistol, so here are some of mine.

Baer 1911 Thunder Ranch “Commanche” Special

Dan Wesson Valor

Ed Brown Cobra Carry (I'm a Cobra pilot)

Colt Special Combat Government in .38 Special

Sig Sauer 1911 Nitron

Better picture of my Wilson Combat Close Quarter Combat.
Wow that is a lot of nice guns. We can't have that in Scandinavia, people would start shoot at each other.
Appreciate 1
GVIFlyer294.50
      10-26-2016, 03:23 PM   #25
Agent-GHQ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW ///M3 E92 MT Comp Pkg

Quote:
The world is full of haters. This is my most recent encounter:

I was driving my BMW M3 to Trader Joe's, along with my wife, to pick up some bananas and water. I drove from my quarters to the the store in a non-agressive manner advantaging myself of the the car's acceleration to accomplish signaled lane changes. I cut no-one off nor did any of the things that generally cause people to not wave at me with not all of their fingers.

Suddenly, there was a guy in a 10 year old Dodge Ram truck following me danger close. I parked at T.J.'s and he parked in an aggressive manner in a semi-blocking mode and came barreling out of his truck. I had slipped my Ruger LC-9 out of my wasteland and into my hand as you never know what crazy's may be up to. He approached my car, yelling, "How does it feel to be a d1ck?" I responded "FU" and saw that he was unarmed so I handed my pistol to my wife for her protection in case I came in second. He was now leaning into my car so I pushed my door open into him to put him off balance while I stood from my car.

I squared with him and once again announced "FU". He went off on some diatribe about how I liked showing off my in expensive BMW and other class envy stuff. No matter what he said my response was "FU" interspersed with "Get in your truck and drive away". I hate this kind of macho adolescent posturing while someone tries to build the courage to actually fight and was trying to say whatever necessary to accelerate the situation. As the parking lot is televised, it was essential that he make an aggressive move towards me. Though he was years younger than me and probably worked in the trades, I have taken the martial arts on and off since I was a teenager, boxed and wrestled in college, spent 25 years in the combat arms and currently go to my local TITLE Boxing Club for conditioning, besides, I know ways to end a fight very quickly. Granted, when I'm mad, I probably don't make the best decisions. Finally, in an effort to encourage him into action or end the encounter, I said the most insulting thing I could think of followed by, "Why don't you just suck my d1ck?" At that, he backed down and climbed into his truck to leave, but then circled around to take a picture of my license plate, announcing, "I've got all I need now." Pathetic attempt to save his self-esteem.

I'm not seeking your expiation as I already know that I handled this poorly, but in my defense, it angers me and I respond poorly when someone calls me a "d1ck".

A better response might have been to simply collect my wife and walk away.

...or to respond to his initial remark of, "How does it fell to be a d!ck", with "I don't know, you tell me." Followed by, "Let's talk about what your problem actually is - you're concerned that your penis is too small; compared to the cute blonde in my car, your wife is a skank, and you can't afford an $80,000 car, nor a $750,000 house, so you are trying to express your impotent rage to someone who can; sorry about your penis."
that $80k car n $750k home is irrelevant to the altercation. U come off as some self entitled smuck just cuz you own material things. Do u plan to take those things with you when you die?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 06:37 PM   #26
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
that $80k car n $750k home is irrelevant to the altercation. U come off as some self entitled smuck just cuz you own material things. Do u plan to take those things with you when you die?
Try reading for content and maybe even comprehension next time. I didn't say what you have attributed to me.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 06:55 PM   #27
Agent-GHQ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW ///M3 E92 MT Comp Pkg

The only thing that stuck out in that content is your emphasis on material things as if it makes you superior to other humans. Again it just makes you come off as an asshole. Maybe that driver is right about your character.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 06:55 PM   #28
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Wow that is a lot of nice guns. We can't have that in Scandinavia, people would start shoot at each other.
Not true, but funny.

I've been into Stockholm Arlanda Airport many times. Stockholm is one of my favorite cities. I normally stay at the Grand because of its proximity to the Gamla Stan.

I was in Stockholm for the raising of the first and third mast on the Vasa. I even went there trying to sell you M1 Abrams Main Battle Tanks; you guys bought Leopards from the Germans instead. We were more successful selling a Gulfstream to King Carl Gustaf.

I hope I get back soon, it's starting to be Raggmunk season!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 11:00 PM   #29
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Quote:
I thought the same and agree with Loveskiing. It does not look like the nut was the guy in the truck. I tried first being on the M3 driver side but no way. That response was way out of scale for the situation. It takes a big guy to de-escalade a situation with some random idiot talking nonsense while any insecure coward can feel big with a firearm at the first insult. I am sure the other party's rendition of the altercation will be very different. Some random truck guy being angry for no reason to follow and corner another car, it does not add up. We know it's not the whole story but i won't read more from a nut who insults people correctly quoting him. And what's with all the pages of firearms in a thread about a scratched car, it screams insecure personality.

PTSD, i would understand.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 11:21 PM   #30
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep

Quote:
The only thing that stuck out in that content is your emphasis on material things as if it makes you superior to other humans. Again it just makes you come off as an asshole. Maybe that driver is right about your character.
Still can't comprehend a simple post. Best of luck to you my friend, life must be very difficult for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 11:36 PM   #31
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3SSII View Post
I thought the same and agree with Loveskiing. It does not look like the nut was the guy in the truck. I tried first being on the M3 driver side but no way. That response was way out of scale for the situation. It takes a big guy to de-escalade a situation with some random idiot talking nonsense while any insecure coward can feel big with a firearm at the first insult. I am sure the other party's rendition of the altercation will be very different. Some random truck guy being angry for no reason to follow and corner another car, it does not add up. We know it's not the whole story but i won't read more from a nut who insults people correctly quoting him. And what's with all the pages of firearms in a thread about a scratched car, it screams insecure personality.

PTSD, i would understand.
I quoted the incident as it happened complete with my contrition for handling it poorly. You and your pal, if and fact you are not the same person, have the same reading comprehension problems.

If you will reread my original post, you will see that I handed my licensed firearm to my wife for her protection before stepping out of my car to confront the man who had blocked my vehicle with his truck and had aggressively approached my wife and I while yelling salacious comments.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 02:32 AM   #32
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Not true, but funny.

I've been into Stockholm Arlanda Airport many times. Stockholm is one of my favorite cities. I normally stay at the Grand because of its proximity to the Gamla Stan.

I was in Stockholm for the raising of the first and third mast on the Vasa. I even went there trying to sell you M1 Abrams Main Battle Tanks; you guys bought Leopards from the Germans instead. We were more successful selling a Gulfstream to King Carl Gustaf.

I hope I get back soon, it's starting to be Raggmunk season!
Thanks man, agree Stockholm is a fantastic town, lived here for 30 years and can't think of another place to leave Sthlm for.
We have raggmunk going every Thursday. Give us a shout next time you're in town and we're share a plate.
Ps. Better leave those guns back home though or you'll scare me off...
Appreciate 1
GVIFlyer294.50