BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

03-10-2008, 09:20 PM   #23
darietta
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

hahah not yet ... i ordered one, but i wish i can get on asap due to my summer arrangement changes, so i was just wondering if there will be any available for delivery on early april

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #24
rvacha
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I vote timsev honorary member of something!

'16 F30 340i xDrive 6MT Melbourne/Black
'08 E92 M3 6MT Jerez/Speed Cloth
'18 F80 M3 6MT SO/CSAT
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #25
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvai View Post
I confused
So you are saying that I should be able to order a car right now?

Seems that sedans have much less demand vs coupes.
I have actually gotten confirmation of that from 2 different dealerships in my area. The sedans will be easier to get than a coupe.
      03-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #26
BMW3R
Bimmer User
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 Mazda3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
I agree too, its hard to be optimistic right now. What worries me is how long this recession is going to last and how much worse it can get.
The government keeps reminding us that we are not in a recession!

I doubt that DCT has anything to do with the poor launch sales. I think that our current market doesn't support the sale of $40k+ vehicles. Good news for potential buyers in the next few months!

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #27
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW3R View Post
The government keeps reminding us that we are not in a recession!
Hehe of course, they dont want people to start freaking out...

"Irrational Exuberance"
      03-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #28
M2381
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, GTI

So do you guys think this will mean we will get our cars faster?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #29
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

I don't see BMW offering incentives on the M3 even if things totally tank. They will simply reduce supply. However, the dealers' margins will be up for grabs soon. Probably around the end of summer. I kind of thought this (economy tanking) was going to happen, but there is no way I could have been patient and spent the summer without an M3.
      03-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #30
par4bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 370Z & My JK Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I don't see BMW offering incentives on the M3 even if things tank. They will simply reduce supply. However, the dealers' margins will be up for grabs soon. Probably around the end of summer.
They might not sell many below MSRP, but they will adjust their leasing factors if cars are not moving. By making attractive payments, they will fly off the lots. I do not think they are close to that point yet. If it stayed stale for 2-3 months, then expect a move.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #31
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't see BMW offering incentives on the M3 even if things totally tank. They will simply reduce supply. However, the dealers' margins will be up for grabs soon. Probably around the end of summer. I kind of thought this (economy tanking) was going to happen, but there is no way I could have been patient, and spent the summer without an M3.
No doubt, the economy will tank even more as oil keeps setting record highs $108 a barrel, and gas now steeply climbing, $3.45 here for 93.
      03-10-2008, 10:03 PM   #32
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by par4bmw View Post
They might not sell many below MSRP, but they will adjust their leasing factors if cars are not moving. By making attractive payments, they will fly off the lots. I do not think they are close to that point yet. If it stayed stale for 2-3 months, then expect a move.
I was referring to incentives on purchases. Yes, leases are different.
      03-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #33
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsev View Post
as of right now, there are 248 M3 coupes on dealer lots right now that are not sold in the US. I figured after this past weekend there would be 0.
I wonder how many of those aren't AW on Black or MR on Bamboo?

Like 3?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #34
rvacha
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Absolutely not. See my post above. Also remember that BMW is by far the leader in lease business of all upscale brands and there is no incentive in today's market to climb higher. Lucid is correct - you can expect BMW to reduce output long before it erodes its selling prices.

'16 F30 340i xDrive 6MT Melbourne/Black
'08 E92 M3 6MT Jerez/Speed Cloth
'18 F80 M3 6MT SO/CSAT
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #35
timsev
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by darietta View Post
timsev, is it possible you can check if there are any M-DCT M3 coupe available for delivery in April (as soon as possible) in the IL, MI, IN area

thanks
yeah, I'll check tomorrow morning. I'm kind of tired right now.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 10:40 PM   #36
timsev
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I wonder how many of those aren't AW on Black or MR on Bamboo?

Like 3?
there were actually a lot of IB with silver but they had the Titan Shadow trim. They were on the east coast.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #37
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvacha View Post
Absolutely not. See my post above. Also remember that BMW is by far the leader in lease business of all upscale brands and there is no incentive in today's market to climb higher. Lucid is correct - you can expect BMW to reduce output long before it erodes its selling prices.
Yes, with purchases, I don't see room for incentives for a specialty car like the M3--especially considering how low they priced it to begin with as you were saying. There seems to be some funny stuff going on with these initial lease terms though; there probably is some room there, and I wouldn't be surprised if the lease terms became somewhat more favorable by the end of summer. But I don't see people driving home with loaded coupes for below $1000/month or anything. These cars will not be treated as 328s that need to be cleared from dealer lots. That personally doesn't matter to me though as I am buying.
      03-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #38
par4bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 370Z & My JK Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvacha View Post
I was not referring to changes in selling prices. BMW does adjust their lease factors to move cars that are not moving as fast as they hope. They have done this for years. Start with high factors and adjust based on demand. Nothing new.

And again, I do not believe there is a sign they will do that anytime soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #39
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
there were actually a lot of IB with silver but they had the Titan Shadow trim. They were on the east coast.
Aha, I knew there seemed to be a few reports of IB cars. But why only out west I'd love to see one of those.

Is that how the colors were distributed then? Strictly regional? Can you share which states got what colors? No particular reason, just that I am curious and you seem to be full of cool info.

Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you to publish a list of each dealership's inventory and upcoming inventory.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #40
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was not referring to changes in selling prices. BMW does adjust their lease factors to move cars that are not moving as fast as they hope. They have done this for years. Start with high factors and adjust based on demand. Nothing new.

And again, I do not believe there is a sign they will do that anytime soon.
How long did it take for the M5's and M6's to get the lease deals we are hearing about these days? I realize that there are other factors there right now, including the fact that they are nearing the end of their model run. And the fact that some are 6MT and those are not particularly desireable since they were a bit of a last minute job by BMW. But can the current deals be soley attributed to those factors, or is there more to it?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #41
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How long did it take for the M5's and M6's to get the lease deals we are hearing about these days? I realize that there are other factors there right now, including the fact that they are nearing the end of their model run. And the fact that some are 6MT and those are not particularly desireable since they were a bit of a last minute job by BMW. But can the current deals be soley attributed to those factors, or is there more to it?
My understanding is that the M5/M6s were somewhat overpriced. I bet the margins on those care are higher as well.
      03-10-2008, 11:06 PM   #42
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My understanding is that the M5/M6s were somewhat overpriced. I bet the margins on those care are higher as well.
I definitely agree with you on the latter, lucid. But as for the former, what does that really mean? To me it just means the market would not pay what BMW wanted. But if that's the case then, in theory, as per earlier discussion, BMW should have cut back production rather than putting money on the hood. Sound reasonable?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #43
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Quote:
My dealer's demo is IB/PS with Silver trim (Boston). Weren't some of the IB M3's that were lost also IB?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #44
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I definitely agree with you on the latter, lucid. But as for the former, what does that really mean? To me it just means the market would not pay what BMW wanted. But if that's the case then, in theory, as per earlier discussion, BMW should have cut back production rather than putting money on the hood. Sound reasonable?
Well, if the margins are higher, they would have less of an issue with handing out incentives. If the margins are low, or nonexistent, they would most likely just cut back on supply. There is no point for BMW not to profit from or lose money on a relatively low volume production car like the M3. But I guess this is all somewhat of a mute discussion since we don't really know what the margins are on either car.